It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who In The Mainstream/Govt supports the 9/11 Truth Movement?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Besides Rep Cynthia McKinney, who out there in the mainstream, within government, a position of power, or otherwise in non alternative media cricles supports the 9/11 Turth Movement? Meaning they believe that the government either allowed or elements of the government helped orchestrate 9/11? Or at the very least that the official story is very wrong?

Michael Moore had such a wonderful oppurtunity to present even 1/100th the alarming anomalies and facts that tear away at the official story, yet he fumbled the ball and white washed the whole thing. Only thing he touched on was the Bush/bin Laden connection and that was it.

Just curious who is on the side of exposing the truth? Any comedians? Cartoonists? Anyone? I know if the late comedian Bill Hicks was alive
he'd have plenty to say.

People don't want a revolution, they dont want anarchy...they just want whoever was in the White House that was criminally negligent/complacent or involved behind bars much like Enron and other coverups were exposed and jailed.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Michael Moore is nothing but a shill IMO. He's one of those who perpetuate the left/right paradigm.

The neocons are liars and so are the liberals. Which is why I vote third party now.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by 8bitagent
Michael Moore had such a wonderful oppurtunity to present even 1/100th the alarming anomalies and facts that tear away at the official story, yet he fumbled the ball and white washed the whole thing. Only thing he touched on was the Bush/bin Laden connection and that was it.

He had an opportunity yes, but I think he did the right thing. He made a "socially acceptable" docu that spoke to alot of people. That would not have been the case if he tried to blame the government for 9/11.
He never drew any conclusions in his docu, he presented you the facts, what followed is your responsibility not his.

I'm happy with what he did in his docu, I'm sure it had a powerfull effect because of the size of the crowd he managed to reach with it. Something that would not have been the case if he starting throwing acquisations. Don't forget that before fahrenheit 9/11 there weren't that much docu's about the conspiracy, in a way Moore propelled a large amount of people to look for the truth. And some decided to follow his path and make documentaries. I really think we should be happy with people like him.

Don't expect the entire thruth to come into an hour and a half movie.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by 8bitagent
Besides Rep Cynthia McKinney, who out there in the mainstream, within government, a position of power, or otherwise in non alternative media cricles supports the 9/11 Turth Movement?

Er, well, here are some names (and positions) of people I've pulled off a Google search:

Donn de Grand-Pre - Retired US Army Colonel. Claims to know personally the pilot who shot down Flight 93.
George F. Nelson - Retired US Air Force Colonel.
Morgan Reynolds - Former Bush Cabinet member.
Robert Wright - FBI special agent.
Sybil Edmonds - Former FBI translator.
Mary Schneider - Homeland Security whistleblower.
Howard Zinn - American historian and political scientist.
Kenyon Gibson - US Naval Intelligence.
David MacMichael - CIA analyst.
David Ray Griffin - Professor of philosophy of religion and theology and author of "The New Pearl Harbor."
Michael C. Ruppert - Former LAPD narcotics officer and author of "Crossing the Rubicon."
Jim Marrs - Journalist/Author of "Inside Job".
Eric Hufschmidt - Author of "Painful Questions" and CAD/CAM software developer.
Robert Ballan - MSc & JD: Clarkson College: Chemistry and Law.
Walter Davis - PhD: Univesity of Connecticut: Kinesiology.
A. K. Dewdney - PhD: U of Waterloo: Mathematics.
Derrick Grimmer - PhD: Washington University: Physics.
Timothy P. Howell - PhD: U. of Edinburgh: Computer Science.
Joseph M. Keith - BSE: California State University at LA: Aerospace engineer.
Peter J. Kirsch - MD: University of Witwatersrand: Forensic pathology.
Jerry Longspaugh - MSc: Brooklyn Polytechnic: Aerospace engineer.
Brad Mayeaux - Electr. & Tech. Inst. of New Orleans Cellphone engineer.
Ralph W. Omholt - AAPP University of Alaska: Professional Airline Pilot.
David Shayler - Hon MA Lit. & Linguistics. Formerly with MI5.
Gregory Zeigler - PhD: U of California at Los Angeles: Military Intelligence.
Donald Eckhoff - Drexel Institute of Technology: Engineer & manufacturer.
The National Green Party.
Mary Schiavo - Attorney representing 9/11 families.
Ellen Mariani - Suing Bush Admin over 9/11 attacks.
Ed Asner - Actor and Activist.
Kevin Danaher - Cofounder of Global Exchange.
Medea Benjamin - Co-founder of Code Pink: Women for Peace.
Paul Lannoye - European Parliamentarian.
Michael Meacher - Former UK Environmental Minister.
Andreas Von Buelow - German Minister of Technology and former Minister of Defense.

