It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If only one sighting has to be true... well, mine is.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Here is what I posted on UFOevidence a while back. It's still as fresh in my mind as yesterday.

September 21st 2003

This was Sunday at about 3 o'clock in the afternoon, just fifteen minutes before this time Biggs Airfield had scrambled three F-16 looking fighters (this wasn't too odd on its own but they seemed to be in haste because they were very loud and sent consecutively). I was at a barbeque with several friends here in El Paso, Texas.

We were just hanging out having a cookout and stuff in my friend's backyard when I noticed another friend of mine kept looking upwards. He was looking straight up in the air and hand been doing it for a while. He finally stood up and said, "What the hell is that?" I immediately got up and stood next to him to look towards our zenith in the sky which was quite bright because of the sun. My friend who had spotted it said, "I was leaning back and I saw this thing I've been staring at it for ten minutes!” (so his viewing time of it was much longer) The sun was bright but lower in the sky so straining my eyes I could see it.

It looked like what people describe as a daystar but it did have some circular shape to it opposed to just being a point though it was very distant. The surface of it was either pure white or metallic like chrome and the angle of the sun was reflecting the light off of it down on to us. It slowly became more prominent and then as we all gathered around someone spotted another one nearby it in the above. Then I spotted two more. We were all very excited to see this and another guy who was around yelled at us to look to the south. I ran over and indeed saw one of them to the south but it was at a better angle for me to determine altitude and it was probably a little higher than 30,000 ft. (that one made the total spotted five).

I walked back to where we were observing the other objects on the other side of a tree. There were now four of these objects. I was watching all of them and even though the sun was very bright I understood why one of them was fading out. It was because it was rising in altitude very quickly, just the opposite of how they had all appeared. When the first one appeared it was fairly stationary in the sky and wasn't moving back and forth or flying around or anything. It was just hovering. When the others appeared they grew clearer as they descended as well as brighter. They were round so we could have been looking at spherical objects or the bottom of disks. The others appeared faintly and got brighter or bigger in the same positions they had first appeared. So at this point there where three all fairly stationary in a scattered formation as one of them had climbed up very high and out of sight.

This was also a windy day so I was thinking that maybe they were just balloons hovering above the wind. They all where slightly larger than Jupiter appears at night but not much larger. This was in the middle of the day though and it was really weird and exciting for us so doubts of course arose about twenty minutes in the minds of the skeptics amongst us. Everyone thought that maybe they were just balloons caught in an updraft or something. They had been in the same position for about that much time (twenty minutes). Well what happened next blew the balloon theory to crap because I kept watching and called everyone over as they began to move.

The scattered three points all began to converge quickly and then they stopped forming a perfect equilateral triangle if you connected the dots. One of them began to move to the side as the others were perfectly still and then it stopped. They had formed another triangle. Then another one of them (not the one just moving) started to move across the triangle that it had made and it stopped in the dead center of the other two forming a perfect row each being equidistant from the others. They held each of these positions for maybe five to seven seconds. Then the last one that hadn’t moved (except to converge) made a final long triangle with the others. They then broke formation and went back towards their original positions, two of them faded out slowly and then the last one went dim up into the blue of the sky. I kept looking all day for more but I couldn’t see any.

It was a great sighting and an even better experience. The best comparison I could make to anything in the public arena is the video of the mass sightings over Mexico City. They sort of looked like that but there where fewer of them. And I choose not to speculate with what the jets where scrambled for but all of it happened and I've got 8 other people who will confirm my story.

edit for formatting.

[edit on 9/11/2005 by Merkwurdichliebe]

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Thats an interesting sighting.

There is nothing like seeing something like that with your own eye's.

