It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Admiral Byrd's log book

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 11:23 PM
link   
The question which seems to stick in my mind is why the US sent the biggest part of their remaining post war fleet to this area. This operation must have had major implications for the US at the time. This is very strange and disconcerting if Hoax is what you are thinking then again why send such a large force to this area? Secret nazi bases with advanced weapons or strange going ons with flugelrads? The Argentians and chileans armed forces have reported this area a UFO hotspot. UFO base? Classic (almost as good as) roswell mystery. Any new publications or insights into this one appreciated (links if you have them or book titles).

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 12:17 AM
link   
For the sake of argument, let's pretend that it was a made up story. (not saying it is made up) Why would a military man make up such a story? What's the point?

Troy

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thain Esh Kelch
Just use Google Earth and take a look for yourself... There are no open, green areas up there...

Um, I just did Google Earth and there most certainly is areas of green valley up there, above Greenland, at Longyear City.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 07:02 AM
link   
here's more info on bryd's expeditions. If there was nothing to see there then why make other expeditions.\

www.south-pole.com...

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 07:41 AM
link   
errr antarctica would be the south pole not the North pole for the member that stated there is greenery above greenland... for the rest, like just about everyone else I seriously doubt the hollow earth schtick. Also the flight log part seems contrived in many ways, including the noteable absence of compass bearing and airspeed. Which in those days you'd have really wanted over a place like antarctica as there was no GPS to give you a reliable location fix in flight.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by timoothy
Excerpt of The Hollow Earth:
"During his Arctic flight of 1,700 miles BEYOND the North Pole he reported by radio that he saw below him, not ice and snow, but land areas consisting of mountains, forests, green vegetation, lakes and rivers,

Err, this is the quote I was refering to when I made my statement about there being greenery on Google Earth. I was assuming that was what this person meant also because he stated "up" there:

quote: Originally posted by Thain Esh Kelch
Just use Google Earth and take a look for yourself... There are no open, green areas up there...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Hmmm..just found out that there was an award winning documentary made about operation highjump called "The Secret Land". It's quite old but if it's still available I'll try to track it down. It involves footage from the actual expedition itself and I would like to see if it shows the tone or behaviour surrounding the whole mission.

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 06:31 AM
link   
here's the site to see these video's.

www.thule.org...

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Those "thule.org/brains/around the conspiracy" videos are of the 1947 Antarctice flights of the Admiral Byrd team. There were technical problems especially the near crash of Byrd's plane due to failure of one engine. No reports of unusual sightings on that 1947 expedition. The two Byrd expeditions of interest in that sense would be the 1929 and the 1956 polar expeditions. Charles Berlitz analyzed them at lebgth in "Without a Trace," his book following his big book "The Bermuda Triangle." The way Berlitz reported it, the 1929 expedition, which I believe was to the North Pole, wascarried on live radio to the U.S. and included Byrd's talking about green forests, lush valleys, animals, and so on. The 1956 expedition was larger in scope and was the one that has been said to have penetrated deeply into such a region.

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Extremely fascinating reading of the log book entry. Thank you to the person who posted it. From someone who has had contact with such beings it is most enlightening. The numbers do make sense. The date was 2-19. They flew at an altitude of 27000 feet. 27 and 72 are the numbers that make the difference between 1919 and 1991 and 1991 and 2019. These numbers are seen together. It makes more sense of the stuff that I've heard on my own.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join