It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My visit to a recent gas station in Michigan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 04:41 AM
link   
I would like to share with you a conversation between me and a gas station owner the other day.
I pulled into the station which was selling gas at $2.69 a gallon, which is the lowest around my area, and the lines were extremely long. As I went into pay I thanked the owner for having a half way decent price per gallon today. He replied to that he could lower the price per gallon to $2.59 so he could make everyone happy and I cut in and said that by doing that would'nt he run out of gas earlier? He said no, that wasn't the problem. He said he wouldn't be able to handle all of the custumors? I was taken aback by his reply! To me this was just another way of gouging the public and jumping on the band wagon, so to speak, by pumping up the prices to make a buck... Since the katrina incident, I have watched how gas stations have had thier tanks removed and new ones put in. I guess if I gouged the public and raised my prices in the ranges of $3.36 per gallon(that's the cheap stuff) I would build a new station with new tanks also!

Thank you for letting me share,
Starr

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Since the katrina incident, I have watched how gas stations have had thier tanks removed and new ones put in.

Are the old tanks being replaced by larger ones? I haven't seen that here in New England (yet). So they are getting bigger tanks for bigger profits, eh?

Lovely.:shk:

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   
The tanks look bigger but I imagine that they are more accurate then the old ones. The other day they found a gas station that was giving the customers 5% less then what was registering on the gallon dials.. The customer felt something was wrong when the needle on the cars\' gas tank didn\'t move like it should and the customer called the news team here in Michigan and investigated the station... The news people found that the gas station owner had put a devise inside the pump area that would cause it to misread,the station was fined a huge amount and was to pay back all the moneys they could locate via credit card customers. I guess paying with cash you just lost out. But the price gouging and gas station owners are taking heed.

I also received this email from my father in law regarding gas stations>>>>
Where to buy gas (READ!!!)

THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO KNOW. READ ON--

Why didn\'t George W. think of this?

Gas rationing in the 80\'s worked even though we grumbled
about it. It might even be good for us!

The Saudis are boycotting American goods. We should return the favor. An interesting thought is to boycott their GAS.

Every time you fill up the car, you can avoid putting more money into the coffers of Saudi Arabia. Just buy from gas companies that don\'t import their oil from the Saudis.

Nothing is more frustrating than the feeling that every time I fill-up the tank, We are sending my money to people who are trying to kill us,my family and my friends.

I thought it might be interesting for you to know which major oil companies import Middle Eastern oil:
Shell............................. 205,742,000 barrels
Chevron/Texaco......... 144,332,000 barrels
Exxon /Mobil............... 130,0! 82,000 barrels
Marathon/Speedway... 117,740,000 barrels
Amoco............................62,231,000 barrels

If you do the math at $60/barrel, these imports amount to over $36 BILLION!

Here are some large companies that do NOT import Middle Eastern oil:

Citgo....................0 barrels
Sunoco...................0 barrels
Connoco...................0 barrels
Sinclair.................0 barrels
BP/Phillips..............0 barrels
Hess.....................0 barrels
ARC0.....................0 barrels

All of this information is available from the Department of Energy and each is required to state where they get their oil and how much they are importing.
I would like some one to investigate the above for me if possible..just to see if it is true.

Thank you, Starr

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I go to either BP or Sterling, not sure who supplies Sterling's though. Although when Kroger does a thing with points/cards I go there. Right now get 30 cents off the gallon, so down to less then 2.50 a gallon!!!!!! Or a couple places have some gas, ethonal or somthing real cheap, but it only works on certain cars.

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by starr
I also received this email from my father in law regarding gas stations>>>>
Where to buy gas (READ!!!)

Sorry to steal your thunder, Starr; but, that e-mail is almost entirely wrong.

Check out the response at Snopes

Much as we all wish it were that simple, it's not.

Gas prices are not as affected by the Arabs as we all seem to think.

Sorry.

new topics

top topics

join