It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

45 Abandoned Patients Found Dead at New Orleans Hospital

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   
A harsher reality unfolds in Katrina's aftermath, as forty-five bodies were found at the Memorial Medical Center in New Orleans. Thirty-six of those bodies were floating on the first floor in stagnant flood waters. At this time, it still remains unclear how these patients died.

www.washingtonpost.com

Forty-five bodies have been found at a hospital that was abandoned more than a week ago after it was surrounded by floodwaters unleashed by Hurricane Katrina, a state health official said Monday.

Many of the patients died while waiting to be evacuated over the four days after the storm hit, as temperatures inside Memorial Medical Center rose to 106 degrees, said Dave Goodson, assistant administrator at the hospital, owned by Tenet Healthcare Corp.

Dr. Jeffrey Kochan, a Philadelphia radiologist volunteering in New Orleans, said the team that recovered the bodies told him late Sunday it found 36 floating on the first floor.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It's hard to understand that medical personnel would just leave living patients to die, especially on the first floor. Is this is yet another facet of how unprepared the whole city was for a major hurricane?

Related News Links:
www.guardian.co.uk
www.signonsandiego.com
www.wfaa.com

[edit on 12-9-2005 by Regenmacher]

[edit on 27-9-2005 by DJDOHBOY]

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   
That is truly horrible, very sad. How can they just leave the sick and the elderly there to die? It's not only stupid and inhuman, it's disgusting. Anyways, my attention right now is at the Los Angeles power outage ... Check out the main "ALERT!" thread. Peace

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I thin that it is going to come out in the end that this was the hospital that we heard about with the flooded morgue and the bodies were placed on the first floor because they couldn't be taken to the morgue. I can't believe that anyone was left there to drown.

join