It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

These PODcasts rock!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I'm not sure if this forum is suitable for feedback, but I felt the need to chime in here. While I'll probably never make a PODcast myself, I feel those few that have made them have really added to the forum.

Hell, the realism that SkepticOverlord isnt a uptight stiff that I always assumed he was is enough to win me over.
I really enjoy his Overview podcasts... he seems like a real laid back guy and has made me chuckle some.. Ya.. I know.. the SkepticMeanieLord made me chuckle.
Keep em' coming SO!

Anyhow, I was hesitant of this forum for quite some time because I didn't think it'd kick off.. but I spent a good deal of time here today listening to the various casts and I really enjoyed myself. I hope the casts keep flowing in cuz this is probably going to be one of my hot spots now.. especially with SO's Overviews.. he points out all the hot-topics that I may have missed during the week...

Anyhow, just wanted to say keep up the good work and thanks to the staff/owners for making this all possible.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Count Feedback

Originally posted by QuietSoul
I'm not sure if this forum is suitable for feedback, but I felt the need to chime in here.

I think this is precisely the right forum for that, so hey.

And yeah, this is a definite "me too" post.

I LOVE PODCASTS!

I've babbled on about this at length all over the place, but I really, really believe that podcasts add so much depth to ATS that it's revolutionary.

Being able to put voices to the words people post in the forums adds an entirely new dimension to our community, and I think podcasts illustrate well how much more the human voice conveys than just words.

Hearing someone's tone of voice, inflection, emphases and overall demeanor helps listeners get a feel for where a member is coming from that plain text alone simply cannot convey.

Obviously, hams like me thrive on the opportunity to jabber into a microphone for hours on end, but aside from that (and hey, maybe some people like that), this really is a way for members to get to know each other better.

And I sincerely believe that the more we get to know one another, the more we will appreciate and respect just how cool our fellow members really are.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 03:07 AM
link   
apart from being the collest thing since sliced bread to hit this website because now you can reply to replies with podcasts , and so saving me typing.........

the one thing I've found after hearing other podcasts is now whenever I read a post by the person who's made a podcast eg a post by So ,magic,Zedd,springer etc etc I " hear" their voice in my mind as if they're actually reading the post!

That's either a completely new cool tangent that wasnt anticipated .......... or I'm just really freaky like that.

not sure which........

[edit on 12-9-2005 by mulberryblueshimmer]

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 03:54 AM
link   
These PODcasts are excellent!!!!

This truly is a revolutionary part of ATS and I really hope it grows also ATS TV sounds great too! maybe ATS can get its own news service.

Many thanks goes out to everybody who has made this happen I'm sure it will be a massive hit. Oh and thanks to SO for pointing out the track "Reach".
Great track!!

Keep 'em comin'

~Peace
~

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Thanks for the comments.

Getting this into gear has been a rather tough drill on the tech side, certainly one of the hardest things attempted on ATS... not so much from the technology of allowing uploads and aggregating them into an RSS feed, but from the aspect of how to make these part of the community.

And I'm blown away at how quickly members jumped in... and especially jumped in with quality content.

Two weeks after turning on the feature, I never expected more than 20 podcasts... because I figured we could change and add things as the service evolved. But, in those two weeks we have 104 podcast submissions from members! Amazing... but it does make it a bit harder to improve things with so many submissions :p

I'm particularly jazzed about PODthreads. There's a lot of serious efforts to create services that enable easy podcast publishing (Sirius Radio's POD Show for example), but they all cost cash and none of them have anything liek PODthreads... collaborative discussions via podcast. If we ever can get the PTS PODcast debates kicked off, you'll begin to see the true potential of podcast threads.

Also... the best way to really experience these is to subscribe to the RSS feed in a reader or iTunes. It's just too cool to turn on your iPod (or other less cool mp3 player) and notice a new ATS podcast already downloaded and waiting for you. (Or just sitting on your hard drive if you don't have a portable player).

New features coming soon:

Lists of PODcasts sorted by podcasters on the PODcast page.

Members will be able to define custom "cover art" and feed descriptions for their personal member-specific feed. This way, if you register your feed with iTunes, you'll have your own unique description and cover art.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I enjoy listening to all the podcasts in bed on my ipod 60GB photo !!!
It is nice to put a voice behind some of the famous posters here on ATS !! I love it !!!

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   
SO, you've done a great job with it all, I was thinking maybe you could get the podcast threads to look like real threads, so you click on the thread and its all layed out, this way you could even have a way of seeing whos replying to whos podcast in the thread (kinda like quoting) really easily.
mulberryblueshimmer, I want your thoughts on australia loosing the ashes please, whats the reaction down there and all that
I can tell you people in England are very proud.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Well, I don't have an ipod so I figured I was out of luck, then I read the directions and...

PODCASTS ROCK!!!!!

I gotta learn how to make me one of those! I saw some directions for it the other day but didn't bother to mark the thread, now I have to go hunt it down.

This is the coolest thing i've seen on this site so far, and thats saying something!

Love and light,

Wupy

Edited to say: I found Nygdens instructions for setting up a Mac to make podcasts, does anyone know of an instruction site for Windows XP? I'm new to this whole idea and plan on learning fast, but that doesn't mean i'm above asking for a little help. OK, allot of help

Any hints or tips or the loaning of a book called, "The idiots guide to podcasting." would be greatly appreciated.

Love and light,

Wupy

[edit on 12-9-2005 by mrwupy]

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by picard_is_actually_a_grey
SO, you've done a great job with it all, I was thinking maybe you could get the podcast threads to look like real threads, so you click on the thread and its all layed out, this way you could even have a way of seeing whos replying to whos podcast in the thread (kinda like quoting) really easily.
mulberryblueshimmer, I want your thoughts on australia loosing the ashes please, whats the reaction down there and all that
I can tell you people in England are very proud.

oh I'm planning a BIG podcast on that , dont you worry mate!

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Oh yeah. PODCASTS ROCK!!!

FYI - You can listen at the same time you read the forums - just open a second window. ...The best thing about podcasts, IMO - an ATS double latte.

I am having great fun creating podcasts, and listening to my own voice. hehe. So look out. As soon as I get a new mike (and a stand too?!) and deal with my system limitations, I'll be off and running.

top topics

join