It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jefferson Parish Sheriff Threatens FEMA with Arrest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 11:50 PM
link   
When I saw this, I just about fell out of my chair.....

Now, this is very interesting!

Jefferson Parish Sheriff Harry Lee commandeers Sam's Wal-Mart stores

Sunday, 10:30 a.m.

Jefferson Parish Sheriff Harry Lee said he has "commandered" the Sam's and Wal-Mart stores in the parish and ordered them to open as soon as possible.

Lee said he took the action after he learned that a Wal-Mart store wanted to open recently but was told by FEMA officials that it could not.

"I am upset with FEMA and some of their regulations," Lee said.

Lee said anyone from FEMA who tries to close either store will be arrested by deputies.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 11:54 PM
link   
THis guy is BOLD. Hmmmmm wonder where he was when all the raping, rioting, and looting was going on?????

The article is incomplete and does not say if there was a conclution or if he ever got an offical reason.

[edit on 9/11/05 by FredT]

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
The article is incomplete and does not say if there was a conclution or if he ever got an offical reason.

Well, it is Sunday. I just assumed that FEMA and the others took the day off....

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 12:10 AM
link   
That's a cool breeze of sanity in the midst of chaos. The FEMA bunch I'm sure mean well but they've done more to stress people than anything else seems like. Too much going by the book, afraid to break regulations. Applause for that man with grit. A

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
THis guy is BOLD. Hmmmmm wonder where he was when all the raping, rioting, and looting was going on?????

[edit on 9/11/05 by FredT]

What are you talking about???

Where that happened was Orleans Parish not Jefferson.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Exactly what I was going to say ThichHeaded. I visited Jefferson Parish last Thursday, and I only saw about 2 stores that had actually been broken into. There was no mass looting there like in Orleans.

top topics

join