It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Starting a secret society

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I would like to start a secret society.

The problems in the world seem insurmountable. And people do not seem willing to change. It is becoming more and more obvious that people are driven, not by rational thought, but more complex things. However, people can be swayed and are swayed by the media and religious institutions, and cultural identity, etc. There is also too much information. For every argument for something there is an equal amount of information against. And so no one really knows for sure.

And so I thought, what might save us from ourselves? What might be the answer? Then it dawned on me. We need an organization, like no other organization every conceived of. We need an organization that might exist, free from outside influence, for centuries and millenia. An organization that might collect information and be a storehouse of all human knowledge. An organization that might be so forward-thinking as to have no timeframe, so forward-thinking as to plan centuries ahead. An organization with the primary purpose to direct human thought, through subtle influences, without anyone even being aware of it's existence, in order to ensure the survival of our species. An organization that would create religions and orchestrate popular thought.

But what would such an under-taking really mean? What would it require? Well it would require an enormous initial investment, with no hopes of a return since the organization would have to remain impartial and without outside influence. And so it could not be funded from the outside. It would have to be entirely self-sustaining.

It would require a large facility in a secret location, mostly underground and built to withstand any event or natural disaster. (Just like the organization, architecture of this magnitude has never been attempted.) A building designed to withstand time and to exist without the benefit of being maintained by outsiders. In addition, such a building would have to grow it's own food, supply it's own power, and be large enough to store vast amounts of information. As such it would need a computer system of sorts, though such a computer system would have to be entirely re-designed since computers today need constant upgrade and maintenance. Such a computer would need to be long-lasting, durable and simplistic, with few parts; and only parts which could be easily replaced.

And such an organization would need a group of people committed to the cause, so much so that they would be willing to not only commit their own lives to it, but also the lives of all of their future generations, since the organization cannot take on new recruits for fear of being influenced or exposed. They could send people out into the world but could never accept outsiders.

And those people would be more willing to commit if they believed that their organization was one which has existed since the beginning of time. One which has a history and a legacy. Without that they might be vulnerable to doubt and uncertainty. And so such an organization would have to invent a plausible history, under the guise of another pre-existing, or thought to exist - secret society. It would have to be rich with symbolism and meaning, and have artifacts that could withstand some scrutiny.

And so what might such a secret society look like? What might it be called? What kind of history might it have?

What do you think?

Troll

[edit on 12-9-2005 by Troll]

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 06:45 AM
link   
first you would have to have some secret knowledge that people don't have and you do.

that really is the most important thing you would need. so you will be a little stuck there because probably you do not have any hidden knowledge, so you will have no where to go with the idea.

also another important thing would be to come up with rituals that you would do, that would create some effect on something or someone(this would be what the founder of the illuminati would of had, so he could tempt people into his secret society), nowadays they may use technology to create the desired effect.

without those two things you would have no secret society, and no where to go.

i would guess that if the secret societies that exist today, they would probably have the knowledge you would claim to have, because the basis for there secrets are something that they get from higher forces.

so these are the two things you would first need, without all the infrascructure you described above, so where would you get those things.

[edit on 12-9-2005 by andy1033]

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 09:13 AM
link   
No idea what you're talking about.

Secret knowledge? We can make that up. And secret rituals? We can make that up too.

That's what I'm saying...

And secret societies that exist today? Supernatural power? All that be damned. That is the point afterall. If any secret societies do exist they work in their own interests, or in the interest of acquiring power and influence, for selfishness, not selflessness. This organization would be for the interest of all parties, to preserve us, to save us.

And like the Zionist movement, anything and at any cost, to preserve us, so this organization would take matters into their own hands, in spite of God, should he exist. Risk all, even damnation, for the greater good.

Troll

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 09:22 AM
link   
you would have to show that youre secret knowledge works, like for instance if you had the knowledge to build the pyramids like the one in giza or maybe a hidden type of maths that people could use to there advantage over other people, those are things you just cannot make up.

with the rituals i would assume that it would have to have to be based on esoteric teachings, and hidden meanings, you just cannot just make these up.

you would want intelligent people in your group would you not, they would want something that is hidden from the public view that gives them an advantage of the everyday man. i would guess all this secret society stuff is far more complex than you may think. yep they all would work together for the goal of the secret society but they still have to get something out of it.

ask yourself why would an intelligent person want to join your club and what is he going to gain from it. you cannot just make things up out of the blue, i would guess that secret society stuff is very serious at the higher levels where people have the most knowledge

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 10:07 AM
link   
>What do you think?

Never ask me what I think. I might tell you.

>I would like to start a secret society.

Sounds like fun to me.

>However, people can be swayed and are swayed by the media
>and religious institutions, and cultural identity, etc.

Hmm. So far your secret society isn't sounding like a very nice secret society. Are you planning on swaying people to your school of thought by manipulating them, as do the groups you mentioned?

>There is also too much information.
>For every argument for something there is an equal amount
>of information against. And so no one really knows for sure.