And an article of interest: Washington Times: Whistleblowers slam 9/11 report, reforms.

Also, SPINE and Prison Planet's list of video clips, etc. featuring Whistleblowers.

[edit on 12-9-2005 by bsbray11]

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Great list, I've found that most people I've spoken with are in doubt as to the official story. Disbelief is on varying levels but I think most people agree that the government at least fore knowledge of the event and people surrounding it. I also believe many people feel their government has failed them in not having acted sooner.

My disbelief, however, runs much deeper.

As to mainstream media, there is a website by the name of ReOpen911.org that has begun running television commercials here in New York concerning the inconsistancies of 9/11 cast in a very conspiratorial light. I was quite shocked by the boldness of what was stated in the commercial. I think they are only airing here in NY but I believe you can view them on the website.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Maybe you are right about Moore at least opening the way for the mainstream acceptance that there is something not right with the Bush administration. But he omits three five BIG things: Osama being treated in Dubai and meeting with a CIA operative in july 2001, the Pakistani ISI head who supposedly wired 100 k to atta meeting with top washington officials the morning of 9/11, NORAD's coincidental hijacker wargames and standing down on 9/11 and of course WTC7 and the forewarnings.

And there is certainly presedent for high level officials in the CIA and elsewhere
coming out with their conscience. Remember, former CIA head chief Bill Colby before he died of questionable causes, came out to support John Decamp in his uncovering of the Franklin/Washington elite child sex ring that reached the whitehouse. Former whitehouse official o'neil also spoke out before he died on 9/11.

Thing is, I BET a lot of celebs know something was up, but fear saying anything for looking like a loon. I think in the years to come that stigma will ease as people see Bush and company doing other bad things.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   
That's a great list and thanks for posting it. It's still a shame that of all our elected officials at the national level, only Congresswoman McKinney is a supporter of the 9/11 Truth Movement. It's at times like this that I really miss the late, great Paul Wellstone, from my home state. There are a lot of rumors that he was determined to "find things out" about 9/11 after he was re-elected---then his plane "crashed," and there went all those hopes.
---Ryan

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Every politician should be fighting for the truth of 9/11 - not least, trying to find out exactly why the CIA allowed bin Laden to rise to such heights aided by nice healthy chunks of CIA money. Then there's the entire Saudi Arabia and Pakistan links which have been largely ignored.

And quite honestly, they should watch Moore's film and realise that it's 10% truth mixed up with 60% rhetoric, 20% hyperbole and 10% utter horlicks.

I agree - Moore had a unique, perfect opportunity, and he completely blew it.

Worse (for him at least), he himself came off looking like an overwrought, over-excitable buffoon.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Every politician should be fighting for the truth of 9/11

Aren't most of them in on the conspiracy?

I think there's a thread somewhere about Hunter S. Thompson was going to reveal something, or was that something completely different?

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Hunter S. Thompson was working on an expose of the Republican pedophile-sex ring when he "committed suicide," as far as I have heard so far he was not particularly doing any 9/11-based research.
---Ryan

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Ohh right, I wasn't sure what he was onto....

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   
He was definitely on the trail of soemthing big with that story, but how big, unfortuantely, is something that we now will never know.
---Ryan

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by RyanC
Hunter S. Thompson was working on an expose of the Republican pedophile-sex ring when he "committed suicide," as far as I have heard so far he was not particularly doing any 9/11-based research.
---Ryan

That's correct I think. Hunter S Thompson was writing his next book about the big child sex ring that serviced Washington DC's top elite and businessmen in the 1980's. Most people have no idea about this, but it's already either jailed, ruined the lives or killed a lot of people invovled in uncovering it. Former CIA head John Colby who was helping Senator Decamp with the exposing of the coverup died in 1996 of mysterious causes, as did some of the witnesses.

Paul Bonnoci, who won a $1 million civil law settlement in the case, identified
in a journal from 1985 that he was taken to Bohemian Grove where some of Washington's elite...well let's just say its unthinkable. He said a Hunter Thompson was there in attendance. Several of the children/teens from the Lawrence King political sex partied identitified Bush Sr. as haven been at at least one of these parties in Illinois during his 1984 campaign.

