It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Base in Arizona!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Yesterday, I was at my Grandparent's house. I was in the basement talking to my Uncle Able, and watching TV. My uncle knows I'm really into airplanes and military technology, and he often tells me intresting facts about some of the well known aircraft. He is a truck driver for a company that ships stuff for the US Defense Department. Most of his runs are usually shipping supplies to places like: Ft. Meade for the NSA, Norfork Va. (Food and other things for the ships), bringing equipment to King's Bay, where the Ohio-Class Missle subs are, Picking Up scap metal out at Davis-Monthan AFB, AZ, ECT.

However, Yesterday, he told me something Very Different. He had one Special run where someone dropped a special locked trailer off at on of his stops (he did not say where it was). He had to Take this trailer out to Arazona and wait at a special truck stop until someone called him and gave him a time to arrive. Once he got the call, he headed into the Desert outside of Flagstaff AZ. Once he got out there, he was stopped at the gate an had to show his security clearance to the guards, and sign in. A guard then climbed into the cab with him and guided him to an inclosed loding dock on the far side of the base. On the farside of the base two men helped him line his turck up, and then covered his mirrors. Then he had to back-up blindly into an indoor loading dock. Someone unhooked his trailer (he wasn't allowed out of the cab). He then had to drive to a guard station. There he had to sign a sheet to verify that he had made the delivery. On the paper it only said "Scrap Run #" (He couldn't tell me the number). He was then told to go into town and wait until he was called to pick up his trailer. Later, he heard someone talking about a srap yard for "black" projects.

Unfortatly, this is all my uncle could tell me about this strange delivery. From his story, I got the Idea that this place might be where they scap some of the test planes from places like Area 51, when they are done with them. Ilooked for this place on a map, but it isn't there. Does anyone know anything about this Secret "Bone Yard" near Flag Staff? What is this place called? Does it even have a Name?

Mod Edit: Fixed Title

[edit on 9/12/05 by FredT]

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 07:03 AM
link   
The only boneyard I'm aware of as far I can remember is AMARC at Davis Monthan Air Force Base.

www.dm.af.mil...

However, this massive facility is certainly no secret as civilians can book tourist visits to the boneyard.

If you use GoogleEarth, the program even highlights the different types of aircraft stored there.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Never heard of such a place, although I can certainly believe that one, as you describe, could certainly exist.

I have been to a facility not unlike what you have described, although it was very small and located in theheart of Arlington, VA. I once had to delivery a very large amount of classified material to a certain gov't customer. Well, the Learjet we leased to do the job ran late, and we ending up getting into Washington very late in the afternoon. The security vault at the customer's office had already been secured, so when we got there the gov't security officer got in our minivan and directed us to the back of a dilapitated strip mall. There were about a dozen loading locks behind this building, one of which had a security camera, intercom, and electronic keypad. We backed up and unloaded the materials into this small warehouse after going through security checks. There was some cool stuff in that place.......but I could never tell you where it was because I don't know myself. I never even saw the front of the building and it was in some low-rent neighborhood that I wouldn't be caught dead in, at night.

Also, I used to take classified hardware and magnetic media out to the old Navy Base in Oakland, to the supply side where there are like hundreds of huge warehouses near the docks. One of those warehouses looked like crap on the outside (just like the rest of them), but......surprise! The inside was all modern and clean, and thats where this government customer had a cold-storage achives for special projects data, and also where they had some pretty cook destruction equipment. However, from what I was told that facility closed up shop about 5 years ago and moved to another location. You could only ever tell it was different from the other hundreds of warehouses on the base by the number of cars parked around it.

So, a place as you described could exist, especially if it was south of Flagstaff, near Mesa, where there is a heavy concentration of DoD and Aerospace contractor activities.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghost
...My uncle...He is a truck driver...

...He had one Special run where someone dropped a special
locked trailer off at on of his stops (he did not say where it was)...

...He was then told to go into town and wait until he was
called to pick up his trailer...

[edit on 9/12/05 by FredT]

I'm seeing a couple of major flaws in that story.
Please help me to understand -

The trailer doesn't belong to the driver (your uncle) it
was the shipment he was hired to deliver.

1 - Why didn't the spooks just have him drop it at
a holding area and tell your uncle it was frozen
chickens or whatever. Then the spooks could
pull the trlr into the "secret warehouse" themselves?
Locked trailers are not particularly special. Plenty of
freight gets trucked with a tamper detect seal. The
driver may not know what's in them except what's
listed on the bill of lading.

2 - Since the trailer is not his, supposedly belongs to the
spooks, why would they "give it back to him"? Plenty of
commercial trucking firms operate that way. The trailer
gets left at the destination. The driver drives the tractor
to a new location and hitches on to an
different, already loaded trailer.

Sarge

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Camo,

Interesting observations.

Can only say that when one picks up the propellors for the wind generators at the mesa they bobtail to the port and are required to bring the trailer back. The truck is paid both ways. You take the trailer. You bring it back.

