It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2,500 evacuees being sent to Otis AFB (concentration camp??)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 10:55 PM
link   
www.boston.com...

2,500 Katrina evacuees headed to Cape base

Romney says state is happy to provide help

By Michael Levenson and Lisa Wangsness, Globe Correspondent And Globe Staff | September 5, 2005

About 2,500 evacuees displaced by Hurricane Katrina will be flown from the Gulf Coast to Otis Air Force Base on Cape Cod by Wednesday and given food, clothing, medical care, cash, and housing at Camp Edwards for the next 30-60 days in a massive undertaking announced yesterday by Governor Mitt Romney and the Massachusetts National Guard.

.....After flying into Otis, the evacuees will be handed ID cards or bracelets ...

He said the operation will need teachers to run the school on the base and law enforcement officers to patrol the border between the evacuees' living quarters and surrounding military operations.

''The key at this point for our municipal officials is to make sure everything is coordinated through the state,"

Already yesterday, teams at Edwards were sweeping barracks, making beds, and setting up a security perimeter.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

State-By-State Index Of Potential
US Concentration Camps
CONCENTRATION CAMPS IN AMERICA

Revised September 18, 2001
11-26-1

……………..MASSACHUSETTS Camp Edwards / Otis AFB - Cape Cod - This "inactive" base is being converted to hold many New Englander patriots. Capacity unknown.

www.rense.com...

[edit on 10-9-2005 by Amuk]

[edit on 10-9-2005 by porkchop1969]

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 11:04 PM
link   
my first post here and i think i did a no-no by posting the whole article...oops

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by porkchop1969
my first post here and i think i did a no-no by posting the whole article...oops

Just edit your post. Delete all but say the first paragraph or so, and then just give a link.

You can fix it.

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I edited it for him

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Hi there, think it would be easier to help show his problem and he could then edit it by himself?

Oh Amuk so simple to allow Members to help themselves under your influence -- yes?

Dallas

What does not kill you makes you stronger,
as Amuk says.

[edit on 10-9-2005 by Dallas]

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dallas
Hi there, think it would be easier to help show his problem and he could then edit it by himself?

Oh Amuk so simple to allow Members to help themselves under your influence -- yes?

I dont know what your problem with me is tonight but you need to take it off thread.

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I did a re-edit to highlight a few lines that I don't think should be overlooked.

I'm a she btw

Niced to meet you

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 11:37 PM
link   

I'm a she btw

Niced to meet you

Welcome to the Board

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 11:38 PM
link   
VERY interesting. Thanks porkchop, good find.

Great edit AMUK - especially that line about "identification cards or bracelets." But maybe tattoos would be better, with an imbedded electronic device? What are those things called again?

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
Great edit AMUK -

I just chopped it down, she came back and re-edited it

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Well you did well and there are always rules needing to be watched. I get clipped too. And ATS is good place to be overhaul.

I think 40K Members was last I heard?

Dallas

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 12:23 AM
link   
i think this is what u will see...evacuees being given 'new' id's..even though they probably already have id. why give them new ones.....if they do? well, it would be a great trail for new types of id cards. up here in MN...our Natl Gaurd Training center was all ready to recieve 2000 evacuees...but for some reason they decided not to send them up here..
it seems that there has been alot of..'we are gunna send you evacuess',,but then they change there mind. i wonder what has changed there minds???????

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
VERY interesting. Thanks porkchop, good find.

Great edit AMUK - especially that line about "identification cards or bracelets." But maybe tattoos would be better, with an imbedded electronic device? What are those things called again?

RFID - Radio Frequency IDentification

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Nice to meet ya'll, glad to be here.

More buzz on the same subject....

NYTimes

...Officials announced today that they're exploring opening new shelters so that Louisianans could return home from other states, particularly Texas, if they wished to do so. Two possibilities are Camp Minden, a former Army munitions plant in Pineville, and the England Industrial Airpark, a former Air Force base in Alexandria.

www.webwarrior.net...

Just thinkin' out loud here, but many of these 'evacuees', if they are coming from the astrodome, obviously don't have friends or family to stay with, these are the most destitute people. Once they disperss them to these various camps.....it wouldn't be hard to make people like this disappear.......if they don't have friends or family............