Sightings that long are rare, but they do happen. I had a 20 minute sighting also in '02.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Well, I've said it and I'll say it again ... Experience! If one experiences something with their own eyes, it blows away any proof that would have been required for that person to believe in it in the first place

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Galactic Federation

After my experience of a close encounter of the 3rd kind, I started reading everything I could on the ET subject to try and understand what had happened to me, my life was going crazy with strange synchronicities and this whole story is based on synchronicity, it just depends if you believe in co0incidence...
One of the books I read was called 'UFO Visitation' by Alan Watts, anyway I thought the ET's he was on about were the same as mine, so I wrote a letter to him to see if he could help me understand, in it I mentioned the triangular gateway the UFO's were coming in and out of...anyway when he wrote back he said triangle was the 'key' word for a genuine ET encounter,and gave me a messege...he said that many years before himself, a woman called Phyllis Schlemmer [she wrote only planet of choice] and Gene Roddenberry went to stay at a beach house and Phyllis spent the month channeling the Galactic Federation and Gene Roddenberry took notes and created Star Trek from it.... well it gave me a bit of a chuckle I decided Alan Watts was possibly a bit of a nutter and didn't bother again.
About 5 years past, I remembered the story and it always amused me, but I never took it too siriusly, then one I got talking to an American chap on an internet e-mail list called Art Myers, Art was 85 at the time and had been a psychic investigator for 21yrs and had written several books [bless him he even sent me a signed copy of his latest book] anyway he told me that in an encounter like mine the ET's had tatooed a blue triangle on him and asked if I knew what it mean't, I said I didn't know but felt I had to tell him the story Alan Watts said went with triangle.
Arts reply blew me away, he said "Well bugger me, I was working with Phyllis Schlemmer 5 years ago on a book, she told me that story and I didn't believe her, I wanted the book to be about her crazy life story with all her strange adventures and she wanted it to be about the Galactic Federation, we argued and the book never got finished"
To which I replied "Damm Art, you could have been the next Gene Roddenberry'
Anyway off I went again for a few years thinking it nothing more than another pleasant amusing synchronicity, then earlier this year I was in my 'housha' in the Sinai Desert when a friend Root brought a jewish guy called Ronnie for a visit, I mention something about ET's and then Root demands the whole story saying I can't just throw in a comment and not tell the whole story... so I tell the whole shucky-darn long whole story, anyway I get to the bit about Phyllis Schlemmer and Root says 'ah Ronnie was telling me about her earlier, he said I should read the book, I definately will now" so I turned to Ronnie saying "ah you know Phyllis Schlemmer" (meaning you've read her book) he nodded (meaning yes I know her she is a close friend) and I carried on with the story'... it was only afterwards I realizied he meant they were friends and he knew the story, when he started talking about her....so easier than me telling you what ET's are like just watch Star Trek its a true story and if thats not the funniest thing in the world I dont know what is...

Love sarephim101

The Truth is Funnier Than Fiction

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   
nice sighting and it was on my birthday too lmao

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Another possibility -

The El Paso station - station ID "ELP" launches radiosondes e.g. "weather balloons" on the hour every hour and it would not be unlikely to have them cluster because of wind/temp/pressure gradients. Add the right sun angle and bingo - your UFO's.... Changing temps/winds/pressures and sun angles can make them move and disappear and reappear....

Us glider pilots and the balloon pilots use this data to know when to soar and for the balloonies where they will go.... The data is also fed into the weather models....

I'd like to believe - but I've flown a bunch and been an astonomy nut for years and have seen NOTHING - yet... that was not a natural or manmade object....

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 07:13 AM
link   
That's a great theory UofC and I'd probably just leave it at something like that if I hadn't seen them move.

Perhaps my description was slightly lacking from what I saw. The objects would have had to descend VERY quickly, as if they were falling. In a moment from looking into the sky and seeing one object then seeing a faint point and then another faint point and those faint points looking the same as the original object... all in about the same amount of time it took you to read that. Their ascent was pretty much the same as the one remained.

Then there is the moving and formations. Seriously, at the altitude these things were at and to be stationary on such a windy day and then suddenly for them all to move together into ends of a perfect equilateral triangle and hold it. Then one to MOVE quickly and STOP then another to MOVE and then STOP and the third to MOVE and STOP, not even a slow stop... from full speed ahead to a dead stop... (IN A FORMATION)... weather balloon? Hahah no way.

