Bush's Wife Doesn't Know the Hurricane's Name

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
I find it offensive that the First Lady of America doesn't know the name of the most devastating storm to hit the United States this century

Forget politics and which party her husband is from, the First Lady of the United States should damn well know the name Katrina.

Maybe she's right and we're wrong. Maybe it was Korina all along. Maybe that's why it snuck up on us the way it did.

[edit on 9-10-2005 by Valhall]

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Personally, I belive it is demonstrative of just how out of touch this administration truly is... If only I had some other examples to substantiate this... Oh wait!... I do!

1. August 31st: More than a full day AFTER the levees break, and in the absence of any federal relief, President Bush finally grabs the reigns and leaves Arizona... for San Diego, where he accepts a guitar from country singer Mark Wills.

2. September 1st: More than 48 hours after the national news media began broadcasting the plight of the evacuees stranded without food and water at the convention center, the head of FEMA tells not one, but several members of the naitonal media, on national live television, that they only became aware of the situation that day.

3. September 2nd: Bush prasies Michael Brown: "Brownie, you're doing a fine job!"

4. September 2nd: In response to congresswoman Nancy Pelosi's crticisms of the delay in initiating federal relief efforts, Bush asks, "What went wrong?"

5. September 3rd: First Lady Bush congratulates FEMA, saying they are doing a "great job across the board."

Ohhh... I would be remiss if I didn't mention one other date: August 26th, the day Gov. Blanco requested FEMA assistance via FEMA protocol. No, our "leaders" aren't out of touch whatsoever...

This I'm afraid, is the sad yet inevitable consequence of an institutionalized "zero accountability" policy. One day, you're simply feeling good that everyone around you tells you, "yes sir!" Next thing you know, your getting information updates from this guy:

Source references available all over this forum.

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I agree World Watcher. How could she not know it? Shows the isolation of a certain class of people.

And for the record calling Aaron Broussard a "drama queen" is really stooping to a new low.

PS: Please stop the one-line responses in this thread. A few of you have already been penalised.

link   
I suppose your post has something to do with the subject matter? What am I missing within your thoughts? There must be some thought as to Mrs laura Bush's possible mis-Id of the title name of the disaster that hit a few gulf states --yes?

Dallas

[edit on 10-9-2005 by Dallas]

link   

djohnsto77 wrote:
but I just think that guy is a drama queen...anyway he did praise the gov't today.
But I saw the full news conference and he spoke in quite glowing terms about "the highest levels of the federal government"

Actually, even in his emotional state, the majority of his ire and frustration was directed at FEMA rather than the Bush admin bigwigs, and he has maintained that stance:

www.mercurynews.com...
Jefferson Parish president Aaron Broussard called Allen the perfect choice for the job. "Once they put a military man in charge, I knew this would instantly be better."

Still, Bush and Co. do have a responsibility to hire the right person for the job. These are not janitor's positions we're talking about here, and mindless nepotism can cost the lives of thousands as we have seen. Furthermore, there needs to be a lot of investigation done into the reports of aid and relief efforts being actively hampered/refused.

djohnsto77 wrote:
Sorry wcip

No worries, mate.

Originally posted by worldwatcher
Forget politics and which party her husband is from, the First Lady of the United States should damn well know the name Katrina.

Agreed.

[edit on 2005-9-10 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Come on people this is ridiculous to criticize the first lady for mispronouncing a name. Everyone does it from time to time and that includes me and you, no one is perfect Geez :shk:

If you watch the clip more then once it looks like at first she is reading from a teleprompter (for all anyone knows some bozo may have misspelled in on the prompter) then she faces to the her right or our left and she clearly stutters when saying the word.

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Geesh...I guess this goes to show just how much this disaster has been on their "minds".

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots
Come on people this is ridiculous to criticize the first lady for mispronouncing a name. Everyone does it from time to time and that includes me and you, no one is perfect Geez :shk:

It's not like we're criticizing her for wearing white after Labor Day or something. As sdrumrunner said, it's indicative of the gulf between the administration and the people.