But a very good question, nonetheless.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by SgtCamo
2 - Since the trailer is not his, supposedly belongs to the
spooks, why would they "give it back to him"? Plenty of
commercial trucking firms operate that way. The trailer
gets left at the destination. The driver drives the tractor
to a new location and hitches on to an
different, already loaded trailer.

Sarge

Just to point out one thing. I only said that the trailer wasn't the one my uncle usually hauls. I have no idea if it belongs to the company my uncle works for or not. I don't know who owns the trailer he had that day.

I never meant to imply that I know who owned it, because I don't!

Tim

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Would your grandfather not be able to trace his steps?

He must know roughly where it is? Even the "Special Truck stop" they must of given him directions to get there? At least it would narrow it down a bit

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by DodgeG1

He must know roughly where it is? Even the "Special Truck stop" they must of given him directions to get there? At least it would narrow it down a bit

First of all, it was my Uncle, not my grandfather!

I'll ask Uncle Able about the truck stop where he waited next time I see him. However, I'm not really sure how soon that will be.

Tim

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 08:11 AM
link   

I'll ask Uncle Able about the truck stop where he waited next time I see him. However, I'm not really sure how soon that will be.

Tim

I do appologize! I read it wrong!

Yes good idea to ask him, is he ok to talk about it? He might be able to talk roughly about it to you but not give any details if you know what I mean? Depends what it said on the slip that he had to sign?

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I know exactly where your uncle went, that story makes perfect sense. Right outside of Flagstaff AZ (to the west) there is a military Depot, it is very heavily guarded. Here is a satellite view of it. This place is used to store old bombs, guns, weapons, chemicals, and things made to build all of them - "Hence the reason it was a Scrap run"

Veiw of the entire base:
maps.google.com...,-111.848030&spn=0.068359,0.120352&t=k&hl=en

North end of the base: (notice the rest stop to the north of the freeway)
maps.google.com...,-111.824598&spn=0.017084,0.030088&t=k&hl=en

Close up of storage bunkers:
maps.google.com...,-111.829512&spn=0.004272,0.007522&t=k&hl=en

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kamikazi
I know exactly where your uncle went, that story makes perfect sense. Right outside of Flagstaff AZ (to the west) there is a military Depot, it is very heavily guarded. Here is a satellite view of it. This place is used to store old bombs, guns, weapons, chemicals, and things made to build all of them - "Hence the reason it was a Scrap run"

Cool,
So this is the mystery facility the Uncle Able was at. According to my Uncle, this place also has a storage area for secret aircraft that aren't being used. Based on the photos and what little my uncle told me, I really think this is the place!

Now I'm curious, do you by a chance have an idea what this place might be called?

Tim

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Uncle Able Flag Staff drives truck fov gov has clearance to much personal detail! Dont get him fired!

Originally posted by DodgeG1

Tim

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Very interesting place. Wouldn't it be something if they keep UFO parts there. Maybe the Roswell craft is there lol. I have seen a few military scrap yards, but this one seems a little more secretive than the others that I been too.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by japike
Uncle Able Flag Staff drives truck fov gov has clearance to much personal detail! Dont get him fired!

My uncle doesn't live in Flagstaff! However, I think I'll keep all additional information about him Confidential. I know he can't afford to get in trouble, he has a son he has to take care of. Thanks for the advice Japike.

Tim

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   
You have already provided more than enough information for most agencies to track him. They can narrow it down quite a bit just by the time ( last few weeks), and the procedures used. There are procedures for "watermarking" such things. Like using two guys, three guys, one guy, whatever. Meeting at certain truck stops, etc,etc. This way if someone speaks of it, they will know. Nothing is by chance. Everything is for a reason I.E. meeting places, times, number of personel present.

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   

There he had to sign a sheet to verify that he had made the delivery.

Ok, let me get this right, are you saying he had to sign a piece of paper he made the delivery

Normally it is the over way round the person who recieves the goods signs for the material proving they received it. That smells very fishy to me.

[edit on 9/17/2005 by shots]

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I belive he just mixed it up a little bit. You have to sign onto base, and when you leave base. I assume this guy was just signing the departure papers ( date, time, company, reason for being there, time in, time out) before leaving.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by wiggy
I belive he just mixed it up a little bit. You have to sign onto base, and when you leave base. I assume this guy was just signing the departure papers ( date, time, company, reason for being there, time in, time out) before leaving.

I agree that would be normal procedure for getting on and off the base,but the way it was explained it sure does not sound like a sign out sheet to me. There was also one other flag that went up, he did not mention anything about searching the truck prior to entry on the base, which is now normal procedure after 911

There he had to sign a sheet to verify that he had made the delivery. On the paper it only said "Scrap Run #" (He couldn't tell me the number).

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by wiggy

Possibly! Maybe I misunderstood something. I know he had to sign something.

Could it have been some kind of log to varify the transfer of classified materials?

Tim

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   
There are about a dozen of these bases accross the US, there are like 4 in Utah alone. They are mainly used for storage of out dated weapons and aging nuclear weapons. The locations of these bases is what I dont understand, they are all off of major freeways

top topics

<<   2 >>

join