It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any military in your family?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Here's a list of known family members who were in the service:

I had a 6X-great-grandfather, Eli Addams, who fought for America in the Revolutionary War (I'm thinking about joining the Daughters of the American Revolution).

My 3X-great-grandfather, Bartley Crawford (Eli's great-grandson, and my maternal grandmother's maternal grandmother's father), fought for the Union Army in the Civil War.

A great-great-grandfather, Eli Barrett (maternal grandmother's paternal grandfather), also fought in the Union Army. My mother is a member of the Daughters of Union Vets.

My granduncle, Norman Barrett, was killed in North Africa in 1943, during WWII. I believe the place is called Kasserine Pass.

Mom's brother, Uncle Norman, was a Marine who fought in Viet Nam. He died 20 years ago from cancer because of that Agent Orange.

Uncle Robert was in the Navy.

My dad was in the 82nd Airborne, and I have a stepbrother who was in the Marines. Dad's uncle, Sanford Bebertz, was standing guard at Pearl Harbor when it was bombed, and he died about 3 years ago.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Uncle Joe was RAF for 25 years. He recently retired (on full pension, and after having a sex-change; not really relevant, but illustrates the point that in the UK military, you cannot be fired or discriminated against for sex reassignment surgery, or for being homosexual).

My sister's husband is currently in Iraq, as part of the Army. (in England)

Two other uncles are ex-Army, and both my biological father and first step-father served, too.

(Then again, as they're both now over 60, that's probably a given - they served when England still had national service).

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   
My Dad was Lieutenant in the Royal Navy.

My Biological Grandfather on my Dad's side was an American pilot I believe, he met my Grandmother when other here during WW2 but was KIA.

My Step-Grandfather (who I always consider my Grandfather) was a Sergeant in the Royal Engineers,

My Grandmother (on Dad's side) was a Nurse during the war and I know she also used to drive the top brass around.

My Grandfather on my Mother's side - I'm not sure, I'll have to check - I have a vague recollection of being told years ago he was a dispatch rider, but I'll have to check! Memory not always reliable.

I don't know anything about the family beyond that at the moment, it's one of the things that we're looking into.

And my Dad, my Mum and I all do/have worked in the defence industry.

[edit on 11-9-2005 by AgentSmith]

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 10:04 AM
link   
My husband's brother has a stepson in Iraq, fighting in Bush's War. Steve Kellhofer.

Just hope he makes it back in one piece....

top topics

join