It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intelligent Design: WHY Hurricane Katrina MUST be An Act of God?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 02:43 AM
link   
please refer to the book of skep chapter 9 verse 24
"and thhou will not read lengthy excerpts that make no sense whatsoever in this context"
also refer to weak minded 14 verse 20 " and the weak minded will follow their leader who himself has been created out of hell mud and they will cheer and feast on breakfast cereal and call him W as W is the sign of the unholy beast "

and last but not least the holy book of lasagna which clearly states in chapter 8 verse 7 " for the decreasing number of pirates will bring fearsome storms upon you and the vice ridden city of "nu Ohr leens" and so it will be , and that will be the wrath of hisholy noodleness as all is created by him and taken away "

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liberal1984
Well today I just ask: If God is constantly inferring with evolution why isn’t he interfering with something like the whether?
If you believe in “intelligent design” then by definition you must accept that Hurricane Katrina was ether allowed to happen by a God who intervenes in life, or caused by a God who intervenes in life.

Yes I agree God, allows hurricanes, tornados etc. Yes there are reasons.

Read Job chapter 37, and pay paticular attention to verse 13

37:1
At this also my heart trembleth, and is moved out of his place.

37:2
Hear attentively the noise of his voice, and the sound that goeth out of his mouth.

37:3
He directeth it under the whole heaven, and his lightning unto the ends of the earth.

37:4
After it a voice roareth: he thundereth with the voice of his excellency; and he will not stay them when his voice is heard.

37:5
God thundereth marvellously with his voice; great things doeth he, which we cannot comprehend.

37:6
For he saith to the snow, Be thou on the earth; likewise to the small rain, and to the great rain of his strength.

37:7
He sealeth up the hand of every man; that all men may know his work.

37:8
Then the beasts go into dens, and remain in their places.

37:9
Out of the south cometh the whirlwind: and cold out of the north.

37:10
By the breath of God frost is given: and the breadth of the waters is straitened.

37:11
Also by watering he wearieth the thick cloud: he scattereth his bright cloud:

37:12
And it is turned round about by his counsels: that they may do whatsoever he commandeth them upon the face of the world in the earth.

37:13
He causeth it to come, whether for correction, or for his land, or for mercy.

37:14
Hearken unto this, O Job: stand still, and consider the wondrous works of God.

37:15
Dost thou know when God disposed them, and caused the light of his cloud to shine?

37:16
Dost thou know the balancings of the clouds, the wondrous works of him which is perfect in knowledge?

37:17
How thy garments are warm, when he quieteth the earth by the south wind?

37:18
Hast thou with him spread out the sky, which is strong, and as a molten looking glass?

37:19
Teach us what we shall say unto him; for we cannot order our speech by reason of darkness.

37:20
Shall it be told him that I speak? if a man speak, surely he shall be swallowed up.

37:21
And now men see not the bright light which is in the clouds: but the wind passeth, and cleanseth them.

37:22
Fair weather cometh out of the north: with God is terrible majesty.

37:23
Touching the Almighty, we cannot find him out: he is excellent in power, and in judgment, and in plenty of justice: he will not afflict.

37:24
Men do therefore fear him: he respecteth not any that are wise of heart.

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Can you please quote some New Testament Scripture please? That's the covenant that we're living under right now. Thank you.

Grace and peace to you from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. In the wake of Hurricane Katrina we see that the gospel of Jesus Christ and the cross is still offensive to many people. The Bible says, Behold, I lay in Zion a chief cornerstone, elect, precious; and he who believes in him shall not be ashamed. To you, therefore who believes, he is precious. But to them who are disobedient, the stone that the builders rejected, the same is made the head of the corner, and a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offense, to them who stumble at the word, being disobedient. [1 Peter 2:6-8; Romans 9:33]

So, how is it that we clearly see the offense of the gospel in the aftermath of Katrina? By the mouths of several so-called Christian spokespeople, who are preaching that God had executed judgment on New Orleans and the rest of the Gulf Coast for their wickedness (a la Sodom and Gomorrah). The offense is clearly seen from the righteous and unveiled side of the cross where we are rejoicing in God's mercy through Jesus--and not His judgment as some others are. The reason being is that these people are vicariously executing their own sense of justice (or what they would do if they were God) totally without even considering the message of the gospel and the meaning of the cross.

link here

mod edit to add link and sorten quote

[edit on 4-12-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 11:31 PM
link   
No doubt, many have attributed this to the judgment of God upon America. That is absolutely not the case. Jesus clearly stated in Luke 9:56 that He did not come to destroy men’s lives but to save them. This was said in a direct response to His disciples asking Him to call fire down from heaven and consume the Samaritans in judgment, just as Elijah had done in the Old Testament.

Jesus would not do it. In fact, He rebuked His disciples for desiring to do so. He was demonstrating that God would deal with man differently after the atonement was made. The book of Revelation describes a time in the future when God’s judgment will rain down upon unbelievers. However, today we are living in an age of grace when God is not imputing men’s sin unto them (2 Cor. 5:19).

There were, no doubt, godly men and women who lost their lives in this storm, but God certainly wasn’t judging them. That’s not God’s “method of operation” during this age of grace. If this would have been the judgment of God, it would have been much more severe.

