It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bloody Do Gooders!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 07:51 AM
link   
A Do Gooder is an insult used by conservatives and those of limited gene pool to describe those who disagree with their proposals. For instance opposing the erosion of civil liberties in the name of freedom is an example of do gooding.

I just fnd it really dumb to deomise those who try to 'do good' Really, really dumb. Contemptable in fact, utterly moronic and sickening.

'Your trying to do good you liberal little t***, How dare you?'

Idiots, all of you. People who do good tend to be trying to help, what do the critics have to offer? Nothing. Tossers.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 08:09 AM
link   
'Do Gooders' when I refer to them are the brainless mornos that come up with ridiculous laws such as:

Not being allowed to smack children - to try and stop child abuse??!

Eh... HELLO!! Last time I checked it was always illegal to abuse a child, now all we have to show for the inability to exert basic discipline is a bunch of lawless toerags that get away with murder, practically literally these days. Aww.. poor little Johnny had a hard childhood, mustn't smack him it will upset him.. Oh poor little Johnny just murdered a 4 yeard old and filmed it on his mobile.. oh dear oh dear.

Banning all firearms - Naive people like 'Mothers against Guns'

So they think that banning firearms rids the streets of them? Sorry to burst the bubble but it has only made things worse. Violent crime has increased and there are more violent burglaries as the criminals know that no-one is armed.
The majority of guns used in crimes are and always have been illegally owned ones anyway, the only people that don't have them now are good law abiding people. You always get the odd exception like the Dunblane moron, but that happens sadly.
Someone hacked up some kids with a machete in a school a week or two after, you can still buy one though.
What about if they go in and bludgon them to death with a spade? Going to ban the garden spade too?
The problem is the people, not the tool. And the scary thing is no matter what you do you are always going to get rotten apples.

And a blanket law banning replica firearms would damage people's hobbies including collecting, re-enactments, etc. But the replica weapons used the majority of the time in an inappropiate way are the cheap 'toys' - they should be banned.
The serious ones that cost hundreds of pounds do not need to be however.

I also can't stand it when people are naive enough to think that there is always a peaceful solution. When sometimes there isn't one.
It's like when firefighters have to start small fires to cut off the path of a big forest fire - sometimes you have to fight fire with fire and there is no two ways about it.

So that's the sort of thing I would refer to as 'Doo-Gooder' activities -

Uneducated knee-jerk reactions that when analysed properly cause more damage than good. People who have a very blinkered view of life but are arrogant enough to think they know so much - when they obviously don't.

[edit on 11-9-2005 by AgentSmith]

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   
i'm in absolute total agreance with you agentsmith

i think you said it near perfect

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 09:06 AM
link   
yep AGENT SMITH....you ve hit the nail on the head there mate
there are always people who think these laws up in actual fact these same people have no knowledge of the issues they are talking about....

a similar to what im talking about:..i had an aunt who was totaly against me chastising my own child, she said '''you should put them in a naughty corner'' hahahahahahahahah, and guess what she had read that from a book, needless to say she had no children of her own and id bet the person who wrote the book didnt have any either...

Do-gooders are always willing to give their opinion when they have not a clue what they are talking about, or when it dosent concern them...
another similar:
a very famous pop star of the 80's was about 18 mnths ago campaining along with other do-gooders to allow more 'asylum seekers'' in the country she (pop star) was on the news saying how bad this country was , these people are only trying to get a better life for themselves, blah blah blah ( you get the drif..eh)
and then not more than 6 months ago the same famous pop star was again on the news campaining for the local council where she lives (along with other protesters) i think it was in surrey somewhere, not to allow the ''go -ahead''on plans to build a ''holding center'' so the same asylum seekers could be housed whilst their ''leave for asylum'' was processed...

strang how people are ...when it dosent concern them ...eh????

top topics

join