It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

H.A.A.R.P.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I was searching on of my favorite websites and I found this article on H.A.A.R.P.I dont know if you guys have read it but here it is.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

H.A.A.R.P. It's not only greenhouse gas emissions: Washington's new world order weapons have the ability to trigger climate change.

By Michel Chossudovsky - Professor of Economics, University of Ottawa and TFF associate, author of The Globalization of Poverty, second edition, Common Courage Press

The important debate on global warming under UN auspices provides but a partial picture of climate change; in addition to the devastating impacts of greenhouse gas emissions on the ozone layer, the World's climate can now be
modified as part of a new generation of sophisticated "non-lethal weapons." Both the Americans and the Russians have developed capabilities to manipulate the World's climate.

In the US, the technology is being perfected under the High-frequency Active Aural Research Program (HAARP) as part of the ("Star Wars") Strategic Defence Initiative (SDI). Recent scientific evidence suggests that HAARP is fully operational and has

Here is the rest of the article:
www.fromthewilderness.com...

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 08:26 PM
link   
According to many scientific and historical books....evolution for mankind stopped once we learned to manipulate our own environment.
Hmmm.....

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
This is a very interesting article. Has anyone considered that the program's application might be for unconventional communication?

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ironspy

That is the purpose of haarp, is to manipulate the radio "reflectivity" of the upper atmosphere.
By selectively "heating" regions of the upper atmosphere, you can change how radio signals can be bounced through it.
As a military system you can increase the range at which you can communicate via radio, or you can deny the enemy the use of their own radios, by bouncing the signals away from the reciever.

The very basic idea for haarp originaly was localized "theater area" control of weather over the battle field.
by heating portions of the atmosphere you could concieveable assert some degree of control of the local weather environment.
It is unsubstantiated whether or not this approach was ever taken on or not.
I suspect that the technology was tested in Iraq on a tactical level.

During the invasion, while US armor was advancing on bahgdad, the Republican guards had obtained an advantageous position to stop a portion of the US advance. US commanders knew where the iraqis were, but there was no way to get around them, without engaging them. The armor column stopped and in the next few hrs, and after it got dark an unseasonably fierce dust storm blew up out of no where, making it impossible for the iraqis to see or move.
But with the us's use of flir and the like we were able to maneuver in the dark and the dust with out being seen by the iraqis, and moved around thier flank and past them with out engaging them.
This is just supposition on my part, but to sort of back it up, I saw a photograph, one of random collection of pictures shot by embedded photogs that was published online somewhere, probably the AP.
One of the photos was of dozens of portable radio units, a trailer with a generator and radio gear and attenae. Dozens of them all by their lonesome in somewhere in the desert, "at a classified location" as the caption put it.
There were so many of them in one place, i dont see how they could have been used for communication.

Just the same sort of thing the actual haarp facility is, an array of radio antennea.

[edit on 1-8-2009 by punkinworks]

top topics

join