In the Old Testament, there are many examples of the judgment of God. A death angel went through the land of Egypt and killed all the first born (Ex. 12:29-30). Sodom and Gomorrah were completely destroyed by fire from heaven, and the great flood at the time of Noah destroyed all but eight people (Gen. 7).

America is certainly worthy of judgment, but God is extending grace to America and all the nations of the earth during this church age. There will come a time when God’s judgment is released on the whole world, and no one will have to be told it’s God doing the judging. The Scripture says that people will actually cry out for the rocks to fall upon them and hide them from the wrath of God (Rev. 6:12-17). But that time has not yet come.

The Scripture does say that the earth is groaning in birth pains awaiting the return of the Lord to make it anew. It’s groaning because of the curse which was released upon it through Adam’s sin. These groans include natural disasters such as hurricanes and earthquakes. Again, this is not to say that God causes these things or "allows" them for some purpose.

God's not guilty!

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 06:32 AM
link   
In order for this to be true God ( The Christian God I assume) would have to exist which chances are he doesn't and he's a man made diety created to establish a system of social control.

ON THE OTHER HAND

If God did create the world he did a bad job. Volcanos, Earthquakes, Tsunamis, Hurricanes.

Those babies just don't kill the sinners.....they kill babies too.

Save the preaching for County fairgrounds. It's the only place it belonsg these days.

[edit on 18-1-2006 by StJude]

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by StJude
If God did create the world he did a bad job. Volcanos, Earthquakes, Tsunamis, Hurricanes.

edit on 18-1-2006 by StJude]

Those are caused by the fall of man when sin entered creation.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 07:41 AM
link   
If do dbrant we are all dammed without hope of redemption

so why worshipp a God who doesn't give you a sporting chance?

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   

If do dbrant we are all dammed without hope of redemption

so why worshipp a God who doesn't give you a sporting chance?

We are not damned without hope, that is why Jesus came. He came so that we could be brought back to God.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   
seriously Liberal 1984, do you have proof is WAS NOT God?

as far as is know God has NOT been disproven ... it still remains a metter of Faith... maybe people dont want to consider that option becasue of their own pryde "well i did nothing wrong, why would this 'god' punish me ?"

Intelligent Design can NOT be disproven either.... unless of course you wann follow the road of the "creative Explosion"... off course "Intelligent Design" is for DUMB people... but "CREATIVE EXPLOSIONS THAT MAKE LIFE OUT OF A BIG BANG " thats for the SMAARRRTTT People...right ?

What if Katrina and other natural disasters ARE punishmenets of God ? what will you do about it ? Complain about it forever or Consider that you may have been wrong for a long long time ?

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   
the hurrican came right after bush orders sharon to withdraw israel from the gaza strip leaving its people to live in tents...giving Palestinians more territory. could it be that god is keeping his promise. God will bless those who help Israel and punish those who don't.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 05:22 AM
link   

the hurrican came right after bush orders sharon to withdraw israel from the gaza strip leaving its people to live in tents...giving Palestinians more territory. could it be that god is keeping his promise. God will bless those who help Israel and punish those who don't.

So Funkydung. What you are saying is that God created all men equally but loves the Jews more than the Palestinians.

Is God Jewish?

I reckon he's Mexican that's why he always appears in Tacos.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   

So Funkydung. What you are saying is that God created all men equally but loves the Jews more than the Palestinians.

Is God Jewish?

"god" loves all men equally. but israel is his land. thats the land he chose for his own. thats where he will descend to when he comes back. jesus was jewish. thats the race that was living there when he chose israel to manifest himself in human form. he didnt choose a specific race like hitler did and say woe to those who harm the jews. its just a promise he made. if he had chose palistine as his land or alaska or greenland or it doesnt matter. he protects his land...and the people who protect his land. the people who try to steal it, (whoever it may be) or destroy it he will take care of in his own way. if somebody tried to steal something that is very close to you would you let them? its the same. when the final war against the land takes place...to destroy israel from the map....jews will never be wiped off the face of the earth...that marks his return to protect the land isreal.

[edit on 19-1-2006 by Funkydung]

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Is God Jewish?

God made all man equally and than gave them His son and rules to Follow... If you dont stick with the program what makes you think you have the right to any rewards?

And yes according to the Bible the Jewish people IS GOD'S CHOSEN people, but that doesnt mean you can't become one of God's chosen... and no you dont have to become Jewsih for that.

The Bilbe clearly says those who curs Israel will be cursed...those who bless Israel will be blessed. So if we know those are the rules from the get go why complain now ?

Another thing ... everyone seems very offended about the "christian God supposelly not liking the muslems", but noone seem to offended that those same mulems keep blowing up Jews, who according to the bible are God's chosen people.

Now If the Jews are God's chosen people, He would not be much of a God if he didnt defend them from those who want to attack them would He ?

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 08:02 AM
link   
BaastetNoir- we meet again

God made all man equally and than gave them His son and rules to Follow... If you dont stick with the program what makes you think you have the right to any rewards?