Ok. Are you proposing to eliminate information so people will be less confused? There's certainly a precedent for this. Nazi book burnings come to mind, but just be sure you understand what you're getting yourself into. Ensuring that people only come to hear *your* answers is a very effective means of control, but if you really want to solve the worlds problems, this might not be thes best way.

>Then it dawned on me. We need an organization
>like no other organization every conceived of.

Well, I'm not convinced that more beaureacracy is likely to help, but if you want to form a new secret society, I'd suggest learning from the ones that already exist. Look at any group that has already survived for centuries and ask yourself how they did it. Emulate.

>An organization that might collect information and
>be a storehouse of all human knowledge.

You mean...like a library? Or the internet? It's been done. Also...tough to reconcile this with your idea above about there already being too much information. Slow down. Try to figure out what exactly you'd like to do.

>An organization with the primary purpose to direct human
>thought, through subtle influences,

This is a means, not a purpose. No need to limit yourself.

>in order to ensure the survival of our species.

Well...ok. But, what sources of possible extinction are you worried about? If you're just worried about us killing ourselves in a religiously inspired nuclear war, or something, rather than go to all the effort you're describing, wouldn't it be much simpler to simply encourage our species to start expanding and colonizing our planets, other solar systems? That way...if we blow ourselves up, it's just one planet, and not such a big deal. The species continues.

>An organization that would create religions and
>orchestrate popular thought.

Well, ok. It's been done, and plenty means exist to do this...but is this really the best way to accomplish your stated goals? I would expect the "secret" part of a secret society would become increasingly difficult to maintain the larger its membership became. But, the more members, the easier it will be to be a powerful force, and the easier it will be to survive across generations. But...creating religions and manipulating societies is sort of a dangerous business. Not only do people not like it so much if they discover it, there are probably a great many more established groups already doing it, who won't like competition. So...by doing this you create a lot of problems for yourself, and like I mentioned above, it may not be the best way to accomplish what you're looking for.

>What would it require?

>Well it would require an enormous initial investment

Not at all. Start small. Build membership and collect tithes or dues. A few tens of thousands of religious followers could very easily provide all the funding you need. Look at Waco. Even with only a little over a hundred followers David Koresh was able to support a rather large compound.

>It would require a large facility in a secret location, mostly
>underground and built to withstand any event or natural disaster.

Umm...why? That sounds like a lot of unneccesary effort. Are you planning on holding member meetings here? It might be easier to hide in plain site. Establish an entirely public organization with some totally innocent official function. feeding starving children in Africa or something. That gives you an official front, so you can hold your meetings in plain site and no one will think anything of it. (Plus you can collect funds openly and siphon them as desired.) Then you have a secret "inner circle" who really knows what's going on. Much simpler that way.

>In addition, such a building would have to grow it's own food
>supply it's own power

Again, why? Are you planning on living with your members in isolation from the rest of society?

>and be large enough to store vast amounts of information
>Such a computer would need to be long-lasting, durable
>and simplistic, with few parts; and only parts which could
>be easily replaced.

As in...in the event of a nuclear holocaust sort of EMP effect? Ok. I see where you're going. In that case, I recommend microfiche instead of computers. It's small and will allow suitable size/information ratio...and is extremely low tech. basically all you'll ever need to read it is light and some means of magnification. Even if all circuit based technology is totally destroyed, worst case you could redevelop the means to view your library by simply grinding a few magnifying glasses and working in strong light.

>And such an organization would need a group of people
>committed to the cause, so much so that

I think the standard method here is to promise a utopian existence in the afterlife. Union with God, lots of sex, just depends on what sort of followers you'd like to attract.

>they would be willing to not only commit their own lives to it
>but also the lives of all of their future generations

Properly indoctrinate children from birth, and this problem will be taken care of within single generation.

>since the organization cannot take on new recruits
>for fear of being influenced or exposed.
>but could never accept outsiders.

Again...just stick with the inner and outer circle model I mentioned above. Or more likely...several circles. Newcomers to your organization are admitted to the outermost circle, and are slower indoctrinated into your belief systems. As they progress, they are slowly allowod into the more inner circles, all the while being constantly evaluated by the established body. Say...have nine circles, but only tell newcomers about the first three. At this level, they're only performing the "official" functions of your group. Saving orphans...the rainforest...whatever. All the while you're subtlely indoctrinating them in the belief systems of your group. Only the ones who seriously buy into them get promted to the second and third circles. And then...after a number of years of devotion, you can secretly choose extremely dedicated individuals from the third circle and tell them that there are fourth through sixth circles, and invite them to join, but they have to swear never to divulge that information. And, of course, you thouroughly train and indoctrinate everyone in the organization so that if anyone ever goes public and starts posting threads here on ATS about your group, members of the first through third circles will believe completely that there are only three circles, and that the organization is good because it saves starving children, orphans and the rainforest, and they will naturally defend the group. Members of the higher circles will know the truth, of course, but they can similarly provide propaganda as needed.

>those people would be more willing to commit if they
>believed that their organization was one which has
>existed since the beginning of time.

Not neccesarily. Look at the Mormon church. They've only been around for 150 years or so, but they are one of the largest, wealthiest religious organizations in the world.