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 02:08 AM
link   
The latest I heard was that most of these evacuees have decided against coming to Massachusetts because it is too different than their native LA. Notice I said that the evacuees have decided against it, of their own free will. Hardly sounds like a grand scheme to "make them disappear".

Are you from Massachusetts, porkchop1969? I lived there for 20 years and currently live 20 miles from it's border. Do you know who the politicians are that control Mass.? Mayor Tom Menino. Governor Mitt Romney. And US Senators Ted Kennedy and John Kerry. You are fortunate to have such a capable governor- can't say much for your Senators - but none of these men would be part of any scheme to make evacuees "disappear". Especially the Senators - two of the most liberal bleeding hearts in US politics.

Otis AFB is a poor choice anyway, since it's down on the Cape, which closes up for the winter (no jobs), and was under consideration only because of the recent BRAC decision to close it down.
It hardly qualifies as a concentration camp.

[edit on 11-9-2005 by jsobecky]

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Well, I think Mr. jsobecky pretty much debunked and digitially bich slapped any support of the "detainment camp" camp idea. I mean come on people, Otis Air Force Base, out of all places.

And...

This story and these people are too much in the media and spotlights for the G-Men to come along and mysteriously make a few thousand people "disappear" from the face of the earth....as GHB would say, "Not gonna do it....just cant do it...not gonna happen"

EDIT: changed containment to detainment, thanks for the heads up

[edit on 11/9/2005 by SportyMB]

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 03:22 AM
link   
ahem...excuse me......correction..... 'detainment' camps

Why military bases? Or talk of them being sent to remote locations?

Why a 'security perimeter'?

Why "law enforcement officers to patrol the border between the evacuees' living quarters and surrounding military operations"?

Are these not free citizens??

You need not agree with me in regard to the direction america is going..........that's fine. I know there are others who see what I am seeing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Refugees from New Orleans behind barbed wire in Utah

Sept. 6, 2005 [Day 9]

Utah's Governor Jon Huntsman has taken in some of the New Orleans refugees, at Camp Williams. Replete with barbed wire, armed soldiers with weapons at ready, police and sheriff with weapons at ready, and hell, they must surely feel right at home. In America yet. What bull#! I'm not done with this outrage, not by a long shot. I'm actually just getting started.

....The Hurricane Katrina insurgency from New Orleans is tucked safely away behind the 6-foot chain link fence with the accommodating barb wire atop chain links. The ONLY entry into Detention Camp Utah is through the highly secure military gates that are guarded by armed military guards twenty four seven.

The ONLY access to the New Orleans insurgency is granted to military, government officials, and MAINSTREAM media.

The armed military guards at the military gates will not take nor answer any questions regarding the New Orleans insurgency. ..... Only officially cleared personnel can access the New Orleans insurgency.

Detention Camp Utah is located about 20 miles from downtown civilization. There is no transportation, public or otherwise, for the New Orleans insurgency. Supposedly, it has been reported by one local media concern that there will be twice-daily bus service available to "cleared" insurgents.

.....Detention Camp Utah is a windblown and barren military installation atop the foothills of what is known as the Oquirrh (pronounced ochre) Mountains. It is isolated and surely quiet.

What a pleasant spot for those that were relocated by the U.S. military and the New Orleans insurgency weren't even told where it was they were being shipped to. Not a one of the refugees/insurgents were told they were being sent to Utah. What a freaking shock that must have been.

www.unknownnews.org...

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Why "law enforcement officers to patrol the border between the evacuees' living quarters and surrounding military operations"?

Are these not free citizens??

Just becuase they are American Citizens does not mean they can roam free on a militray base, just like you cannot roam free in the pentagon or the whitehouse, or Langley. These are guarded bases, that's why service mebers and employees have to show ID's when entering. And some parts of the base might be secured and off limits.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 03:45 AM
link   
The miltary should not be policing, guarding, or detaining US citizens.

This is not a good thing......no matter how they try to spin it.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 03:48 AM
link   

The miltary should not be policing, guarding, or detaining US citizens.

This is not a good thing......no matter how they try to spin it.

Why not? I'm a U.S. citizen, and when I go to U.S. military bases I get policed, guarded, and detained by the US military. The same would apply to any US citizen (or anyone at all) who was in one. As someone else here mentioned, you can't have civilians running free in a military base.

-koji K.

[edit on 11-9-2005 by koji_K]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join