It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush's Wife Doesn't Know the Hurricane's Name

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by RyanC
I agree with jsobecky's point that Laura Bush is not an elected official, so there's no point to giving her too much grief about it (even though it's fun), but as to the point that she is a "decent,caring " person---that's a rather big assumption to make if you don't actually know her, isn't it? I mean, she looks to me like a real-life version of a Stepford Wife, but since I don't know her, I really can only say that is how she seems to me, I can't say she definitely is one way or another.
---Ryan

You certainly don't have to know someone to judge their personality. You may get your kicks by knocking her or by saying "I mean, she looks to me like a real-life version of a Stepford Wife", but I find that puerile.

Btw, you should not make assumptions about who someone does or does not know.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   
The first time she says karina, she keeps going like nothing is wrong, smiley and cheerful. Is she aware she messed up? I wouldn't say so judging by that video.

The second time, she temporarily forgets the name. Why would this happen? I'll tell you why, because she has been "under a rock" concerning the issue. The reason it slipped from her memory is because the word hasn't come up much in her environment. It is not a reinforced word. She has not seen it or heard it much. Hypocritical at the very least, since she is talking about helping victims. Then when she finally pulls up the word, it's "karina" again. This tells me that she actually thinks the name of the hurricane is karina. Argument reinforced.

People are too caught up thinking "oh but she's such a sweetie," that they aren't thinking about the actual issue.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Bush Fishing in Big Easy?

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
Here's a video of the First Lady urging those affected by Hurricane "???" to look after their children.

Hurricane Carina? Corona? Kuleener?

Just goes to show how much those at the top really care about this whole disaster. I miss the days when Reagan was POTUS...at least he was an actor and could pretend he cared with some measure of believability.

[edit on 2005-9-10 by wecomeinpeace]

Curious why the original poster refered to her as "Bush's wife" and "The First lady" .....

Did he forget her name?

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacesounds
The first time she says karina, she keeps going like nothing is wrong, smiley and cheerful. Is she aware she messed up? I wouldn't say so judging by that video.

Internally, she knows she has made a mistake.

The second time, she temporarily forgets the name. Why would this happen?

Because she knew she had made a mistake, and was determined to get it right the next time around. Unfortunately, she is just a human and made a second mistake., evident by her stammering.

I'll tell you why, because she has been "under a rock" concerning the issue. The reason it slipped from her memory is because the word hasn't come up much in her environment. It is not a reinforced word. She has not seen it or heard it much. Hypocritical at the very least, since she is talking about helping victims.

And you know this how?

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Jsobecky, i love your new avatar

I think this thread is getting too petty... but why do you take such offense at shots at the first lady?

My goodness, Look at what Hillary had to put up with. If its good for the goose its got to be good for the gander...thick ankles, fat, homely, a bit--, hillbilly, stand by her man idiot a la Tammy Wynnette....And its never let up..

I think for the most part Mrs Bush (Barbara, is it?) has had support from all of us. Perhaps poor taste in men, but nevertheless a good provider...

Its not so bad..

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 09:19 PM
link   
It is weird that she appears to forget the name of the storm itself.....she did apparently manage to say she was 'disgusted' by the criticism the Bush admin. was getting about the handling of the relief effort (reported on AOL).......now, I could understand her being upset, hurt, or disturbed.....but disgusted ? I thought that was a poor choice of words, considering what some people have had to deal with.

Now remember, she is a teacher, a librarian yet, so her "business" is words, in a manner of speaking.....and she normally is relatively well spoken....so why the difficulty in choosing or "finding" the right one??? Was it Loam that said "Wonder if there is something else going on?"......Is there something distracting her, something we're not privy to??

(dg, I'm not sure they'll get that one!.....many more faux pas, and I will begin to wonder if she is a Babs clone!)

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 11:01 PM
link   
A simple mistake on T.V....

...big deal; does this mean that she doesn't care about it? No.

Petty, so very petty. Why is this not on BTS???

[edit on 12-9-2005 by Boatphone]

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 11:09 PM
link   
What an unfortunate signature quote you have from a silly 12 year old liberal...Its not representative of how liberals are.