>It would have to be rich with symbolism and meaning,
>and have artifacts that could withstand some scrutiny.

...oh. I'm sorry. I misunderstood the purpose of your post.

[edit on 12-9-2005 by LordBucket]

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I have often thought of this very similar thing, more like a secret society of groups around the globe that could survive a disaster. If a major event was to happen, these groups would get together and go out in the middle of no where and live like the old amish did. The idea behind this would be to NOT be under control of the gov't or police state, to escape their control. The secrets would simply be where they're at.

If there was something like this, I'd join, but I think its just a pipe dream.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Troll, godservant,

Take Heart! - Such a Society DOES exist!

But if you are so inclined take up your courage and forge your own - we need all the allies we can get to turn this tide and break the chains of our current masters.

(They have grown arrogant and their complacency shall be their greatest weakness)

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Will you have uniforms?
A handshake?
A sign?
Pamphlets?
Training videos?
Barbeques?
Blood drives?
Hats?
Robes?
Soccer league?
Poetry reading?
Treehouses?
Codes?
Pinewood derbies?
Free calendars?
and also ancient artifacts?

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I don't know for certain, but for all intents and purposes, ATS/BTS is already the propaganda arm and tool for one of the most open secret societies ever........THE MODS.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
I don't know for certain, but for all intents and purposes, ATS/BTS is already the propaganda arm and tool for one of the most open secret societies ever........THE MODS.

REEK! REEK! REEK! REEK! REEK! REEK! REEK!

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant

OMG Yes! THE MODS! That goes without saying.

Do you know of their various hats and on what day they have their cookouts and basement seances?

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   
What would it be called?

How about: Islam?
If that is already taken, call it Islam+ or Islam++.
People seems to like things with super, ultra, heavy duty in the title as well. Experiment with it.

Of course with Islam+ you get 96 virgins once you have blown yourself up protecting the rights of your brotherhood.
With Islam++ you get 144 virgins.
Compare that to plain Islams where you only get an allotted 72.

People also like familiar titles. I would suggest, yourself, being in the highest place ought have a title like the Grand Omar Sharif Troll.

For symbols avoid bears, hammers, sickles, and things denoting Russia or China......oh, avoid chickens as well. Eagles are popular, but since this is a secret society you might consider something of a mystery animal. Perhaps a dragon?

Secret handsakes and rituals can be as simple or as complicated as you wish. However, the more complicated they are, the harder they are to conscript to memory. The mormons wear mormon (holy?) underwear. Possibly you could do something similar?

Gangs often rely on color to denote their allegiance. Take this into account as well. I would think royal colors would be best.

Who says a secret society can't have purple dragon printed underwear?

Anyway, just some thoughts to get you going. I'll have to check in again and see what this leads too. I might want to join.

[edit on 12-9-2005 by garyo1954]

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Didnt David Koresh try this idea?

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by garyo1954

For symbols avoid bears, hammers, sickles, and things denoting Russia or China......oh, avoid chickens as well. Eagles are popular, but since this is a secret society you might consider something of a mystery animal. Perhaps a dragon?
[edit on 12-9-2005 by garyo1954]

Double-headed dragon already taken by well-known secret society.

A SERIOUS PIECE OF ADVICE:

Get a good information and media developer for propaganda when your worldwide membership starts to decline. It's hard to find special members so try to get a few million straight off the bat.

If you can get some members on the Oprah show, that supposedly helps get ultra-intelligencia types as well.

[edit on 12-9-2005 by 2nd Hand Thoughts]

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamian
Didnt David Koresh try this idea?

Yes, and to be honest it would be allot easier to start a religion then to start a secret society. Once the religion was underway you could then tranform it into a secret society.

Look, if a hack writer like L. Ron Hubbard can start a cult then anyone should be able to. The religion/cult is then filled in with secret knowledge and booty dances that please the gods, bringing money and more money to your secret society.

Start with a religion to get the recruits. Pick among the recruits the best and brightest to create your secret society. Use the rest as a cash cow to serve your private interests.

Its that simple.

Wupy

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Troll,

Bad on me. I've never been able to slip in anything. (Gee, 2nd Hand you ruined my vision there.)

But hey! The plan is coming together here. Hope you are keeping notes.

I like the idea of a media firm or public relations thing as well. We might get some used literature from the Jehovah's Witnesses and some tamborines from the Krishnas. Would advise against orange though. I would clash with the purple.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Please lets not be accused of limited sight here. I believe the society you
speak of incircles the whole of the administration of this board. From super mods through council members with RATS ( might these actually be ROUS'S?)
their meeting place. It is evident that they have a different standard than the
rest of us.

OMG Yes! THE MODS! That goes without saying.
Do you know of their various hats and on what day they have their cookouts and basement seances?

I think the aforementioned head wear might take a form something like this,

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Cute stalkingwolf.....

But not really quite on topic are we?

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Cute stalkingwolf.....
But not really quite on topic are we?

I guess the answer to that would be in the point of view wouldn't it?

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 11:09 PM
link   
The point of view that I'm growing extremely weary of this crap. My point of view might be the one to consider.

Take good care.......

top topics

<<   2 >>

join