It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Flying Bearers of Disease" Speech

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 08:23 PM
link   
CNN internet feed of "Pesticides for New Orleans"
ADM. CRAIG VANDERWAGEN - DIRETOR, US HEALTH SERVICES

..."I am also here today to announce that we will begin spraying for mosquitoes and flies and I believe that we will step that off tomorrow evening in the greater New Orleans area. I think initially targeting Orleans Parish is what I understand. We are doing this at the request and with the support of the Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals. They’ve worked to develop a management plan to try to address the fact that with all this standing water, we are going to have problems with flying bearers of disease. The aerial applications age going to be applied by elements of the Air National Guard. I believe from Ohio who have brought their equipment here. The pesticide that we will be using is on e that is routinely used here in southern Louisiana. It is called Naled. It is approved by the EPA. It will be applied according to the standing application rates prescribed for this agent and we feel very comfortable that the risk to humans whether they are inside or out is very minimal given all the studies that have been done on this particular agent, we think the most concerning thing would be irritation of eyes and so on from the mist. We will continue to monitor mosquitoes and flies in the region uh as everyone knows uh these aerial insects carry disease, West Nile and other diseases and we think that their control and abatement is a critical public health function that needs to be addressed and we will be aggressive in dealing with that tomorrow."

Additional info:

Naled is marketed as Diabrome
C130’s with insect spraying equipment

Mosquites and flies carry diseases that kill the weak. Pesticides weaken everybody. How does Naled sit with the butterflies?

Sri Oracle

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Hi Sri Oracle,

Could you please provide a link to this speech.

Thanks,

Sanc'.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Link requested:

_javascript:cnnVideo('play','/video/us/2005/09/11/sot.vanderwagen.affl');

erg... thats not going to help is it *defeated*

Um..

go to CNN main page... click on link that says WATCH: Update on health threats in New Orleans

Odd nothing about spraying pesticides in that title

If someone here could help with a link from here to the feed... please step in.

Here is some info I've turned up on this developing story:

Naled is highly to moderately toxic to fish

Naled is highly to moderately toxic to birds

Chronic toxicity: Chronic exposure to organophosphates may also cause the neurological and neuromuscular effects associated with cholinesterase inhibition

Products containing naled must bear the Signal Word DANGER - POISION because it is corrosive to the eyes.

Naled may cause dermatitis (skin rashes) and skin sensitization

taken from extoxnet: extoxnet.orst.edu...

...in support of the stuff, it does break down quickly and doesn't bond to soil!

One day we will run to the devil and the devil won't be waiting

Sri Oracle

[edit on 11-9-2005 by Sri Oracle]

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Thanks, Sri Oracle.

Sanc'.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sri Oracle
go to CNN main page... click on link that says WATCH: Update on health threats in New Orleans

cnn

Sanc'.

new topics

top topics

join