It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pendulum

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Experience with the pendulum i had is just amazing!! Could anyone tell me, about accuracy of this device, and what influences it? the subconsicous mind? Or does the subconscious mind influence events? similar to a ouijia board?

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 09:34 PM
link   
What exactly, experiance did you just have?

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I've played around with a pendulum before with mixed results. I think you can tap into a higher consciousness, but I also think the higher consciousness can come from yourself and not an outside source, so yeah it's the subconsciousness that influences it in the majority of cases, but occassionally true divination can occur.

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 11:44 PM
link   
All Divination techniques work the same way. You present a randomized tool that can be influenced by your SubCon to allow it to show you what you need to see.

Some people prefer to use a fancy term like Higher Self, but whatever name you use it is still something inside of you. The notion that outside 'spirits' are involved is just old superstitious thinking.

You must be prepared to accept whatever answer is presented, your own preconceptions are the main problem that can prevent any of the tools from working properly. I have seen this most often in the use of Tarot Cards where the person's desire for a particular response affects not only the cards that come up, but also the interpretation that is then made of them.

The power we all have inside of us is nothing short of awesome. Our rational mind can not keep track of the exact location of every card in a deck as it is shuffled, but our SubCon can, and does.

A.T
(-)

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I love using the pendulum, and as a kid used to use it quite often. The stuff you can find out is amazing and from my experience there is no way it can be false. Even things like dates you can reduce by a use and no and watching the rotation of the string.

However a school teacher once said to me that your sub conscious moves the string. Apparently its been worked out by filming people who use the pendulum, and very small movements that your hardly aware of (let alone able to stop) is what is responsible for making it move and change direction ect.

But it doesn’t surprise me; and neither does it make any difference to my faith in it.
Sure you will get wrong answers every now and again, but mostly when you haven't bothered to clear your mind. Also most wrong answers happen on occasions when you’re not getting much of a response from it in the first place.
Also some people say any weight can be used. Well maybe; but i always got best results from a crystal as a weight (quartz or something), on a silver chain.
Personally i would never use a Ouija board because of their reputation, what i want to know is why the pendulum is so much safer?

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Take the pendulum in your right thumb and index finger.

On a piece of paper write: no/yes

Ask it a yes or no question. I guarantee you whichever way the pendulum swings that will be your answer. I do it a lot. I dont know where the information comes from, i guess from within because YOU know the answer already.

Dont have a pendulum? take a pen and hold it over the yes or no by the very tip.

The only times its given me incorrect answers has been only what seems temporarily incorrect, but in the long run its come true.

No, I'm not weird.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Personally i would never use a Ouija board because of their reputation, what i want to know is why the pendulum is so much safer?

Ignorance and Superstition mostly are what make people fear the OuiJa boards. They are no more dangerous than the Pendulum if used correctly.

In times past people believed that 'spirits' were what powered the boards. And even today people use them with that idea in mind. If they are used in the same manner as you approach the Pendulum they are just as safe.

What you are doing is accessing the whole of your SubCon to direct the Pendulum to show you the answer you seek. When people call upon a 'spirit' they are really opening up only a specific part of their Minds, and depending on their own beliefs and inner fears it might not be such a nice part.

It is this association with 'spirits' that causes the problems that have come to be connected to OuiJa boards. If you avoid that and just use it as a tool for learning it is quite safe.

A.T
(-)

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 02:05 AM
link   
most of the time they do not work but if the right people play around on them they run a BIG chance of bring some thing evil through. If that happens you will have a hard time getting rid of it. But if you still want to play around on a ouija board say the lords prayer first that way you have a 50% chance the the spirit being good and a 50% of it being evil. I presonly have only had the Ouija board only work one time. I moved so fast across the board that all of my friends could not keep their hands on it. We very quickly stopped and I have never touched one again.

[edit on 12-9-2005 by damaera]

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Well Liberal you were wondering why OuiJa boards have the reputation they do, the post above by Damaera is a perfect example.

