It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doctors forced to play God

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Medical staff at the Memorial Medical Centre who were besieged by armed gangs and under fire from snipers, had to make heartbreakings decisions as to who would live and who would die.

Senior doctors decided to give massive overdoses of morphine to those who they believed would not make it out alive.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

I dont know if I could ever make the choice of who lives and who dies, I cant imagine the emotional torment those doctors must be going through.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Doctors play God all the time. This is a much not talked about issue, yet it is fairly common. There are babies born without faces, old people that too sick to get well and just want to go, medical mistakes, etc. It's more common than most people think. It was the humane thing to do.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Here is another story on this topic.

Sad Sad Sad. I could not even begin to think about making this decision.

I am sure the MD's and the health care pros considered all options.

Or was this decision made conveniently to ease the situation?

Do you leave these people alone?

Do you take these people along and risk loosing more life?

How do you decide?

You can walk, you get to come with us!

You are bed bound you must stay and we can make you comfortable?

Or were these people even given the option?

Or where they just given an injection and not told that the injection was fatal.

Hmmm, do I hear lawsuit. Yes

Do I see prison time. Yes

I see many people going to prison for this round of Euthanasia!

I just wonder if it will be the MD's ot the RN's who take the fall or will it be the Hospitals Administration who goes to Prison?

This should be very interesting to see how this plays out.

www.raidersnewsupdate.com...

Doctors working in hurricane-ravaged New Orleans killed critically ill patients rather than leaving them to die in agony as they evacuated hospitals, The Mail on Sunday can reveal.

With gangs of rapists and looters rampaging through wards in the flooded city, senior doctors took the harrowing decision to give massive overdoses of morphine to those they believed could not make it out alive.

[edit on 13-9-2005 by SIRR1]

join