It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's: Seening is Believing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Hi, I wanted to start a post about this show on the National Geographic channel. I've seen a lot of the UFO shows on the History channel and SciFi, but I didn't know NG channel had UFO shows.

It isn't on yet here for me, it will be coming on in almost 1 hour but I will post after I see it. If anyone has seen it and wants to comment on the show, I'd like to hear.

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 07:44 PM
link   
This special was first aired on ABC back in Febuary. It is the Peter Jennings special that we talked about in this thread here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

A lot of members were quite upset with it.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   
It was quite upsetting especially since I have had a sighting. It had some good points but I have learned the difference between sleep paralysis and abduction experiences first hand... there is a difference. The NG UFO Seeing is Believing special was embarrassing... it was a very bias view on life elsewhere and there was a looming ignorance about it.

I watched it last night and it made me feel almost guilty for talking about my own very personal experiences.

I will post my sighting in the same form I posted on UFOevidence, an unmediated hoax proliferating site... it will be nice to get some honest feedback on it finally from friends here on ATS.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Ive only seen one ufo show on NGC which was called "UFOs is it real?".

It was horrendous.
They only showed a few examples of identified/hoaxed UFOs, ignoring any cases where UFOs are actually unidentified. It was extremely boring to watch them analyse UFO cases of which everyone already knows they are fake. U could compare it with a show on cropcircles, where they investigate a circle with "vote for tony blair" written on it, and interview the artist group that created it and then conclude that all cropcircles are fake.

For the abduction explanation they brought up Susan Clancy, who said it was all sleep paralysis and flatout lied when she said:

"Ive never heard of an abductee that didnt experience his/her abduction while sleeping in his/her bed."

The show did not leave any doubt that UFOs or abductions might actually be real, giving a distorted view of reality.

I can only imagine the scores of uninformed people who, after watching this show, actually believe that all UFOs are hoaxed and all abductions are a sleep disorder. After all, their NGC said so, so it must be true.

[edit on 11-9-2005 by plop]

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I didn't know this was part of another thread and forgot it was with Peter, but I want to comment on it anyway. I don't see why do manny people were upset with it. They bassically said at the begging and end of the shows life is out there and alies ARE real, believe it or not. But yes they did deny a "shadow gov" which I say is a good thing because the need for a behind the scenes gov is needed. Id it's real its they good denied it. Other than that, after this show being on CBS and then NG is a good thing. I will say it is good again because they basically are coming out and saying now that YES, ALIENS ARE REAL, THEY ARE HERE! WAKE UP! So this show by Peter ewas a good thing.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Not sure if you saw, "Seeing is Believing", SpilledBeans. The show was one ridiculing remark after another. They implied that ALL abduction experiences were nothing more than sleep paralysis or hokey hypnotist implanted memories and that the majority of UFO sightings were the moon. It was, again, just plain ignorant. They had a guy from SETI on saying, "If I thought aliens were already here why would I be doing this?" I understand they wanted to present a balanced view but seriously... that guy wouldn't have a job for all the credible sightings including those by people in the government and military.

Also, along the lines of Roswell, I've always been a little touchy with that. They went into great detail about how the Roswell factor was hyped up by writers and how people made money off of it. That's all very true, it was hyped. Something may have happened but maybe not. I wasn't there. I'm in no position to say one way or another.

There were aspects of the NG show that tied UFOs to faith. Indeed many who have not had sightings and even some who have rely on some measure of faith to believe that aliens are actually piloting theses vehicles. It’s a logical assumption. Allow me to tout the skeptics view and say that just because something can’t be explained doesn’t mean that it’s aliens. But still to compare UFOs and aliens to religion is stretching the rubber band a little far.

I suggest a watch of the Disclosure Project for anyone in unwavering agreement with skeptics and the majority of “Seeing is believing.”

On a lighter note I'd like to think aliens have already let the world know that they are here, they are just really really shy.

top topics

join