It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Majic: September 11, 2005

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 08:17 PM
link   

PODcast: Majic: September 11, 2005
Majic shares some of his thoughts on the fourth anniversary of the September 11 attacks.

length: 06:01
file: atspodcast_140.mp3
size: 2124k
feed: ats

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 08:35 PM
link   
The World Of Majic: September 11, 2005

(JEJ: It's Majic time)

(The World Of Majic® theme intro)

Welcome to The World Of Majic®. I'm your host, Majic. That's M-A-J-I-C, coming to you via the AboveTopSecret.com Member PODcast network.

Four years ago today, terrorists piloted commercial jetliners into each tower of the World Trade Center, destroying them utterly in a terrible collapse. In Washington, D.C. another jetliner crashed into the Pentagon, while a fourth jetliner -- presumably destined for either the White House or Congress, crashed in a field in Pennsylvania.

All of these jetliners were carrying passengers, and all of them died. Additionally, nearly three thousand people were killed when the World Trade Center collapsed, and 125 in the Pentagon.

It was a day that shocked America to its foundations, and it was a day that forever changed our nation, and the world.

I tried not to let it get to me this time, like it has on each anniversary since the day it happened, and as with each previous anniversary, I failed.

I wept bitterly today, and now I know beyond doubt that this is a wound that will never heal. There are other anniversaries which bring me sorrow, such as Veteran's Day, which I commemorate with my own little rituals that have evolved over the years. I suppose that will happen with 9-11 now, as well.

It grieves me that September 11 must necessarily be added to the list. What are called “The Events” by some people -- notably media personalities -- are indelibly engraved on the psyche of my country, like a tattoo that we must carry on our souls.

I remember feeling tremendous anger, and assuring myself that those responsible would pay for their heinous crimes. But the ones who actually carried out the attack are dead, and beyond reach of mortal justice. I know in my heart, however, that they are not beyond true justice.

Over the years, my rage has been replaced by sorrow. Deep, profound sorrow for what happened, but also how it happened.

I'm beyond blaming anyone now. Finger-pointing has proven useless, as it always does, and while steps have been taken and wars have been fought, we can never rest assured that we will not see another day like that.

In fact, we must accept that it is inevitable that worse will come our way, despite the tireless and heroic efforts of hundreds of thousands of my fellow citizens who work day and night to prevent the next terrorist attack. Sooner or later, another major attack will succeed, and when it does, what comes after that is impossible to predict.

Perhaps the most surprising thing that has changed in the last four years is that I don't hate anymore. I used to be full of hatred, but now it's gone, leaving only sadness behind.

No, I don't even hate Osama bin Laden. I feel regret. He has a degree in civil engineering. He could have devoted his life to building, not destroying, but he has chosen a path of darkness and death.

His top lieutenant, Dr. Ayman al-Zawahiri, is a man sworn to first do no harm. Now he plots the murder of innocent civilians as a means to effect political change.

Where Al Qaeda once caused me to feel fear and anger, now I feel only a kind of sad irony. The leaders of Al Qaeda could have been great men, and indeed, many people consider them great. But in the grand scheme of things, these men are small, and their goals ultimately doomed to failure.

They will have their time, such as remains to them, but their time will soon end, and as with others before them who have dreamed of “thousand year reigns”, their ambitions will gain them only the infamy and contempt of those who even bother to remember them at all.

And maybe that's why I feel so much sorrow. Yes, the deaths and injuries which have resulted from all this are horrible and have left many scars, but what I can't shake today is the feeling that for all the grand designs of Al Qaeda and their allies in terrorism, their efforts are nothing more than a spectacular failure, and a waste of the world's time.

Just as Saddam Hussein seemed formidable after invading Kuwait and threatening the oil fields of Saudi Arabia -- a move which would have made him a world leader -- so too Osama bin Laden is having his time of glory. But as with Saddam, Osama's fall will come, and I am hoping that when it happens, he will be captured alive.

Then, at trial, the world will be able to hear his words, his own attempts to defend his deeds, and he will be found lacking, as all who pursue the goals of evil do.

Naturally, there are those among my fellow ATSers who may think I'm a dupe to believe Al Qaeda was responsible for 9-11 instead of Bush, Jews, Neocons, Bilderbergers or the Illuminati.

But sometimes, it's just not that complicated.

For more information on September 11 and related conspiracy theories, be sure to visit the 9/11 & 7/7 Conspiracies forum on AboveTopSecret.com.

This has been another edition of The World Of Majic® brought to you by the AboveTopSecret.com Member PODcast network.

Until next time, remember this:

The solution to evil is not more evil, but love, compassion and honesty.

Be well, friends.

( The World Of Majic® theme outro)

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   
What if?

Is that something you find yourself asking?

What if a whole plane full of passengers weren't so damned afraid of a few people holding box cutters?

Couldn't this have been prevented by teaching people to have some balls, and not expect the government to take care of them? And has that, or the opposite, been the lesson learnt?

Are we to believe that because airplane passengers on previous hijacked flights had been 'returned safely' that the airplane passengers on 9/11 were just waiting for the terrorists to make demands?

The Towers were nothing more than a gigantic phallic symbol of America's supposed potency, hence the lofty (and inaccurate) title "World Trade Center". Guess Rockefeller I & II just wouldn't have had the same ring to it...

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Well done, Majic. I've often wondered if others felt as I do, that their lives are divided into 'before 9/11' and 'since 9/11'. Even though I didn't know anyone who died, it had a huge impact in my life. The sorrow I felt dragged me down for some time. The hopelessness...

I really enjoy getting to know the members through these PodCasts. Majic, you seem like a really nice guy, you know, one of the really kind, gentle men out there. One of the 'gems'.

I look forward to a time when I can make a PodCast of my own, but I'm just not that computer literate.
Once I learn, though (perhaps this weekend), y'all will get tired of hearing me...

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I know this isnt a thread for research or making sure but more to do with the ego etc, but could i please follow on from something akilles said?.

As, The part where he mentioned potency ties in well with a quote i saved off a message board a year or more ago, i will add the quote below i dont have any link or source.

"I have found that the system is intentionally used on a surprisingly large scale in virtually all forms of mass media, especially big budget mass media. I also know that this symbol system is the key to understanding arranged-for world events which make the news; events are symbolically arranged. For example, the World Trade Center disaster, and the creation of the World Trade Center site, was derived from symbolism contained in the tarot trump entitled The Moon which is "an entry point card." The erection and ultimate destruction of the towers was sexually alchemical by design (The Tower)."

Granted, more for the serious researcher, but i added as it ties in well with what akilles touched upon.

top topics

join