It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Old Ufo sighting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I don't know if this has ever been mentioned before, and i don't exactly remember very much about it, but in a book I once read, It said there was a plane which was in america and it was in the 1950s, and there were Ufos flying around it.

The planes engines were stopped and the orb like ufos (maybe like "foo fighters" or similar from ww2) were flying around it, harassing it or so to speak, and the plane dissapeared behind a ridge. A large explosion was heard, and when the plane was discovered it was described as "if it had been swatted out of the air with a giant flyswat".

It completely pzzles me, but i will look for the book and if any one else knows anything about it would help.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   
It could have been a book on or called "The Bermuda Triangle" Just a thought.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   
This is indeed a very famous case. Its one of a few examples of UFOs causing the death of a pilot.

The UFO was seen from the ground too.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Is there any video footage or articles about it on the web??

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I do not know about any footage, and it was in the '50s, so it could be quite hard to get any. The problem is I don't have an exact date or location for the incident so I don't know if it is possible to find it, but I will try to look.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   
o,O I saw an airplane a few weeks ago that seemed as it was just sitting there hovering (it was daytime and it was low) but realized it was moving VERY VERY VERY Slowly. Can an airplane do that? Wierd.. anyways nice story hope we can find more on it.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I know. no grandparants with news articles or any such sort??

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I live in england, so I am doing this just on the internet, but if you google "Orting UFO" you should find things about it. It was in 1959 to be exact. I only found one old picture, which was a PDF of a newspaper but it showed a blackened area with very small fragments of plane. Info about it seems fairly elusive.

top topics

join