It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Invisible Mason

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 12:26 AM
link   
All of which is discussed on this site regarding Masonry is superficial. Granted, Masonry and its sister societies have a rich tradition. The fingerprints of Masonry can be found throughout the course of history and have reached every strata of society. But, in order to establish a common moral discourse on Masonry itself we can not ignore nor divorce ourselves from the reality of the existance of the Invisible Mason. There is more to masonry, the visible aspects, that one can see or hear in any lodge or masonic temple. On a much grander scale the invisible masons, a select group who are a secret brotherhood unto themselves (most of whom are 2nd to 3rd generation Masons or those who have inherited the craft and have found favor among the very elect) guard the secrets of civilization much the same as Athena defends with her spear.

I invite any initiate to either confirm or engage me on the discussion on the Invisible Mason.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 04:01 AM
link   
I tried to PM you but I guess I can't until I hit twenty posts. Anyway how deep have you studied this?

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by WWStory
I invite any initiate to either confirm or engage me on the discussion on the Invisible Mason.

I invite you to furnish any sort of evidence for the 'Invisible Mason'.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lexicon

Originally posted by WWStory

I invite you to furnish any sort of evidence for the 'Invisible Mason'.

If you want proof, please consider another thread. Discussion is all he calles for.

I dont know about this "Secret Invisable Mason" group, but I do often wonder how and who assigns lodge numbers globaly. Must be a group somwhere that assigns those numbers, otherwise would be a great deal of chaos trying to collect dues

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by All Seeing Eye
If you want proof, please consider another thread. Discussion is all he calles for.

One requires something more than a single person's insistance that there are secret masons before there is anything to discuss.

I dont know about this "Secret Invisable Mason" group, but I do often wonder how and who assigns lodge numbers globaly. Must be a group somwhere that assigns those numbers, otherwise would be a great deal of chaos trying to collect dues

Lodge numbers are assigned by each of the Grand Lodges, not on a global basis, and are done in order of creation.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Please present evidence that these 'inherited' 3rd generation mason's have a craft that is different from 'regular' masons.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   

WWStory
in order to establish a common moral discourse on Masonry itself we can not ignore nor divorce ourselves from the reality of the existance of the Invisible Mason.

WWStory made the assertion that the "invisible mason" is a fact, therefore the burden of proof is on WWStory.
Any discussion on this subject must first begin with proof of it's existence otherwise the product will be more conjecture and fantasy. I believe this will be impossible, as it does not exist.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I've read a number of posts from masons that admit individual lodges do their own thing in their own way and that there are bad apples hanging in this vast tree of knowledge so why is it not possible to discuss one of the many branches that is stronger than many of the twigs that would like to be grafted in. Could it be because those twigs would be pruned off for even admitting that circles within circles COULD exist?

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 08:14 PM
link   
where are these grand lodges that assign the numbers to the lodge, and do they communicate with each other so they dont get thier wires crossed?

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngelWitch

Any discussion on this subject must first begin with proof of it's existence

WWStory doesn't have to demonstrate that the invisible mason's exist in order to participate, but it would certainly be a good place to start. If WWStory just wants to talk to other people who already basically agree with them, well, then that's their prerogative.

df1

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

WWStory doesn't have to demonstrate that the invisible mason's exist in order to participate, but it would certainly be a good place to start. If WWStory just wants to talk to other people who already basically agree with them, well, then that's their prerogative.

Nygdan, I totally agree that no evidence, proof or even reasonable logic is necessary to participate in the "Secret Societies" threads. It has never been an ATS requirement in the past and I see no reason to make it a requirement now. But I do hope ATS continues to find it reasonable for posters to request evidence, proof and reasonable logic from those presenting theories.

As for the topic of this thread, from my experience in Freemasonry I have found no basis for the existence of "The Invisible Mason". However I am open discussing the topic further should someone present evidence, proof or some reasonable logic to support its existence. To say the least, I am not hopeful.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 10:02 PM
link   

where are these grand lodges that assign the numbers to the lodge, and do they communicate with each other so they dont get thier wires crossed?

Each US state or Canadian province has its own Grand Lodge, and other countries generally either have a Grand Lodge for each country, or else a Grand Lodge per region/state/province. They do 'communicate' in that there are agreements between Grand Lodges to recognize each other (when Grand Lodges recognize each other they are considered to be in 'amity'). But lodge numbers are given within the jurisdiction of each Grand Lodge, so that there may be many lodges with the same number, but only one in each jurisdiction (i.e. Whitney Lodge #229, New Burlington, Indiana, and Ionic Lodge #229, Brampton, Ontario).

