It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

September 11 2001 Potential Hijack Plane

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I was watching the 9/11 specials on A&E and History channel yesterday. On one of the specials they referred to a plane that when all aircraft got the ordered to land, one plane that had taken off from Newark Airport (where Flight 93 also took off from) landed back at Newark. There were reports of 3 or 4 MiddleEastern men frantically getting off the flight once it landed. When their baggage, which they left behind was opened they found Al Qaeda printed materials in them.
They were never able to identifiy the men due to false ID's being used.

This is the first I had heard of this event. Did it occur? It seemed weird they way the special mentioned it, like it was fairly common knowledge. Considering that another terrorist flight took off from Newark it seems possible that another could have been planned but was prevented.

I have tried some searches on the internet but had not come up with anything.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Any idea how they knew false IDs were used?

This Boston flight is cited as being perhaps a 5th, but as the report is very soon after 9/11 it could easily be a premature supposition.

(Any idea which show it was?)

Like you, I'm having difficulty finding material to suggest this, but I'll keep looking

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   
From what I remember during the special, authorities found the ID's in the suitcases that had the Al Qaeda materials . Those ID's did not match up with any passengers. It was a quick 1 or 2 minute bit on one of those specials. Not a lot of detail but it was the first I had heard of it.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   
The special was the one about the Air Traffic controllers on 9/11 I think. It was late and I was tired. The flight they were referring to took off and then relanded at Newark. I tried a google search but didn't find anything about an incident at Newark. The Show's title was "Grounded on 9/11". The man who was talking about the Newark flight was the head of some air controller's organization. That's what made me do a double take, it wasn't some conspiracy flake mentioning it.

[edit on 12-9-2005 by pavil]

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Here is a little more info I found. This flight took off from Boston but sounds like the Flight from Newark that was talked about in the show. I am pretty sure the gentleman in the show said the flight departed and returned to Newark though.

www.cooperativeresearch.org... ts

There may have been an attempt to hijack United Airlines Flight 23 flying from Boston to Los Angeles around 9:00 a.m. Shortly after 9:00 a.m., United Airlines flight dispatcher Ed Ballinger sent out a warning about the first WTC crash to the flights he was handling (see (After 9:00 a.m.)). Because of this warning, the crew of Flight 23 told the passengers it had a mechanical problem and immediately returned to the gate. Ballinger was later told by authorities that six men initially wouldn't get off the plane. When the men finally disembarked, they disappeared into the crowd and never returned. Later, authorities checked their luggage and found copies of the Koran and al-Qaeda instruction sheets. [Chicago Daily Herald, 4/14/04] In mid-2002, a NORAD deputy commander says “we don't know for sure” if Flight 23 was to have been hijacked.

There might have been as many as 8 aborted attempts on Sept. 11 according to the above site.

Here's an example:

Knives of the same type used in the successful hijackings were found taped to the backs of fold-down trays on a Continental Airlines flight from Newark. [Guardian, 9/19/01]

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Who Owns A & E and The History Channel?
www.nowfoundation.org...
Parent Company General Electric www.ge.com...
$100.5 billion
1998 revenues
GE/NBC's ranks No. 1 on the Forbes 500. Prior to its merger with NBC and an alliance with Microsoft, GE specialized in electronics. The peacock owns many New York sports team. It also owns or has equity stakes in many popular websites, including Snap.com and iVillage.

Disney www.cjr.org...
is not a media company that relies solely upon Mickey Mouse and amusement parks. From the ABC network to ESPN, Disney is an extremely well diversified corporation with so many holdings that they seemingly contradict one another. The same company that brings Peter Jennings and the ABC Family channel into living rooms is also the parent company of Miramax Films, a production unit specializing in violent and risqué features. Disney's roots date back to the early 20th century, however the company truly became the vertically integrated giant it is today after it acquired Capital Cities/ABC in 1995.

Cable Television
ABC Family

The Disney Channel

Toon Disney

SoapNet

ESPN Inc. (80% - Hearst Corporation owns the remaining 20%) includes ESPN, ESPN2,
ESPN News, ESPN Now, ESPN Extreme

Classic Sports Network

A&E Television (37.5%, with Hearst and GE)

The History Channel (with Hearst and GE)

Lifetime Television (50%, with Hearst)

Lifetime Movie Network (50% with Hearst)

E! Entertainment (with Comcast and Liberty Media)

Networks Owned NBC
includes programming, news and more than 13 TV and radio stations

Cable Interests Owns 25-50% of the following:

A & E (with Disney and Hearst)
American Movie Classics (25%)
Biography Channel (with Disney and Hearst)
Bravo (50%)
Bravo International
CNBC
Court TV (with Time Warner)
Fox Sports Net
History Channel (with Disney and Hearst)
Independent Film Channel
MSG Network
MSNBC (50%)
National Geographic Worldwide
News Sport
Prime
Prism (with Rainbow, a subsidiary of Cablevision, and Liberty Media, a subsidiary of TCI)
Romance Classics
Sports Channel Cincinnati, Chicago, Florida, New England, Pacific, Ohio, Philadelphia

Your gonna get 100% truth here...I gurantee you

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I heard on Oprah, there were three people who let one of the three terorist pass, he has that popular face, creepy looking man...forgot his name, but the two people who let him pass commited suicide and the third guy said he was seeing his face everywhere; like in dreams and while shopping and while he was walking outside he saw his face in a car staring back at him.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nlive81
I heard on Oprah, there were three people who let one of the three terorist pass, he has that popular face, creepy looking man...forgot his name, but the two people who let him pass commited suicide and the third guy said he was seeing his face everywhere; like in dreams and while shopping and while he was walking outside he saw his face in a car staring back at him.

Poor guys. The terrorists weren't on any "no fly" list that was available to the airline employees....it's just tragic that they'd feel enough guilt to resort to suicide. They couldn't possibly have known.

Having said that...do you remember the details? I've tried looking online, but I can't seem to find anything to confirm this.

Help?

top topics

join