It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's your secret guilty pleasure?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Almost everyone has at least one secret (or perhaps not so secret) "guilty pleasure" in which they indulge themselves. For some, it's a comfort food. Maybe it's a bacon and peanut butter sandwich which Elvis -- "the King" -- made infamous. For others, it's watching some television show which would being embarrassing if others knew about (you know what I mean....you sponge bob fans). Sometimes, it's building models or collecting Beanie Babies. Face it, almost everyone has one "guilty pleasure". What's yours?

Incidentally, I love sitting down on a Sunday night to watch a Canadian cult favorite, The Trailer Park Boys while devouring an entire bag of plain Ruffle Potato chips. Sounds like something a little too simple...well, you should see me throw a tantrum if I miss it or if I'm disturbed during my little guilty pleasure.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Today I have been eating brownies for my comfort food.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Debating with neocons and demonstrating that Bush is not a true conservative. On Fark.com.

I wish they'd realize that Bush is not the savior of the USA....

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 07:47 PM
link   
hardcore owange on video games

yes I be getting the headshots
yes I CAN dance all day, do try hitting me

First-Person-Shooter my virtual crack.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Playing DDR Ultra Mix on my xbox. I have played for hours on end, until my legs get so tired I have to sit and go to controller and put the mat away to keep playing. I have 17 AAA scores on it on Normal difficulty, all on Easy, and 2 on difficult. I love that game, it is my heroin.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   
So many to choose from......but secret being the key here.....
Still too many to choose from....

does snarfing count?

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 09:29 PM
link   
First person shooters all the way!!!!
Also....
writting a book that I have entitled "Handbook for the Recently Deceased"

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 09:31 PM
link   
nobody is home.
Out comes AC/DC's "Back in Black" CD.
Stereo gets cranked to Mega decibels.
I play air guitar to frightened dogs and cats.

CD is over.
I turn back into mild mannered Spacedoubt..

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   
The point of a secret guilty pleasure is that it's secret.

We all have them, we should all enjoy them, and we should not speak of them.

Thus the word "secret"..............

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 10:00 PM
link   
oooh..
secret AND Guilty..

I though secret referred to this website or something...ok then..

I DO NOT play air guitar..

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Lego armored warfare. Just brings the wargames to life.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I like to go into strip clubs and give the girls monopoly money. When they tell me the money isn't real, I tell them "neither are those."

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 01:14 AM
link   
My guilty secret pleasure, well.....Sometimes I'll let my more gay side come out, when Im alone and think of stupid conversations, where I can say things like "You take that back or I'll b*itch-slap you from here to Liza Manelli's house".

Yeah, I know it's weird.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 04:50 AM
link   
...guilty pleasure:

Driving fast...stupidly fast...in the middle of the night in remote out-of-the-way areas...

...locking it hard into the corners, setting up a 'Scandanavia Flick', smoking up all four wheels and driving it out on the throttle...hearing that induction roar coupled with the 'ppp-chuuuuuuuuuuulllll' from the BOV at each gear change...

Yes...I know its dangerous...yes I know its illegal driving...but hey, its my guilty pleasure...

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Text..guilty pleasure:

Alien.....i couldnt have put it better myself!!!

i leave the house in the morning and my Gf's like "DRIVE SAFELY!!!"

sideways country lane action all the way to work!!!! YIPEEEEE!!!!

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   
LOL

Optimus

Yep, I had to check twice that it was alien who made the post just above yours.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 10:05 AM
link   
In no particular order...

Laughing at two of the meanest boards in the world (WORA and SWOFA)....

Curried omelettes (everyone I know thinks such things are a disgusting travesty. They just have no taste, I reckon)

Champagne for breakfast.

Having marathon "Buffy" sessions. I KNOW, I know, I know....but dang, I love that show

Now for a quick "I felt guilty, but good at the same time" anecdote...

And when I lived in Pennsylvania the apartment building had a huge, well-equipped laundry room. This laundry room had magazines, kindly donated by residents.

After laundrifying one day, I dropped off a copy of Crescent Magazine, after seeing Watchtower and three or four other religious productions, just to ...well, leave a bit of balance, if you will. The next day, it had been removed, and replaced by an additional three Christian titles.

I "hmph'ed" to myself, ran upstairs and brought another copy, and added Tricycle to the mix. The next day, the same thing had happened. I was running out of back issues, but I wasn't deterred....this back-and-forthing continued for about two weeks, until one Sunday, when once again both had been removed, and this time a snitty message was left (on some gloriously pretty paper, too) :

"Wed appresiate (sic) if whoever is leaving the satan inspird (sic) bumfluff here to refrain immediateley(sic)".

Not quite knowing how to react, I ran back upstairs to consult with my Wiccan neighbour.

She dropped off invitations to each resident, for the upcoming Pagan/Wiccan festival, to take place at Samhain in the local community centre.

And strangely, no magazines were ever removed again.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
A couple of my favorite guilty pleasures are watching Cary Grant movies and having a classic afternoon tea with all the trimmings!

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Rocky Road ice cream :w:

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Flirting excessively with my wife. I wonder if it annoys her sometimes but it's so much fun.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join