It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are using WMD in Iraq?!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Army
Sri, great link to a terribly biased site! Beautiful! I notice Ms Moret has zero education or work experience in the nuclear field (her bio, not my words) yet calls herself an "expert".

Very well... we'll gather some expert opinions.

DU...the first word IS "depleted". Natural uranium puts out over 15,000 alpha particles per second....oops, another ignorant statement proven wrongl.

Damacio Lopez - Research Director for International Depleted Uranium Study Team

"...They take U-235, the enriched uranium that has been extracted through the gaseous diffusion process, and send it to nuclear power plants to make nuclear fuel rods or to weapons laboratories to make nuclear weapons. The remainder of the natural uranium is a large amount. Only one half of one percent was taken out of the boxcar in the form of the uranium isotope U-235. The rest is called depleted uranium. Well, it is not depleted of uranium, obviously that is a misnomer. What it is depleted of, to some degree, is its radioactivity. But it is not depleted of its entire radioactivity. Therefore the depleted uranium is more than half as radioactive as it was when it was in its purest state as natural uranium (yellow-cake). This is very important to remember. The radioactivity is not minuscule."

Note... THE RADIOACTIVITY IS NOT MINUSCULE.

Dr. Hari Sharma - Head of the Radio-chemistry and Isotope Division at the Atomic Energy Establishment in Trombay, India

"...Previous speakers have already described the radioactive properties of DU and, of course, it emits energetic alpha particles. In short DU, or uranium, falls under the category of radioactive materials. This is a reality. All I care is that radioactivity should be treated with the care and respect it deserves, so that it will not hurt us. [] If you disperse it in the environment, one way or the other it will harm people."

Note: IT WILL HARM PEOPLE

There have been NO CREDIBLE studies of radiation backgrounds in Iraq..the country has been essentially closed to anyone since 1991. If you can produce such a study, from a non-biased, non-political, non-agenda group, I'd like to read it.

Remains of toxic bullets litter Iraq - By Scott Peterson

"...Ms. Hamid's stand is just four paces away from a burnt-out Iraqi tank, destroyed by - and contaminated with - controversial American depleted-uranium (DU) bullets. Local children play "throughout the day" on the tank, Hamid says, and on another one across the road. No one has warned the vendor in the faded, threadbare black gown to keep the toxic and radioactive dust off her produce. The children haven't been told not to play with the radioactive debris. They gather around as a Geiger counter carried by a visiting reporter starts singing when it nears a DU bullet fragment no bigger than a pencil eraser. It registers nearly 1,000 times normal background radiation levels on the digital readout."

Iraqi cancers, birth defects blamed on U.S. depleted uranium
By LARRY JOHNSON
SEATTLE POST-INTELLIGENCER FOREIGN DESK EDITOR

"Studies show it can remain in human organs for years.[]The U.S. Army acknowledges the hazards in a training manual, in which it requires that anyone who comes within 25 meters of any DU-contaminated equipment or terrain wear respiratory and skin protection, and states that "contamination will make food and water unsafe for consumption."

There has been NO link to weapon systems in Iraq, and birth defects. If you can produce such a study, from a non-biased, non-political, non-agenda group, I'd like to read it.

First... take a look at some of these photos of recent iraqi babies:

www.web-light.nl...

then from the sanfrancisco chronicle
Iraq links cancers to uranium weapons - Robert Collier, Chronicle Staff Writer
Monday, January 13, 2003

"Iraq has experienced a dramatic increase in child cancers, leukemia and birth defects in recent years. Wisam, Iraqi medical authorities and growing numbers of American activists cast blame on the U.S. weapons containing depleted uranium that were used in the 1991 Gulf War and in the 1998 missile attacks on Baghdad and other major cities."

Democracy Now
Thursday, September 30th, 2004
Daughter of Soldier Contaminated with Depleted Uranium in Iraq Born with Deformities

"In early September 2003, Army National Guard Spec. Gerard Darren Matthew was sent home from Iraq, stricken by a sudden illness. One side of Matthew's face would swell up each morning. He had constant migraine headaches, blurred vision, blackouts and a burning sensation whenever he urinated.The Army transferred him to Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington for further tests, but doctors there could not explain what was wrong. Shortly after his return, his wife, Janice, became pregnant. On June 29, she gave birth to a baby girl, Victoria Claudette. The baby was missing three fingers and most of her right hand."