Hunter S Thompson was also supposedly working on a 9/11 expose, but who knows. But folks, this is what happens when prominent people try to uncover the turth. Look at the guy who uncovered the CIA-Crack in LA-contras thing? He got shot!

Anyways, FBI 30 year veteran and Richard Clarke associate John O'Neil was kind of a whistleblower from the dead if you will, supposedly he was getting way to close to the truth of al Qaeda and was told to back away, and then there was a scandal involving him and him saying by pullin gback the Bush's were allowing 9/11 to happen.

Then ya also have high level officials supposedly saying that the supposed hijackers on thos eplanes were actually FBI informants staying with fbi folks, and in drills NORAD was conducting the weeks leading to 9/11. interesting.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 07:55 PM
link   

---Ryan

No, he was apparently about to expose some 9/11 stuff.

Check out this article from the Globe and Mail, which states that Hunter S. Thompson...

...telephoned me [Paul William Roberts] on Feb. 19, the night before his death. He sounded scared. It wasn't always easy to understand what he said, particularly over the phone, he mumbled, yet when there was something he really wanted you to understand, you did. He'd been working on a story about the World Trade Center attacks and had stumbled across what he felt was hard evidence showing the towers had been brought down not by the airplanes that flew into them but by explosive charges set off in their foundations. Now he thought someone was out to stop him publishing it: "They're gonna make it look like suicide," he said. "I know how these bastards think . . ."

Then of course, it was not long before the news came out that he'd shot himself.

I'd consider that fishy.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Why is it so fishy that the article came out five days after Thompson's death?

Thompson died on the 20th, the article you posted was written on the 26th.

BTW, before anyone jumps to conclusions here are the first two paragraphs of the article.

www.parapolitics.info...

Hunter telephoned me on Feb. 19, the night before his death. He sounded scared. It wasn't always easy to understand what he said, particularly over the phone, he mumbled, yet when there was something he really wanted you to understand, you did. He'd been working on a story about the World Trade Center attacks and had stumbled across what he felt was hard evidence showing the towers had been brought down not by the airplanes that flew into them but by explosive charges set off in their foundations. Now he thought someone was out to stop him publishing it: "They're gonna make it look like suicide," he said. "I know how these bastards."

That's how I imagine a tribute to Hunter S. Thompson should begin. He was indeed working on such a story, but it wasn't what killed him.
He exercised his own option to do that. As he said to more than one person, "I would feel real trapped in this life if I didn't know I could commit suicide at any time."

Not quite so fishy anymore.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I've certainly heard rumors that he was looking into 9/11 stuff, but I've never seen anything in print, hence my statement that I never heard of anything concrete in regards toDr. Thompson and 9/11. I had seen some print and internet references to his looking into the Republican pedophile -sex ring---maybe he was looking into both, and we'll never be able to tell which one got him "suicided," so to spreak.
---Ryan

[edit on 14-9-2005 by RyanC]

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Either way, Thompson was writing to expose one of two major scandals(the Franklin child sex ring/9/11) that should rightfully put one of the Bushes away for life.

As far as suspsicious deaths, remember former CIA head Bill Colby who was helping in the Franklin coverup died mysteriously in 1996...and the guy who uncovered the CIA/crack thing got shot.

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Yeah, that's right---Colby "drowned" in a "canoeing accident"---his computer and lights were on at his vacation home and dinner was left at his table half-finished ---and Gary Webb, the journalist you speak of, was "suicided" just a few months ago.
---Ryan

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Yeah, that's right---Colby "drowned" in a "canoeing accident"---his computer and lights were on at his vacation home and dinner was left at his table half-finished ---and Gary Webb, the journalist you speak of, was "suicided" just a few months ago.
---Ryan

It's been reported numerous times that Colby never would suddenly leave in the early morning without a life jacket and randomly go canoeing. And how convenient that Gary Webb was gunned down. This is why ultimately Michael Moore and those types of shills are safe from any sort of backlash from the government, as they help to make a charictature of Bush that white washes everything.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Great thread.

I guess all of these people are just "conspiracy crackpots" too.
What a joke. The only crackpots are the ones in self-denial who refuse to accept that there's anything wrong with the official lie.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join