God made all men equally. Except those born with AIDS or fatal diseases. Except women who supposedly have the stain of original sin on their souls from birth. How do you expect a day old smack baby born with a faulty heart to stick some program and claim the reward?

Not to mention you got this idea from the bible which is a document based on faith not fact. A document written by Christians for Christians to promote and spread Christianity.

And yes according to the Bible the Jewish people IS GOD'S CHOSEN people, but that doesnt mean you can't become one of God's chosen... and no you dont have to become Jewsih for that.

If the Jews are gods chosen people then surely I'd have to become Jewish and if Jews are Gods chosen people then surely all men aren't born equal?

Not to mention you got this idea from the bible which is a document based on faith not fact. A document written by Christians for Christians to promote and spread Christianity.

The Bilbe clearly says those who curs Israel will be cursed...those who bless Israel will be blessed. So if we know those are the rules from the get go why complain now ?

So we have moved onto curses now. When does this curse on those who curse Isreal kick in exactly. Did God sit high in heaven with a stop watch during the second world war and decide to destroy the Nazis when the figure reached 6 million dead, why didn't he destroy them at 5 million, or 4 , or Zero. I'm sure your answer to that will be something along the lines of "But he gave us free..etc".

As for the rules you speak of you got them from the bible which is a document based on faith not fact. A document written by Christians for Christians to promote and spread Christianity.

Another thing ... everyone seems very offended about the "christian God supposelly not liking the muslems", but noone seem to offended that those same mulems keep blowing up Jews, who according to the bible are God's chosen people.

Why are the Palestinians blowing up Jews. Mmm, it might have something to do with the fact that Isreal has built a big wall around them and 50 years ago they stole land that Palestinians had occupied for 2000 years.
Then again surely ( as you claim) That Isrealies blowing up Palestinians is fine because they are Gods "Chosen" People.

We should also remember that you got this idea from the bible which is a document based on faith not fact. A document written by Christians for Christians to promote and spread Christianity.

Now If the Jews are God's chosen people, He would not be much of a God if he didnt defend them from those who want to attack them would He ?

Again. If you are saying the Jews are Gods Chosen people then all Men are not created equally.

And lest we forget

That you got this idea from the bible which is a document based on faith not fact. A document written by Christians for Christians to promote and spread Christianity.

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 02:17 PM
link   
stjude makes some damn good points.

not all people are born equally.

paris hilton is born into a life where she basically does whatever she wants while in indonesia there are children working to make sneakers.

what about ebola? is that a result of sin? since when did sin create disease? i thought an action of a human couldn't create, only god could, am i wrong?

honestly, they shouldn't have left the disclaimer out of the beginning of the bible that states "some of this isn't literal, so please read this book with caution."

also, if god created the hurricane because of what dubya did, then why wasn't dubya the one who got his house destroyed, his possessions lost, his family displaced?

i have met people displaced by the hurricane, and they know it wasn't god's doing.

if you believe that, then you can tell a woman i met who had just lost her husband in a car accident, her brother to the iraq war, and her mother to cancer why god chose to take her baby and home away from her.

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

what about ebola? is that a result of sin? since when did sin create disease? i thought an action of a human couldn't create, only god could, am i wrong?

if you dont know that disease is the result of "sin" then there is no use for me to reply to the rest of your post.

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Funkydung

if you dont know that disease is the result of "sin" then there is no use for me to reply to the rest of your post.

18months old sinner dies of meningitis....

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by melatonin

Originally posted by Funkydung

18months old sinner dies of meningitis....

this would never be if sin wasnt introduced into the world 6000 years ago. dont put blame on the one who created you put blame on the one who is trying to destroy you. its what we have inherited. death is the result of sin. a headache is a result of sin. broken bones, bad music, ignorance, chaos, war, high gas prices, doesnt matter what age. why do you think he sacrifced his son...to give us a way out of this craphole. but we do have freewill and it is our choice. no "god" is forcing anybody to choose anything he simply set it in front of us. mankind had a choice in the begining and got outsmarted and still is today. our possibilities could have been endless if we had done what was right that day. we're all sinners. we were born into sin. not one person isnt without it. there was one and we killed him. and it was the religious people who decided it. he was threatening their empire and had to get rid of him, but little did they know he was able to overcome death. and it is the religious people who are killing him today. but thats another story. babies were caught in the flood 4000 years ago because of sin. old men and women and men too. all of us have it. there was a way to escape it, just as there is now. its not like they didnt know. for years they were told but didnt listen, thought it was stupidity until it was too late. no different today. my advice is not to listen to religion or religious people. thats not what our creator is about. religion keeps us divided and confused. if you really want to know what its all about all you have to do is ask him. be sincere and tell him you want to know. it may not be instant but you will get your answer.

[edit on 21-1-2006 by Funkydung]

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 11:54 PM
link   
that would be if there had been a garden of eden 6000 years ago...

because, last time i checked, early agrigultural societies were already forming back then.

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 12:43 AM
link   

that would be if there had been a garden of eden 6000 years ago...

because, last time i checked, early agrigultural societies were already forming back then.

your right. the garden was created long before adam(mankind). early societies were forming back then...the first ones.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join