It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ireland's spire: A waste of money

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Greetings friends! Here in Ireland greatest country in the world) we have built a spire! Its basically a 250 metre shiny thing sticking out of the ground. Here are some pictures:

That shiny, needle cost..........1 MILLION EUROS! What a waste of money! We could have spent it on something we actually need like:

Missiles
Nuclear missiles
Police who carry guns
An army that carry guns
Fighter jets
A space program
Health department
Fallout Shelters
Laptops for school students

Instead we constructed a giant billboard advertising drugs (It looks like a needle)

Any other ATS leprachauns think this was a waste of money???

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   
It looks like a big flagpole! It makes so little sense that you have to wonder if it serves some other unknown purpose.

Peace

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Maybe its a missile silo?.......makes you think...Wait I was wrong! It cost 4 million euros!

[edit on 12/9/05 by Atomix]

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I think it's a brilliant and beautiful tribute to Ireland, it's exactly what I envisioned as representative of the nation.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atomix
Greetings friends! Here in Ireland greatest country in the world) we have built a spire! Its basically a 250 metre shiny thing sticking out of the ground.

The Spire of Dublin, a brand new 120 metre high landmark in the heart of Dublin City, was unveiled in 2002.
www.visitdublin.com...

New mind control operation, it's the antenna for MKultra.
Can you hear a sizzle in your head when nearby? hehe

Buy, Consume, Obey, Vote Fianna Fail !

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Eh, why not? National pride. "Hey, look at our spire! It's the best spire in the world!" Public works project, jobs, morale, etc. etc. It may not have been the best appropriation of funds, but it's not terrible. (I don't think)

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I like your spire! For some reason.

Here in Chicago, USA we recently got a "Bean" (its official name is Cloud Gate though)

www.millenniumpark.org...

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Well I wanted a laptop

Oh and Fianna Fail are
s

top topics

join