It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun and Property rights issues in the aftermath of Katrina .(please watch video clip)

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
You actually have such a right, "to be treated with dignity"? It seems to be such a subjective topic that it would be impossible to measure. For example, I could say that the fact that you are criticizing my government infringes upon my dignity, no?

I personally think not driving a Lexus is infringing upon my personal dignity....LOL

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
Isn't just amazing that the actions of a few hundred lawless citizens and/or gang members in NOLA make the government think the the other 99.9% of the population cannot be responsible with guns.

I wonder about these numbers

Does anyone have any stats on the actual number of gun incidents?

Actually, I was listening to Drudge last night and he was talking about an article the New York Times is going to run about how the media did worse job then the federal gov't did relieving. The article is using a Chicago-Tribune article as a source in which it says there was one 1 murder and 0 rapes in the Superdome. Something about severely exaggerating the truth.

I'll poke around.. I don't know if the article is out yet.. normally, drudge will run the article if he mentions it in his radio cast.

[edit on 9/19/2005 by QuietSoul]

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
You actually have such a right, "to be treated with dignity"? It seems to be such a subjective topic that it would be impossible to measure. For example, I could say that the fact that you are criticizing my government infringes upon my dignity, no?

No, that would be hurting your feelings. But I agree. It is very subjective how we can interprete human dignity.

Originally posted by Amuk

Forgetting about the government here for a moment.......

Which are you judging our citizens by, the few who raped and shot at people or the THOUSANDS who swarmed to NO to help, only to be turned away by the authorities? The HUNDREDS of thousands who sent money, food, medicine, blankets, etc?

That's a very interesting question there Amuk. And the answer is not that simple.

It's hard for me to judge anybody. I avoid it as much as I can. I rather just post my oppinions. But in this case I'll make an exception.

So here it is.

To describe your society during and after Katrina, I'll use a spaghetti western The Good, The Bad and The Ugly as an analogy. (I got inspired from your avatar)

The Good
People who donated money, food, clothes. People who wanted and still want to help in relif effort...
The Bad
Govenment and responsible Organizations. People who raped and killed.
The Ugly
Citizens of New Orleans.

And a society is a sum of all 3. And in Katrina case you failed miserably. I know this is a harsh judgement but that's the way I see things in this case. I understand it must be very frustrating to be The Good in this tragedy.

I hope I haven't offended anybody with this post. That was not my intention. If you think this post in inappropriate please delete it.

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by yanchek
The Bad
Govenment and responsible Organizations. People who raped and killed.
The Ugly
Citizens of New Orleans.

The million dollar question now is how many murders and rapes were there?

So far the answer seems to be one murder and zero rapes. Anyone feel free to correct me. Hardly seems like a violent wave of crime to me.

That is less then would have occurred WITHOUT the hurricane. The problem here IMO seems to lay MUCH more at the feet of our elected officals and not our citizens.

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   
All this talk about the New World Order, Police State, and Population Control is forcing me to make one drastic decision:

I'm moving to Canada!

Sorry to sound conspiratorial, but Katrina did it for me. Our "Government" if you want to call it that, will do everything in it's power to stop us from disrupting their agenda/goals. The american people are dangerously dumb (to quote Anthony J. Hilder). Do you really expect a revolution? I just can't see it when 50% of our country is supporting GWB.

I'm embarrassed to be a United States citizen.

[edit on 19-9-2005 by eudaimonia]

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by eudaimonia
The american people are dangerously dumb (to quote Anthony J. Hilder).

No. They're not. They're sick, in debt, and distracted. But they're not dumb. And they DO have balls.

Do you really expect a revolution? I just can't see it when 50% of our country is supporting GWB.

You haven't been reading the latest polls.

I'm embarrassed to be a United States citizen.

You will be proud again, I promise braveheart. Americans. like the Scots, might be a bit slow to get started, but once they're moving, they're unstoppable. Sick and tired, or not.

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I just submitted this to ATSNN:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If not approved for publication, I will return to this thread and post the subject matter here.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   
(NOTE: This post is from a thread I started, but has gotten no replies, so I thought I'd bring my question to this thread. )

There's been a lot of talk of the gun confiscation in New Orleans obviously. I'm not arguing over whether or not it's wrong and unconstitutional, because it CLEARLY is. But I want to be clear about what levels of government are responsible. Many are blaming the feds and I would not be surprised if it turned out to be true. But from everything I've seen, like footage, I've only noticed local police and the nation guard (Louisiana national guard pretty sure) going around, doing the confiscation. So this would put the blame on Blanco and Nagin, correct? Because they are in charge of the local police, and Blanco would have control over the LA national guard. Although, some of those going around taking guns on the footage are hard to tell what agency they are part of.

However, many talk about how the feds are to blame at least partially. Claims that the BATF and/or FBI were out leading the local police in the confiscations and forced evacuations. If this were true, then the feds would be at fault as well. Can anyone provide some sources that could clear this question up? I've already done some searching, but haven't come up with much. People seem to still be confused on exactly who gave the order.

Also, I have heard that New Orleans was federalized a couple years ago and the local government was put under homeland security. Is there any validity to this? If this is true, then most of the blame, if not all would be on the feds, which again, wouldn't surprise me.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Amuk -- You said "This is not the stance of the REAL Conservative party, the Libertarians. "

I've heard we need to just stop voting altogether, because to vote means we accept the system as it is and go along with it, show the powers that be that we're "with" them. If we want something new it's time to just opt out of the old. This idea kind of makes sense to me.

Anyway, I don't see salvation with the Libertarians. If I had to pick a party it would be the Constitution Party. I voted for them the last two elections -- knowing they'd lose but wanting to show what I really wanted in my vote. I was scared to death of Kerry.

I'm new. This is my first post. IMO we've got to do something about this. Otherwise, when the next disaster strikes the government will use it as another excuse to declare marshal law and drag people (i.e. us) out of our homes, relocate us to these remote camps, and probably just kill us. That's the way I see it. They just want a depopulated Planet Earth and only the ones they want to go into the NWO.

We've got to start flooding Congress with demands that this not be done in the future. We want FEMA brought under control, and we want Congress to pass a law that FEMA can't force people off their property or take their registered firearms away.

Yes?

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Welcome resistance and my congrats on an outstanding first post.

I agree whole-heartedly with what you say, but seriously doubt there are enough of us that can see where these precedents could lead and are willing to argue/fight against it to make any real difference at this point. I hope I am wrong, but am coming to believe that it's going to take something really blatant and really bad to catalyze the public and by then things may get 'ugly' as a result.

Oh, on a side note, I am not going to repost my ATSNN submission...it was moved to PTS - Social Issues (I assume due to lack of interest).
You can read it here if you really want to:
Suit to Stop Gun Confiscation

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I dont have nothing to say really. Other than someone should find this guy and smack him on the head with a baseball bat (really hard)!!

This is the type of stuff that really sends me over the edge.
Put me in this situation and sombody would have been shot im sure.

and if thats illegal to say come and get me.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join