No insult intended Damaera, but what you said shows me that you do not have any idea whatsoever about how the OuiJa, or any other Divination tool works. Your approach is not even consistant with traditional Spiritual practices, and not surprisingly, your results were bad.

Although in truth you were lucky, based on the way you approached the use of the Board you could have easily had a much more terrifiying experience. It would not have been an 'evil spirit' of course but rather a part of yourself filled with anger and hate, but the result would have been the same regardless.

Instead at least one of you have a Higher Self that acted to protect you. It did it in a way that while a little scary was much less terrifying than what could have happened.

I have heard such stories many times, fortunatly I know of many others of a much more positive nature. People who researched the proper way to use the OuiJa and who were able to learn things that were helpful and insightful.

I guess ultimately tools like the Pendulum are safer because they are less popular. Fewer people attempt to make use of them, and those that do spend more time learning how to do it properly. I sometimes wonder if the people who make sure the OuiJa is mass-marketed are really doing us all a favor by keeping it out there. I know they do it because they feel the tools should be easily available, but marketing it as a 'game' does lead people to approach it without the proper knowledge.

A.T
(-)

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Ok, what if you go to a experienced fortune teller, who have the workings of the ouija board, and attempts to give you a ouija reading? will a good spirit inhabit it?

The experience, with the pendulum, I had was about a specific person, and event, it actually came about, i dunno that same evening( i am just summarizing my experience in short)

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Ok, what if you go to a experienced fortune teller, who have the workings of the ouija board, and attempts to give you a ouija reading? will a good spirit inhabit it?

I had hoped that someone else would respond to this since I have made it clear I do not think 'spirits' have anything to do with it.

I do not recommend that anyone go to someone who does this sort of thing for money. First of all most of the people who do are frauds. Second, the fact that you take money tends to obligate you to say something the person wants to hear and this inhibits an honest reading.

It is much better to do this sort of thing for yourself. Want to know more about your life, pick up a deck of Tarot Cards and practice, it is really not that hard to get the hang of using them. Read the book only enough to get the idea of how you assign basic meaning, but then toss it away. What matters most is what you see when you look at the cards, that is how your SubCon will communicate with you.

The cards are easy because you can test them, ask questions to which you know the answer. When the card show you what you already know to be true you will know you are getting the hang of them. That really is their purpose, self-knowledge. The reason they can be used to see into the future is that if you really understand something you can predict things about that thing to a limited degree.

But all predictions are mutable, the actions one takes can change them, or cause them to come to pass.

A.T
(-)

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 12:43 AM
link   
it was amazing how it works..i tried it for the first time..i made one out of a silver chain and an aquarious talismon(im aqua.)...it was interesting..waching it and feeling it pull to one direction..and then just sit there untill i was done with the question..it would just swing right back to the middle and stop on the spot...lol i had some fun with it though...i imagined it swinging back and forth..and to my suprise it did exactly that...it couldnt have been my hands shaking..because i was waching my hand most of the time to make sure...glad i found this one out..im goin to use it more often..i use a tarot deck....but usualy do myself a reading when i am more intuned...~Kiliker

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Coincidentally I have recent successful experience with this technique, which I had never tried till taught a week or so ago. I used a ring with a long history and significance.

I do believe, still, it's subconscious thought leading to a fine motor movement that brings about the result that you probably knew anyway.

BTW it seems to bring about a clockwise or counterclockwise circular movement and I am given to understand that simple side to side movement is a no-result. Is that "right"?

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 08:54 AM
link   
MA, I don't think everyone's "yes" and "no" are exactly the same. But usually the side to side is interpreted as a no.

My "no" is a side to side movement
My "yes" is a clockwise circle
My "try again" "don't know" is usually starts counter clockwise and then go clockwise, then side to side and back again.

try asking yes and no answers to questions you know and record your answers, you know for sure how to interpret the movements of your pendulum then.

top topics

join