So I mean it'd be a good explanation if they hadn't been moving. I also am into astronomy, got a telescope and everything, I've done a lot of star gazing... I've seen satellites... I've seen meteors sweeping over the sky breaking apart in formation just a few thousand feet over my head that could have been mistaken for UFOs... but then there are things like this sighting that are completely unexplainable... aliens and secret government aircraft projects... sure that's possible... I'm not trying to speculate, and I didn’t speculate in my account, but there was a little more technology and intelligence behind these objects than weather balloons... and I'm really tired of hearing that.

I saw an enormous balloon launch from white sands a little while back. Any inexperienced person could have mistaken that for a UFO... Really... I'm smart enough to under stand the difference... not everyone who sees UFOs are rednecks or people who aren’t credible. Some of the people who witnessed this sighting with me were in the military as well.

Keep looking up UofC. I'm sorry you've seen NOTHING but one day I'm pretty sure you'll see SOMETHING... then you'll have folks tossing the weather balloon theories at you too. ; )

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   
yep its true....once you actually see something for yourself you no longer feel like you have to convince others that theres stuff out there, you kind of just sit back quietley knowing, i had a sighting recentley (which i posted) and friends were taking the mickey......it just didnt matter....i has seen something which couldnt be explained, a UFO, all that seems to be rare is when you actually see one with friends so you can all agree on it.

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Skepticism is completely understood though. Even I have a hard time believing what I saw but the fact is that I saw it. I wasn't ever doubtful that life existed elsewhere in the universe but I was skeptical about them being capable of visiting earth... I still am slightly skeptical about that, but until someone proposes a better theory, I think I'm going to roll with aliens. After all you can’t say it’s IMPOSSIBLE. Our scientists can't conceive of traveling faster than the speed of light but just a few hundred years back you were labeled a heretic if you even suggested that the earth wasn't the center of the universe.

There's a lot to be said about first hand experience. If a man honestly and seriously told me Jesus came to him and told him to change his life then I might not necessarily doubt the man but merely his experience. I understand skeptics but Fett's right on the money.

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I have often felt a thread of truth in the Star Trek stories, but in many sci-fi genre. It is hard to tell where the truth begins and ends. You just get a feeling that there is something to it.

I watched an sci-fi film that came out in '54. They had used footage from an actual nuclear test facility to open up the story with and then there was 'Alternate 3', which if the videos weren't so poor would make better viewing, as apparently it shows a landing on Mars that was suppose to have taken place and they used an actor to portray the story of an actual astronaut.

What a better medium to control, manipulate, educate and condition than television. Once acceptance is acknowledged on a wider scale then divulge the truth-problem is it will appear as fiction; unless it is supported by a government body.

If you read the credits at the end of Stargate-you will notice that the military have had thier involvement in it's creation. It does pay to read the credits at the end of a programme. There is quite a bit more information there.

If you check the credits at the end of the original series-you can't miss it and ask yourself-how are they able to film a military base in Colorado without express permission of the government. See everybody is looking at the story and missing out on something much more. The only other time I have seen that base used was in a film about a meteor, or a base like the one used in Stargate.

The one in Stargate I know is in Colorado as I was in AFJROTC and we had seen films taken at various bases in our class. I had actually wanted to be a test pilot then a female astronaut. I was too small and they didn't think that I would stand up to the training required. Nevertheless, being a military brat and being in AFJROTC, and my first husband being in the military. I know what to look for and I suggest that anybody who has the dvds of Stargate go through the credits.

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merkwurdichliebe
Here is what I posted on UFOevidence a while back. It's still as fresh in my mind as yesterday.

September 21st 2003

This was Sunday at about 3 o'clock in the afternoon...

[edit on 9/11/2005 by Merkwurdichliebe]

I've seen the exact same thing about 10 years ago and in Canada.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 01:52 PM
link   
yo slink, do you have ANY idea what it could have been?

new topics

top topics

join