It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blanco a no-show

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 09:58 AM
link   
www.katc.com...

from the story...

"At the Rayne Civic Center, emotions are high. The people are desperately waiting the arrival of Governor Blanco. All they are looking for are answers.

As a glimmer of hope pulled into the parking lot, Governor Blanco is not on the bus, only her representatives.

"The governor wished she could be here," explains Connie Nelson, a Blanco representative.

"When you need us, we are there," says Dellihoue. "When you need our votes, we are there. Now that we need you, come and get us. We need you now!"

Governor Blanco continues to be a disgrace to the state of Louisiana.

[edit on 11-9-2005 by Carseller4]

[edit on 11-9-2005 by Carseller4]

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Simple question:

"When will I be able to move off the arena floor and into a house or apartment?"

Answer to simple question:

"we don't have that answer now, but we'll get it for you". Meanwhile, have another MRE and a pop-tart. You're in good hands.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 10:24 AM
link   
After wartching the video, I can't help but wonder why these people expected the governor... There were 20 buses out in her name to visit the shelters. Certainly she cannot be on all of them, if she was even on one.

After all, it's not like she's on vacation and refusing to meet with these people. I'm pretty sure she's working her butt off somewhere trying to salvage what's left of her state.

I'm sorry these people were disappointed, but I'm wondering if they were even told to expect the governor in the first place. That wasn't covered in the story.

I feel terrible for these people.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Sep 9, 2005, 05:45 PM.

This story is also 2 days old.

top topics

join