It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Found Something Weird In Katrina Satellite Pic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I Found Something Weird In Katrina Satellite Pic. Not Much More To Say. I Was Just Looking At The Pic And Noticed a Weird Cluster Of Black Dots. I Don't Know If They Are Planes But The Don't Look Right. Please Tell Me Whats You Think.

Please Tell Me What You Think. I Think The Dots Look Out Of Place Tell Me What I Could Be.

[edit on 11-9-2005 by DJDOHBOY]

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 02:36 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 02:38 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Does AnyOne Think That Is Out Of Place

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 02:39 AM
link   
They look like an error from the boundry lines. Same colour, 1 pixel.
BTW: This is way off from being in the right forum.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 02:41 AM
link   
If A Mod Want To Move This Feel Free I don't Know Where It Belongs.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 02:42 AM
link   
It would belong in the Aliens & UFOs part of the forum, not the NEWS part, and stop making so many posts within such a small timeframe.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Sorta looks like someone just put the image into paint, and took like that pencil thing and dotted it. Nothing wierd, could be anything. What did you think it was?

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I Put The Red Around It. If You Zoom It In You Can Tell The Dots Are Not Penciled In. I Think It Might Be Military Planes Possibally Hurricane Hunter But I Don't Know.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 02:51 AM
link   
No, paint does work well, I just tried it, using black and the paintbrush tool on the smallest setting looks exactly like it. Also I doubt a plane would show up that well.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Planes are WAY to small to be able to be seen that big from that high up.
It would be an error from when they were drawing the black line around the states and boundries.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Maybe they are just islands.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Yeah, I agree those planes would be 20 miles across!

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 03:07 AM
link   
You're probaly right actually. There's another lot down the bottom on the right.

apc

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Well Sir, I Don't Know.
There Definitely Is Some Pixel Mapping Differences Surrounding The Little Black Dots.
Beyond That, Got Me.
By The Way, What Is Up With This Whacky Excessive First Letter Capitalization? Is It Contagious?

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 03:18 AM
link   

If you zoom in you se the whole area is more pixelated than the ones around it. Even at resolution from the pic you posted you can see the area around the pic where it was touched up/

Edited by some program I would say.

and yeah this doesnt belong here in ATSNN

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Its what looks like a coral atol to me. I couldnt find a map with it named but its definately earthly and the product of a border overlay:

Heres the original satellite view I got from google maps (because I cant use Imageready for crap and it looks all grainy in the animation
):

Nice find though, keep on scouring

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Nice find ...

In Laymen terms that is what we call a " steering mechanism" ....lol

I do not know what its inventors call it ..

You don't believe a 1degree rise in ocean temperatures could create 2.5 times as any storms per year do you?

They are using lasers to heat ocean grids and then launching these storms via cyclone force winds that they are also generating, in hope of steering one in the right direction, according to wind current.

I don't know, what is it? I give up ..

~peace

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   
As you can see from this map it's a series of small islands and coral reefs.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Just go here and zoom in on Merida, yucatan penisula, mexico(just north in gulf:

encarta.msn.com...

top topics

join