Like i said in another thread they proably call this storm around the White House "Operation Wipeout" and mrs Bush simply got confused.

That should tell you never to make fun of people by calling them names, you could get confused!!!

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Your post is a bit unclear but, I agree that "Liberal1984" is very silly to support Saddam.

And I'm not sure what you mean about the White House calling it "operation wipeout", I believe only a silly 12 year liberal would ever think that could be true...

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I liked the twist and spins. Thats what its all about...twists and spins and lies.

Over and out. Have a good night

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Loats of twists and spins here, and while the subject matter is not as relevant as others, it is a lively thread, By the way, the "I support Saddam" line---you know that could have appleid to George Bush 1 right up until the time of the first Gulf War,right? He was "our boy" for a lot of years, anyone who has seen the photos of Rumsfled shaking hands with him after greasing the wheels to get chemical weapons sent to him---the same ones we later excoriated him for using---knows that.
---Ryan

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by RyanC
Loats of twists and spins here, and while the subject matter is not as relevant as others, it is a lively thread, By the way, the "I support Saddam" line---you know that could have appleid to George Bush 1 right up until the time of the first Gulf War,right? He was "our boy" for a lot of years, anyone who has seen the photos of Rumsfled shaking hands with him after greasing the wheels to get chemical weapons sent to him---the same ones we later excoriated him for using---knows that.
---Ryan

Bush 1 supported Saddam to manipulate the region's instability and create a future conflict that would elevate the stature of America in the public opinion of the world. We, the people of America, are ultimatley responsible for the actions of our government, or this is not a democracy. It benefitted us to take stock in the future of the region and create wars and suspicions amongst neighbors there so they would be killing eachother, and worry more about their immediate neighbors, so it would draw their attention from us. Remember, we were selling armaments, secrets, and weaponry to both Iraq and Iran prior to their war, and during it. Whatever it took to keep them at war for a decade was beneficial for us, because it is better from our perspective to keep them killing eachother, than us.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I agree with what you say in your post, ET, and I'm sure we did indeed manipulate both sides in that war, as we have in many occasions in the past,and as we are right now in the bogus "war on terrorism." We the people are indeed responsible for the actions of our government, so what will take before we finally say "enough?" Will peak oil do it(assuming it is a real phenomenon)? Will one more huge natural disaster? Will one more obviously phony terrorist attack? What will it take until we finally have enough of the open criminality of our government and its foreign and domestic policies, and its genocidal and evil covert operations?
---Ryan

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Jsobecky, i love your new avatar

I think this thread is getting too petty... but why do you take such offense at shots at the first lady?

My goodness, Look at what Hillary had to put up with. If its good for the goose its got to be good for the gander...thick ankles, fat, homely, a bit--, hillbilly, stand by her man idiot a la Tammy Wynnette....And its never let up..

I think for the most part Mrs Bush (Barbara, is it?) has had support from all of us. Perhaps poor taste in men, but nevertheless a good provider...

Its not so bad..

It always irks me to hear people say that it's "fun" to attack other people. And I find it harder and harder to tolerate what comes across as hatred. I guess I'm just getting tired of it, is all. I should just walk away.

Btw, it's Laura. Barbara is his mother.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Why politicize this?

This isn't about party politics.

The simple fact is that it wasn't just a slip up...she really didn't know the storm's name. This just shows that she isn't really living in the real world, and has NO idea what's happening in it. Yes, it is a big deal, when you're the first lady of the most powerful nation on Earth. This would be like saying 912 instead of 911.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 10:02 AM
link   
912 instead of 911---that's pretty good! Of course, the sycophants of TeamBush never get that wrong, do they---I mean, they still repeat September 11th like a mantra, since they seem to think it gives them free license to follow any course of action they want.
---Ryan

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 06:57 PM
link   
MSNBC just had a news conference about hurricane Ophelia (sp?) from the national Hurricane forcast center and guess what? The head of the forcast also mispronouced Katrina, He said Orina so you bashers can take it and put it you know where.

Posted to prove that the first lady like everyone else on earth is human

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join