There is nothing illegal about DU projectiles...nothing. There are no Hague Accords signed, no protocols agreed to, no Geneva conventions mention it. Being depleted of dangerous levels of radiation, they have been deemed safe by all countries...evidence of most first world countries using them.

US Forces' Use of Depleted Uranium Weapons is 'Illegal' - by Neil Mackay
"According to a August 2002 report by the UN subcommission, laws which are breached by the use of DU shells include: the Universal Declaration of Human Rights; the Charter of the United Nations; the Genocide Convention; the Convention Against Torture; the four Geneva Conventions of 1949; the Conventional Weapons Convention of 1980; and the Hague Conventions of 1899 and 1907, which expressly forbid employing 'poison or poisoned weapons' and 'arms, projectiles or materials calculated to cause unnecessary suffering'. All of these laws are designed to spare civilians from unwarranted suffering in armed conflicts."

----------

www.mindfully.org...

Four reasons why using depleted uranium weapons violates the UN Convention on Human Rights:

LEGALITY TEST FOR WEAPONS UNDER INTERNATIONAL LAW

TEMPORAL TEST – Weapons must not continue to act after the battle is over.
ENVIRONMENTAL TEST – Weapons must not be unduly harmful to the environment.
TERRITORIAL TEST – Weapons must not act off of the battlefield.
HUMANENESS TEST – Weapons must not kill or wound inhumanly.

[edit on 14-9-2005 by Sri Oracle]

[edit on 14-9-2005 by Sri Oracle]

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daystar
We (the Coalition) didnt obliterate the Iraqi military. We killed a load of conscripts. Excuse me while I am bowled over by that stunning victory.

We killed conscripts, we killed Saddam's guard, we demolished the Republican Guard and Fedayeen (paramilitary) units encountered, we destroyed their entire infrastructure, we destroyed their planes, we destroyed their runways and we did it all in 26 days.

However pathetic his military, we still obliterated it and then waltzed through the rest of Iraq.

In the months of March and April 2003, which held the 26 days of Operation Iraqi Freedom, the US military suffered 138 casualties. 542 soldiers were wounded.

Of those 138, 44 of them were killed by non-combat related incidents (helicopter accidents, weapon malfunctions, illness, etc.) This means that during the entire operation we lost a whopping 94 soldiers.

Just thought I would reveal that pearl of strategic wisdom....

Get your money back. It was fake. Our presence in Iraq whether you feel it to be right or wrong, we still stomped a mudhole in Iraq.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 11:21 PM
link   
... your right.

... its comes down to respect.

If a school yard nerd, was faced by 10 school yard bullies.. and the bullies one..

who is the more respected?
The bully's parading around in the nerds space showing how strong they are?
or the nerd, who althought pummled and beaten, still wants to breathe and live?.

I respect the individual soilders for there acts of bravery.
I disrespect the american government for sending them in.
And I Disrespect the people who say it needed to happen!

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Again, both links are of unsubstantiated supposition, with no basis in fact or research....not to mention that #2 is from Ms Moret, already established as not having any nuclear background or education.

The photo's, while terrible afflictions, show/prove/relate absolutely no link to DU. In fact, the photo's were provided "ANONYMOUSLY" to the alledged Doctor.

DU munitions are used by over 12 western militaries. There is NO reports of tank/aircraft crews being rendered into blubbering pools of goo by the mere presence of the DU munitions in close proximity.

*edited to add:* BTW, yellowcake is quite harmless in its natural state. With DU having LESS THAN HALF of the natural levels...well, I'll let you do the math.

I laugh at you once more

[edit on 14-9-2005 by Army]

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 05:50 AM
link   
We hear of masked men, unknown tapes, and mysterious claims by so called terrorists that they are carrying out suicide bombings in Iraq.

But is that true ?

Why on Earth would they be killing their own citizens to drive out the "invaders":

check this out:

www.aljazeera.com...

www.aljazeera.com...

---

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 07:58 AM
link   
AL Jazeera is reporting the the US is behind the suicide bombings? It must be true. They only report the most fair and balanced news at Al Jazeera.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join