It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look what my camera caught

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Okay guys and gals. I snaped a few shots the other day at a local cemetary. I came up with one picture that i just can not find a logical explanation. The cemetary was deserted at the time I took the pictures with my kodak advantix camera. I wasnt even out to capture anything. just trying to get some cool photos. The first link is directly off the picture CD that came with the film developing. It is completely undoctored in anyway except renaming. the second link is the same photo undoctored except that I circled the anomoly in yellow. The pictures are huge but I left them that way to leave the original condition intact so noone could say I photo shoped it in. I will be posting another picture later take of almost the exact same angle on a different day. I took the second photo for comparison purposes

Completely Undoctored

Anomoly circled

And yes the figure showed up on the paper print as well.

[edit on 12-9-2005 by zombiemann]

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Ok, well until you post a comparison shot, I'm definately going with, that is a void between tree trunks.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I looked at them. As you say, they are huge.
What do you think it is?
Tell us some more.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I'd advise going back and taking the same shot again and see if the anomaly is still there. I'm with Huk on this, you need a comparison shot.

Good luck,

Wupy

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   
It looks to me like a greyish/white blob, not unlike other blobs in the picture. It really could be anything.

Another photo would be good, and you could also go and have a look around the place again, maybe you'll notice something you missed last time.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I dont see anything....is it somethign in the treeline next to those graves?

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Is there a tree in that general area?

To me, it just looks like the trunk of a tree partially obscured by shadows...

jra

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnronOutrunHomerun
To me, it just looks like the trunk of a tree partially obscured by shadows...

Exactly what i was going to say. Just the sunlight reflecting off a tree trunk with the part above it in shadow.

Go there again at the same time of day on a sunny day, if you can and take a nother photo. Get closer to that area as well and take some more shots.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I was going to say a head stone or something along those lines. Doesn't look like anything along the lines of a ghost or anything. As the past posts have said another shot would work wonders

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I agree enron. Or it also looked like it could be a tomb stone. I can actually see the rest of the tree. Try to look very hard and you might notice it. Also, the leaves are right above that spot and they look as if they are coming from right there.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   
comparison image

The best I could do. i am going back tomorow after work to try and replicate the shot exactly. I am taking the original print with me to help get it lined up as near to perfect as possible.

To give a little background on the scenario:

It was taken at greenwood cemetary in decatur illinois. Greenwood is somewhat notorious in the area for being an extremely haunted cemetary. There has even been an entire book written about its history and hauntings by a gentleman named troy taylor. Some of you ghost hunters out there have probably heard of him as I am led to believe he is of some note as far as paranormal research goes.

I personaly look at things like this with a skeptics eye. I do believe in ghosts and such but if skeptics are going to find evidence credible it must be fairly solid. Hence the follow up photographs. Developing 3 rolls of APS film isnt exactly cheap and all 3 pictures are going to be coming from 3 seperate rolls of film.

My first and lasting impression is of a little girl or a woman wearing a bonnet looking at the tombstone right in front of her. I grew up about 3 blocks from this cemetary and I know the area very well and have even spent the night there on a few ocasions as part of a dare. I have seen a number of strange things there as well I just never captured anything on film or even realy atempted to. Like I said before I was not intending to find anything in this picture but I know what I see and believe.

To all the skeptics who have posted in an effort to debunk my theory I sincerly thank you. And more comparison shots are on their way. It may be friday before I get them posted though (wait untill payday to get the film developed) So far though all I have heard from are people who either arent sure or out right disbelieve... is there anyone out ther who see's the same thing I do? Just curious.... not going to hurt my feelings either way.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by zombiemann
The best I could do. i am going back tomorow after work to try and replicate the shot exactly. I am taking the original print with me to help get it lined up as near to perfect as possible.

I would also like if you could take the shot from a closer view, incase the image appears there agian we can I.D. it. Also if you could go up to the spot where you found this "anomoly". Also if you don't mind going there at night take a few shots around that same area. That should be good

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 09:59 PM
link   
The night shots are going to be damned near impossible. Because of a rash of vandalism brought about by the notoriety of the location it is closed at dark and very heavily watched by the police. I am interested in opinions but not enough to get myself arested for tresspassing.
I am planning on spending the better part of the roll of film I am using tomorow to take as much photographic documentation as possible. Any other requests????

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by zombiemann
The night shots are going to be damned near impossible. Any other requests????

That's ok, I had a feeling that it would be closed off, because that is how all of them work around here. If you could get an Apache Helicopter and maybe take some shots from the sky looking down on the location that would be great
But really I doubt there is anything else you can do, other than maybe try with different films, time exposure, light exposure, and all of that....really just a hassle. More pictures are the best hting in my opinion

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I'm still not seeing too much of a difference in that comparison photo....It just looks like the mid-day shadows have shifted a bit....

It looks like you have your APS camera set to panoramic and with very little zoom....And I'm guessing you're using a very high ISO film - What's the film cartridge say? Like 400?

See if you can get some 100 or 200 to reduce the grain, zoom in some more or get closer to the subject and set it to portrait....

Like The_Final said, maximize on any of your manual camera settings to try and get the best picture for us to look at...

I see where you're going, but it's really difficult to discern things at this distance...

U2U me if you need some pointers for your camera set up

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 10:41 PM
link   
The part that I find interesting isn't what you circled.

Look at the first image here and see what I have circled.

At first I thought this was merely a reflection, but upon closer inspection I notice that the lines on it do not match up with those in the pond.

The fact that there is such an obvious difference in their angles shows that there is something by the pond (lake). Due to the angle that this object is laying it cannot be the water. If it were the water then there would have been a stream flowing downhill. Also because it is downhill from the bank. Just my 2 cents.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Well there isnt realy any kind of zoom setting to change. and that isnt a panoramic pic either. I rarely use the panoramic feature. Yea its 400 speed film but other speeds are hard to come by in this area for some stupid reason. The only adjustment I have is the style selector panoramic normal and I cant remember what the other mode is. It has a p an h and a c for the settings. It is almost always set to h.

Keep in mind i was going for the big picture and pretty much got what I wanted out of it. But I am going to try and get some more detailed shots.

Ummm i hate to tell you this K-OS but there is no water withing 1/4 mile of the picture. The greyish line runing horizontily is a concrete retaining wall. The cemetary is on a series of hills. Part of the local legend surounding the ghosts is that one of the hills had a landslide during a rather rainy period and alot of bodies were displaced because of it. Interestingly enough the part of the hill that washed out... and that is a fact that it did.... is just about 50 feet to the left of the left most edge of the picture

[edit on 12-9-2005 by zombiemann]

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Wow, I can see the wall now, but man that looked like a body of water with reflections in it. The "reflections" even line up with surrounding trees and landscape.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I did a quick cut-out and blow up, with a bit of clarification [to the extreme that I could allowable without full distortion], and I believe that it is simply apart of 'a' feature, perhaps connected in some way to the two whitish blobs to the right of what is circled in the photo.

seekerof

[edit on 12-9-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 07:08 AM
link   
This reminds me of my Crazy Sprite Guey , which I am still uncertain of exactly what it is. But just demonstrates that if it is caused by reflection/light, that such things can be extremely complex.

As for your picture because I didn't take it, I would tend to agree that it basically just looks like light falling on half the tree. I have seen this in life plenty of times. Although in the picture it just doesn't quite seem right.

Is that a pond there, the large shape in the lower-mid left? In one picture it looks like water, and in another it looks like a piece of concrete. Water would add to the number of reflections in the area which could be interpreted as ghosts.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join