It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone ever really been posessed???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I don't mean back in the time of Jesus..
I mean in modern times.
I searched throgh ATS and hven't found anything really debating this.
This is more of a joke than possession:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
I'm talking about complete demonic take over of your body and loss of self within you self...

Also, can angels (the good one's) possess people?
I don't believe so, do you?
- Tassadar

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Without overly going into detail of personal experience, I certainly believe it is possible to mentally/spiritually/emotionally possess another, in whole or in part.

That is not the exclusive domain of demons or guardian angels. I can't comment much on those, except I think many manifestations of these things are inner demons.

But it is possible for the spiritual energy of a person (for example, one who is dying) to enter the shell of another who is receptive, in order to communicate or to fulfil a wish.

Shrinks would immediately label this as a psychotic view. Spiritual or religious advisers would be more accepting of its potential. But in times gone by, many classifiable mental disorders were viewed as demonic possessions.

Mind control through any technique (hypnosis, or otherwise) is another valid example in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I was almost possessed by playing the Ouija Board. I was playing with my roommate on Halloween and we called this "spirit," a he who wouldn't tell us its name. it seemed to like me and told me so saying HE was my bestfriend when I asked who my best friend was.

Then, I heard these gutteral mummurs, real deep and low. I looked around the room and couldn't find the source. Then, I realized that it was coming from my own mouth. I asked it (the board) if it were trying to speak and it said yes.

Then, that's when the fight started to get it out of me. It happened again but now I knew the source. Finally got it out by forcing it to say goodbye on the board (after repeated and forceful"noes") and I was completele exhausted.

it will never happen again.

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 10:09 AM
link   
WOW!!!!!!

Yeah, I'd sty away from the Ouji Board if was you.
That stuff works, bu for the wrong reasons.
They're just demons screwing around with nothing better to do until they get bansished to hell...
Thanks Col., MA.
- Tassadar

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I forgot to tell you. I gave it to a friend who was totally emersed in the board and developed a "special friend." He stopped doing the old stuff with the crew like we used to like watching sports, drinking, watching WWF wrestling, etc.

Anyway, after about 2 weeks of playing this board with his special friend, he ends up getting dead...right before college graduation---so no, I don't mess with it.

[Edited on 6-9-2003 by Colonel]

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I just did a new thread on this in the paranormal only to find that it didn't go through when I hit sent.

(I hate that)
Anyway, I don't feel like typing it all out again - but yes, you can change. And that board is addicting I might add.

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I forgot to add that we couldn't call him either. We had to physically see him to talk to him. See, everytime he weas playing the phone would be busy or the call wouldn't go through--even though no one was using the phone and he had call waiting, call forwarding, call everything.

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Colonel,

Thanks for sharing these experiences. My bad experience with the board was when I was about 13, 14 years old. And I am not sure that it didn't lead to some bad juju in my life for a while.

I stay WAY away from them, and make sure my kids are too.

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I don't understand why people don't realize that its not a toy. Before that experience, I played alone after a party. Everyone was asleep and I was up and this girl had it. So, I played it, being the tuff guy.

That time, it started moving in a figure 8 like in The Exorcist. It was kinda soothing I asked it its name which was unprounceable. Then, it moved back to the figure 8 again. Then, I aske dit if this board was evil and it said yes.

I broke my hands free and it was weird afterwards. Nothing happened but errily quiet. So quiet that I could hear the beer drp from the tapped keg. Just a drip, drip, drip. I really felt something was there---not a figure but an overwhelming presence in the house. I immediately left and felt much better.

Then there was the Halloween epxerience I related above in the prior post.

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Actually there is was a recent discussion of this under the topic of Exorcism...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yes, firmly believe it is possible but the subject can and is more complex than what is often presented (in my opinion).

Though MA has touched upon very relevant issues.

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I have never witnessed any one being possessed (although I had to help out when a couple of my close friends had their cars repossessed). But here is one story related to me by a associate in a Bible study class who was a Christian psychologist. He related that once he had a patient who had the typical symptons of possession (speaking in tongues, violent behavior, etc.). Well this guy said that the patient was so violent that he had to be restrained. Every night he was tied to his bed with arm and leg straps. Every morning there was a pile of excrement in the corner of his room and he was in bed with the restraints in place exactly as they were placed on him. No one could figure out how he did it. I also once meant a man who claimed to be "channeling". He said that when he was doing this he could type up to 120 words a minute when normally he could type maybe 20. He should us some of the stuff he wrote and it was pretty strange (spirit world, reincarnation, etc.).