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

I also agree IF it's just a discussion on the topic, however he stated it as a bygone conclusion and then stated:

I am therefore engaging him in the discussion and have requested proof of his conclusion before entertaining other aspects of the topic.
If the premise is false then all products of the premise are equally faulty.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
"Amity" ,Hmmmm. Amity

Okay, so they get along with one another. But how many lodges are in "Amity"? Which ones? And, why would you have lodges that are not in "Amity"? What would be the reasoning behind not being in the state of "Amity". They are all brothers, right? How many lodges dont get along with each other.....

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Okay, so they get along with one another. But how many lodges are in "Amity"? Which ones? And, why would you have lodges that are not in "Amity"? What would be the reasoning behind not being in the state of "Amity". They are all brothers, right? How many lodges dont get along with each other.....

Grand Lodges may not be in amity because they believe the other not to practice 'true' Freemasonry. For instance, there are some lodges open only to Blacks (Prince Hall Masonry), and not all the other Grand Lodges recognize Prince Hall Masonry because of this. Also, some Grand Lodges do not require brothers to believe in a supreme being, and almost none of the Grand Lodges which require that belief are in amity with those lodges. Each Grand Lodge has a list of those other Grand Lodges it is in amity with. The list is probably viewable on the website of the Grand Lodge.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 01:35 AM
link   
There are defining principles of freemasonry which must be in place for an organisation to be truly masonic. Some organisations which claim to be masonic fall short of these defining characteristics (or 'landmarks'). Those that do, recognise each other as masonic. Those that fall short of the requirements are not recognised.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 05:03 AM
link   
So, am i reading this correctly? Your telling me that there are "Rouge" Masonic lodges that do not follow the pricipals of freemasonry? No over sight? And if that is the case how are we to know which masons are real and which ones are masqurading. Could it be that these unaccepted masonic lodges communicate in a secritive manner, unknown to the real masons? How would anyone know?

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lexicon

Grand Lodges may not be in amity because they believe the other not to practice 'true' Freemasonry. For instance, there are some lodges open only to Blacks (Prince Hall Masonry), and not all the other Grand Lodges recognize Prince Hall Masonry because of this.

In actuality, race is not an issue. Prince Hall Lodges do not admit blacks only, nor do mainstream Lodges admit whites only. There are quite a few white Brothers in Prince Hall, and likewise quite a few black Brothers in mainstream Masonry. The recognition issue has to do with jurisdiction instead of race.

Some Grand Lodges simply refuse to recognize another Grand Lodge within their own jurisdiction because of the tradition that one Grand Lodge is the highest Masonic authority in the jurisdiction. The same thing was happening in the late 1700's between the Free and Accepted Masons and the Antient York Masons, both of which were all white, and both of which refused to recognize each other because of the jurisdiction issue. The breach was healed when the two finally merged, and recognized the same Grand Lodge as authoritative.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 07:21 AM
link   

So, am i reading this correctly? Your telling me that there are "Rouge" Masonic lodges that do not follow the pricipals of freemasonry? No over sight? And if that is the case how are we to know which masons are real and which ones are masqurading.

As Trinityman noted, there are plenty of non-Masonic organizations that claim to be Masonic, but are not. As to how one tells them apart:

1. Do they possess a Charter issued to them by a regular Grand Lodge?
2. Do they adhere to the ancient landmarks, traditions, and laws of the Fraternity?

If the answr to both questions is yes, then the Lodge is regular. A Grand Lodge may suspend or arrest the Charter of a Lodge if the Lodge strays from orthodox Freemasonry. At the time they lose their Charter, they cease to be Masonic, regardless of they cease from meeting.

Could it be that these unaccepted masonic lodges communicate in a secritive manner, unknown to the real masons? How would anyone know?

From a Masonic standpoint, we wouldn't care. If they aren't a regularly chartered Lodge, then they aren't really Masonic, and are therefore no concern of ours.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   

So, am i reading this correctly? Your telling me that there are "Rouge" Masonic lodges that do not follow the pricipals of freemasonry?

From my understanding, the UGLE Lodge recognizes other lodges all across the world, and that is what makes up Regular Masonry. Then there are other lodges not recognized as regular by UGLE, and these can do whatever they want. In all probability, they consider themselves to be Regular and the UGLE masons to be irregular.

Could it be that these unaccepted masonic lodges communicate in a secritive manner, unknown to the real masons? How would anyone know?

What would it matter?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join