It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush's Wife Doesn't Know the Hurricane's Name

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Here's a video of the First Lady urging those affected by Hurricane "???" to look after their children.

Hurricane Carina? Corona? Kuleener?

Just goes to show how much those at the top really care about this whole disaster. I miss the days when Reagan was POTUS...at least he was an actor and could pretend he cared with some measure of believability.

[edit on 2005-9-10 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   
What a dense *Woman of limited moral values*, just like her Sleeper President of a husband.

[edit on 10-9-2005 by Amuk]

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Dunno, but seems to me if any one super White House figure can be allowed a mistake it surely must be Mrs Laura Bush.

Perhap's I may stand somewhat alone here but I don't mind at all when it comes to Laura Bush.

Dallas

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   
To be honest, I can’t see how anyone in America and most of the world would not know the name of this storm by now.

To me it seems more as if she is struggling with the word, perhaps a speech impediment.

Why politicize this?

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz
To be honest, I can’t see how anyone in America and most of the world would not know the name of this storm by now.

To me it seems more as if she is struggling with the word, perhaps a speech impediment.

Why politicize this?

A speach impediment???HAHAHAHAHA
thats rich.

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz

A speech impediment? I've never heard of a speech impediment where people miss out 'T's or only stutter on one word. Well, except for that guy in South Park who had a rare disease that prevented him from pronouncing the 't' in planetarium.

"Welcome to the plane-...arium."

[edit on 2005-9-10 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I'm sure Lady Bush will have a great sigh about, and explain. Just before she Accepts the republican nom for Pres next pre-election.

Dallas

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Man! What are these people doing for the past 2 weeks?

I hear you, though, Dallas. Laura Bush kind of reminds me of John McCain. I like her. She seems sensible enough and it even seems like she has integrity, yet she remains loyal to that imbecile-of-a-husband of hers. I just don't get it. She seems smarter, more honest than that.

I would think if it was a speech impediment we would have noticed before now...

Maybe she got into some of George's meds...

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 07:45 PM
link   
What a silly thread, who cares what the First Lady says, she has no power?

BTW, wecomeinpeace your hero in your avatar just praised the Bush administration today, so you might want to change it.

[edit on 9/10/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Actually, this video continues to reinforce a general and odd feeling I have had throughout this entire affair.

It seems inconceivable the languid federal response. Over and over again, officials at the top seem 'out of the loop' or 'preoccupied' in surprising and unexplainable ways- almost as if something 'else' important has been happening.

Laura Bush is an articulate, intelligent women well versed in a wide array of issues. This seems so off for her, and much more than a simple slip of the tongue or failure to recall a name.

What gives? Could something else 'big' be happening?

I'm sure the answer is no, but it's just as hard to believe all the incompetencies and bumblings we have witnessed these past ten days.

Weird....very weird.

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
BTW, wecomeinpeace your hero in your avatar just praised the Bush administration today, so you might want to change it.

Firstly he's not my "hero", and secondly, why would I want to change it? He's a credible witness to the events as they unfolded, both from an administrative and from a direct experience point of view. If he has something to say that shows the Bush admin didn't drop the ball as badly as it appears they did, then I'd love to see it. Do you have a link?

What's with the acerbic reply, dj? Not like you...

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Do the Bush's even live in the United States and consider themselves Americans? I'm really starting to wonder...

And someone tell George to roll down his sleeves, he looks like a moron.

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Just wondering, and let's forget the questions marks for a post, what are you trying to say here anyway?

Dallas

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I would have though it was completely obvious what he meant, he might draw you a picture diagram if you ask him though......

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dallas

Just wondering, and let's forget the questions marks for a post, what are you trying to say here anyway?

Dallas

Just saying they seem quite disconnected from the American experience and consciousness.

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Thanks for that Curiouskeptic. Seems some of us are being serious while others are being smart-A__.

Dallas

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
Firstly he's not my "hero", and secondly, why would I want to change it? He's a credible witness to the events as they unfolded, both from an administrative and from a direct experience point of view. If he has something to say that shows the Bush admin didn't drop the ball as badly as it appears they did, then I'd love to see it. Do you have a link?

What's with the acerbic reply, dj? Not like you...

Sorry wcip, but I just think that guy is a drama queen...anyway he did praise the gov't today. The best source I can find is this:

Jefferson Parish president Aaron Broussard called Allen the perfect choice for the job. "Once they put a military man in charge, I knew this would instantly be better."

www.mercurynews.com...

But I saw the full news conference and he spoke in quite glowing terms about "the highest levels of the federal government"

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dallas

Thanks for that Curiouskeptic. Seems some of us are being serious while others are being smart-A__.

Dallas

Glad I could help, I think I have a gift for pointing out the obvious.

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   
She said the wrong name more than once. I just don't get it.

Oh, and the hero just like Nagin are probably being forced to say nice things now...or OFF WITH THEIR HEADS.

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I find it offensive that the First Lady of America doesn't know the name of the most devastating storm to hit the United States this century

Forget politics and which party her husband is from, the First Lady of the United States should damn well know the name Katrina.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join