It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indian sub fleet capabilities multiplying!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by puneetsg
There was some refrence about the ATV being captured by Google earth in Mumbai dry docks. I got all excited, but when i finally located what the were talking about, i was dissappointed, relatively speaking ofcourse. The ship turned out to be 2 Delhi class destroyers being fabricated in adjacent dry docks.

Wonder where the ATV is though...

The 3 subs together are surely HDW-209's

One of the other two in front is a 209 as well .... perhaps the other one is an ATV ... just speculating ... maybe its a Kilo class ... again only speculation..

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 06:28 AM
link   
What is known about Russian made nuclear submarines is that they sacrafice shielding for weight/speed. Translation ...the crews pick up much more radiation exposure than non nuclear types.
The word for years now among US Navy Sailors is that in ports frequented by Russian sailors on nuc boats is hands off. They may not be around long enough to see thier children grow up.
As to quieting technology the propeller tech they got from the Japanese who sold them a computerized propeller milling machine.
Sound mounting technology has been around for years. Just not as advanced in the Russias. They are obviously closing the gap with us and the Europeans. Much of this tech has advanced rapidly in the last twenty years.
Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 01:06 AM
link   
orangetom thanks for your imput

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Stealth Spy

of course they will progress rapildly - they`ve allready got the money so they can throw it at the project!!

Still , it is IMO , they will have the ASW carrier - something to run support for the expanding sub fleet

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   

What is known about Russian made nuclear submarines is that they sacrafice shielding for weight/speed. Translation ...the crews pick up much more radiation exposure than non nuclear types.

That was true of their early SSN's, specifically the November class, however I don't think it's true of their latest boats. They seemed to have learned their lesson in that regard.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   
~bump~

Just read about this.. comparatively old news but I'm putting this up for discussion simply because if its all really true, then this is the last you've heard about it in media reports..
The next time it comes up is probably a navy exposee event, or a really bad press leak!

Akula IIs headed for the Indian Ocean!!
Complicates things to say the least!

Link:

Indian Newspaper

Note that Russia denied that report almost immediately..

www.strategypage.com...

So what's your take?
real..? fake..?
Implications? rammifications?

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 07:20 AM
link   
WOW! If tht is true, and thts a BIG IF, then it is big news!!

Indian Navy gets their first Nuclear Sub

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join