Someone else said they wonder what else is going on, something bigger? The same thing occurred to me. Like perhaps they haven't really been paying attention to this whole thing because of some other distraction that we have yet to find out about.

Just because I'm paranoid, doesn't mean they're not after me.

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   

*Woman of limited moral values*

Amuk, that's priceless. If there were a Way Above Moderating Award, I'd vote you for that one.

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace

*Woman of limited moral values*

Amuk, that's priceless. If there were a Way Above Moderating Award, I'd vote you for that one.

Give it to Kinglizard it was his Idea

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Perhaps Laura, like her mom-in-law has a beautiful mind and can't waste it on such mundane things as a little 'ole name.

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Karina , Katrina

She just left the cross out.

Maybe this upcoming day of prayer will appease GOD not to send another act of GOD.

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Here's another little interesting story involving the federal bigwigs and some interesting...language:

Physician who told Cheney to go #%$@ Himself Lost his Home in Katrina, Detained, Cuffed by Cheney's M-16-carrying Goons
"So we grabbed my Canon digital rebel and my Sony videocamera and started walking down the street," Marble wrote. "And then right in front of the destroyed tennis court I used to play on Dick Cheney was giving a pep rally, talking to the press. The Secret Service guys patted us down and waved the wands over us, and then let us pass."
As he stood about 10 feet away from Cheney and his friend and some camera operators from CNN and other media filmed the scene, Marble suddenly yelled, "Go ---- yourself, Mr. Cheney! Go ----yourself, you -------!"
"I had no intention of harming anyone but merely wanted to echo Mr. Cheney's infamous words back at him," Marble wrote. "At that moment, I noticed the Secret Service guys with a panic-stricken look on their faces, like they were about to tackle me, so I calmly walked away back to my former house."
His friend videotaped a little bit longer and then came back to Marble’s house. As they were salvaging a few things from Marble's home, two military police waving M-16's showed up and said they were looking
for someone who fit Marble's description who had cursed at Cheney.

Strike one up for Senator Pat Leahy.

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdrumrunner
Personally, I belive it is demonstrative of just how out of touch this administration truly is... If only I had some other examples to substantiate this... Oh wait!... I do!

Me too.

From Real Time with Bill Maher (spelling?):

Under this administrations watch we have lost:

4 Airplanes
2 World Trade Centers
*300+ Firefighters
Allies too numerous to mention
*our right to board an airplane with a lighter or a fingernail clipper
many other rights
and now our 35th largest city, New Orleans

Oh, and 200 BILLION dollars in the cresent of civilization.

[edit on 10-9-2005 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Go back to sleep Laura. Go back under your rock with your mother-in-law Marie Antoinette.

It's only national (and likely world) news. We'll wake you up when something important happens....

(Note the sarcasm.)

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Ouch this is something else! Maybe they have a code name for Katrina in the White House, like Operation1007? Or maybe her "beautiful mind" forgets the name so as to not have to be troubled by any thoughts of it?

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Or maybe her "beautiful mind" forgets the name so as to not have to be troubled by any thoughts of it?

I think it's Barbara Bush with the "beautiful mind." Laura's the one who forgot/didn't know Katrina's name.

Then again, they're both clueless.

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 09:37 PM
link   
They're birds of the same feather...As they gather for tea, they just roll their eyes and do not mention "names" or current problems. Its disturbing to both of them!

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Dunno about clueless, seems to me they both married to be Presidents of the United States and met well in my little definition of great First Ladies.

Hopefully one will run in the next election and may be a strong candidate for the next President of the United States. Only if past President Clinton does not decide to run though -- I think. Assuming he can now run for a third non-joining term?

Dallas

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dallas

Only if past President Clinton does not decide to run though -- I think. Assuming he can now run for a third non-joining term?

Dallas

I looked at the Twenty-second Amendment. It's two terms period. Doesn't matter if it's consecutive or not. That amendment was passed at the end of FDR's time or after it...don't know the exact date.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join