It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are anyones eyes burning in the North East?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   
This is no joke. I'm in Cape Cod, Ma., and lots of peoples eyes here feel like they are burning. I have red all around the bottom eyelids and so do other members of my family and some neighbors.

I dont know if this is in the right place, sorry if its not.

[edit on 11-9-2005 by dgtempe]

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
This is no joke. I'm in Cape Cod, Ma., and lots of peoples eyes here feel like they are burning. I have red all around the bottom eyelids and so do other members of my family and some neighbors.

I dont know if this is in the right place, sorry if its not.

[edit on 11-9-2005 by dgtempe]

Google Pinkeye and look and see if your symptoms match. Its pretty darned contageous. If not, is there a chemical plant nearby or fire. See which way the winds are blowing and trace back.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Im in south NY, and my eyes seem fine. Are you feeling anything else ? dizy, sick, fever ? Could be a bad air filter in your home ac or something ?

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Thanks Fred, I will. This is just ridiculous. We thought it was allergies at first but we all look like we have racoon eyes, only red.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 11:07 PM
link   
post some picks of your eyes, it wil help with the diagnosis.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 11:07 PM
link   
We're doing just fine here in the Berkshires Dgtempe, so it's not statewide.

Hope it's nothing serious...

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Go see a doctor dgtempe.. If you haven't already.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Well I had some bad gas that has been known to make eyes water at times but I am 3000 miles away so that can't be it.

Seriously, pink eye hurts and is HIGHLY contagious. I doubt that is it though if many just came down with it. It could very well be a fall allergy or something.
If it doesn't get better go see a doc.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 11:10 PM
link   
No burning eyes here in Manhattan...

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Nope. This is pinkeye- ours is just like i said, a pink ring around th bottom lid...
Ok if everyone else is alright then i'm going to the doctors tomorrow. I hope its not this house we live in!!!!

Thank you all.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Take care of that gas, ED

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Didn't some Katrina refugees just arrive at an Air National Guard base in Cape Cod, perhaps several hundred refugees at several locations? I can't remember exactly.

Do you live on a military base DG? Have you had any contact with the refugees? Just a thought, probably unrelated.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Take care of that gas, ED

Glad you took that as a joke, it was meant to make you laugh.

Seriously I am glad you are going to a doctor, eyes are nothing to play around with. I sure hope its nothing serious..

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 06:34 AM
link   
No, i dont live on base, i live in Cotuit near Hyannis. I'll give you the verdict later i'm going to see the dr.
Thanks for all your help. It pays to check.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I think I may have a possible answer for you. Check out the link below and tell me if you think this might be a possible cause.

www.cnn.com...

Whadya think? Possible?

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   
No Wyrdeone, but thank you for the link..I did go to the doctors and she shrugged it off as possibly the carpeting where we moved to be the problem. I have spoken to others and many peoples eyes are bothering them here on Cape Cod, and in different towns. I dont know, i wish there was an answer.

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 09:40 AM
link   
dgtempe, though I'm not a doctor, I have had some pretty weird allergies in my lifetime. In highschool I would go to the nurse at noon because for no apparent reason, my entire chest and stomach were covered in either one red splotch or many large red splotches. She asked me if there were any changes in diet so I listed the things I ate, then varied it taking one thing out each day and replacing it with somethign else. Turns out (no joke) it was Carnation Instant Breakfast having a reaction 4 hours later:

INGREDIENTS: NONFAT MILK, SUGAR, MALTODEXTRIN, COCOA PROCESSED, WITH ALKALI, LACTOSE, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, CARRAGEENAN, SODIUM ALUMINOSILICATE, SOYLECITHIN.

I'm not allergic to Nonfat milk, sugar, lactose but something else caused it.

The reason why I mention it is a lot of allergies seem to be dermal, causing reaction in the skin. It may be worthwhile to check similarities in diet, water and perhaps check out an EPA air report. My state is #1 for cancer, course we also house Du Pont, Astra Zeneca, FMC Pharmaceuticals, etc. and we wonder why
. Ironically enough, they're all working on a cure for cancer.

Originally posted by edsinger
Well I had some bad gas that has been known to make eyes water at times but I am 3000 miles away so that can't be it.

Change in diet can help, but usually 14 times a day is normal for passing gas. Leading contributors are eggs, beans, meats, high doses of sugar, carbonated beverages, exercise, spicy foods, and sudden changes in diet. In other words, just call an audible and you'll be fine like they did when starting those WWI planes, "Clear!" to give fair warning to couch-passengers. Start a rating game with depth and length ("that thar was about an 8 buddy, you can do better than that") or blame it on ducks, barking spiders, leather/old furniture, pets or the kids. Don't have any of those things? Go get an old leather couch and kids, then buy the kids some ducks and spiders as pets. Ahhh safe.

Originally posted by edsinger
If it doesn't get better go see a doc.

Best advice on the board I think.

[edit on 15-9-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   
dgtempe> they dont burn too much, but everyone, scratch that every woman I know here in Missouri is having a bad problem with dry eyes. I know that sounds weird, but it is BAD. Your tears dry up to crustys and scratch your eyes, we wake up in the middle of the night and can barely open our eyes because they are so dry. We are all walking around with bottles of visine. Some days are worse than others. I dont know if it has to do with anything you are talking about but figured I would mention it.

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I had pink eye last week -- sounds just like what you are describing -- not like that picture -- guess I caught it before it got to that ugly stage - although it was pretty ugly. Are you waking up with any crusties and having a hard time opening your eye in the morning because of it?

I'm on the eastern end of Long Island so not too far from you --

is it any better yet?

top topics

join