I am reminded about a statement was made by a man named Tal Brooke. He was an adept studying with Sai Baba before he became a Christian. Well Tal has done a lot of work concerning the New Age. He once made the statement that he determined that 90% of the mediums and channelers are frauds; however, there is that 10% who were in contact with some diabolical entities.

It is my theory that any spiritual force that will spend much time in contact with a human being should be automatically considered a demon. The angels of God contact human beings only when they are on a specific mission for God. Otherwise they are not supposed to be in contact with humans. Hence any spiritual force who will "stand around" and "chit chat" with a human being must then be a demon.

posted on Sep, 8 2003 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Possessed? Yeah it's called '___'.

Seriously though it's not mentioned as much now because of science. Before science what was probably a bad drug experience was seen as possession. Now with science we can dispell most of the hocus pocus.

posted on Sep, 9 2003 @ 09:35 AM
link   
It's possible when you're under a long duration of physical & mental weakness. This is the best time for something evil from the non-physical realm to take advantage of you in your moment of weakness. Extricating it later can be a tricky matter. Their strength is secure as long as you stay weak. So anything you try to do to make things better, it will fight to oppose it.

That's why it is extremely important to be vigilant in not allowing these circumstances to arise in the 1st place.

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I once had a rabbit named Thumper, who was possessed. He started charging across his cage and biting me every time I tried to feed him. Then, soon after, he just died. He was such a good rabbit before that.
Of course, I can't really say for sure if he was possessed, since his head never spun around, and rabbits don't talk. But I'm convinced that something took hold of Thumper, and wouldn't let go. Do you think a rabbit would spit green pea soup if he was possessed? That never happened either, so it's still sort of a mystery to me.

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Satyr

I think your rabbit was just ill, in a different way to this one:

If you believe that a spiritual entity can possess any part of another entity, then there is no reason to expect this to be restricted to the posession of homo sapiens species specimens.

In fact, if you are a total believer in reincarnation, then every newborn bunny will be possessed by a previous soul of some kind.

Personally, I can't think of the motives that a spirit of any kind would have to possess an already living rabbit, except if they wanted an experience of rapid fire breeding orgies or something. But I doubt I would be into that.

The topic is very broad. They say possession is nine-tenths of the law.

[Edited on 10-9-2003 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I am possessed daily.

I think the god of alcohol has possessed me.

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
I forgot to tell you. I gave it to a friend who was totally emersed in the board and developed a "special friend." He stopped doing the old stuff with the crew like we used to like watching sports, drinking, watching WWF wrestling, etc.

Anyway, after about 2 weeks of playing this board with his special friend, he ends up getting dead...right before college graduation---so no, I don't mess with it.

I had this one "friend" who was into wicca and she had supposedly demons in her. Well this one other friend of mine was trying to drive them out and I was feeling that there was something else going on here when she turned to me and said in a gutteral voice "Why don't you TELL him whats really going on..." What I knew was that he was only performing the so called "excorcism" for his own vain glory.
I had to fight with all my might to keep the demon from entering me.
She had this horrible look on her face and her eyes were well, just plain EVIL.
I was touching her back at one point and she said "NOOOO it burns..." I dont know if she was just making the whole thing up but it seemed hella raal to me at the time.

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Satyr

I think your rabbit was just ill, in a different way to this one:

Yes! That's just how he looked! Except not so happy. He turned kind of angry, after he became possessed.

[Edited on 10-9-2003 by Satyr]

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Last September I went camping alone in the North of California and I had an unusual experience. I felt it was a case of posession. The story is as follows:

Late one cold night I was drinking some wine and relaxing by a camp fire. The next moment I wake up feeling very angry, as if ready for a fight, and shirtless by my car standing with my hand on the door handle near jumping in, not realizing how I arrived there nor where I was going. Confussed, I walked back towards the fire pit and lo and behold my shirt and brand new black jacket are in the fire covering the flames. Immediately I pulled them out of the fire because they hadn't yet begun to burn, though my jacket was melted and hot.

I was far from drunk at the time. I had no recollection of removing my jacket, setting in on the chair, then removing my white shirt, throwing it on the fire, then throwing my jacket over the entire fire, ( almost neatly I might add ) in order to fully blot out its light.

Later I felt that something had fully taken over my body, hijacked it, in order to cause me serious physical harm. Thats why I believe I was jumping into the car.

I've had quite a few experiences of this nature. And many high encounters as well.

Thanks for asking the question. Has any one else had an encounter such as this?
It was definitely not a joke.

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 11:36 PM
link   
this is some crazy shizzel

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join