It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Aid to Israel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I have been hearing that the US is paying for the compensation to those who were relocated from Gaza. Does anyone have a good source for this information either to verify or disprove?

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   
There was a thread last month about Israel asking the US for $2.2 biliion in relocation aid but I don't know if the US ever agreed to pay the money.

With so much money now going to Katrina it might be a bit difficult to come up with a couple of billion extra for Israel.

NEWS: Israel Asks U.S For Another $2.2Billion In Aid

[edit on 11-9-2005 by AceOfBase]

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   
It's ture, the settlers were paid up to $400,000 per family depending on their location and how long they had lived in Gaza, the 2.2 billion check has already been cashed. If you do the math, they are giving the Hurricane refugees 2000 bucks, seems a bit slanted to me.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by twitchy
Here's another little number to rattle around in your brain for a moment as we watch people being forced to leave their homes often at gunpoint and through checkpoints with drug sniffing dogs.
How much money is the Federal Government going to give the Evacuees? Do you think we could spare maybe two or three hundred thousand bucks for EACH FAMILY?

Why do I ask?

This is why...

bellaciao.org...
The government is compensating settlers through a complex formula that takes into account such issues as home size, number of family members and amount of time residing in the settlement. Compensation usually amounts to $200,000-$300,000 per family.
"Settlers, who were encouraged by the Israeli government to move to settlements, are entitled to compensation," says Sarit Michaeli, spokesman for B’Tselem, the independent Israeli information centre for human rights in the occupied territories.

Israel has negotiated a $2.2 billion dollar gift from the Bush administration to pay the Israeli settlers.

Offer a cot and some rations, maybe a job to American Victims of a National Tragedy, right after we paid 300,000 bucks a family to relocate an illegal settlement half away around the world?
Pardon my Goyist French here, but Man you want to talk about some #ed up priorities.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Actually, I've just been looking at Google news and it seems that the aid was agreed to in principle but was never delivered or even approved by congress. A request for congressional approval had been set for December and it now looks doubtful that they'll get as much as they'd hoped for.

haaretz

In July, Israel requested funding to develop the north and south of the country, which was to be part of a $2.25 billion package for the disengagement plan. The Bush administration had been expected to submit its request to Congress for approval of the aid in December.

"The question has been raised as to whether Israel should exercise some restraint with regard to this aid request now," Kurtzer, who ends his four-year term next week, told Israel Radio on Friday.

"The government may or may not decide to pursue it right now, in view of the fact that the costs to the American taxpayer of [Hurricane] Katrina are likely to be enormous in the period ahead," he said. "I've seen estimates in the press that exceed $100 billion. But this is a decision that the Israeli government will take, whether it seeks to move this issue now or not."

top topics

join