It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Katrina Conspiracy: Negligance and Incompetance?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I've been reading several posts over the past few days from people disregarding the entire Katrina conspiracy as negligance and incompetance.

Granted, there was plenty of negligance and incompetance to go around; but that alone does not prove in any way, shape, or form, that there was not a conspiracy afoot.

If the negligance and incompetance was intentional, then I would call that one hell of a conspiracy.

Our government, (all levels), knew exactly what would happen in the event a strong hurricane hitting the Louisiana coast. They performed studies, they performed drills, and they performed worst-case scenarios. They knew how many people would be left stranded. They even went as far to class it as one of the top 3 major disastors to hit America.

The day before the hurricane landed, FEMA sent a few teams to the area. As I stated in my previous threads, FEMA sent roughly 1,100 people to the area. 1,100 people for relief in 3 states.

The majority of them were trained Medical professionals. Only 560 of them were trained for Search and Rescue. And the rest of them were logistic teams, emergency communications teams, and coordination teams.

What FEMA did not do, however, was put additional teams on-call. This is general practice according to the National Response Plan.

To add insult to injury, FEMA denied access to the effected areas to Red Cross and other affiliations. They denied food, water, boats, equipment.. among other things. And on top of denying all these resources and aid, FEMA also failed to act for 3 days. For 3 entire days, the rescue efforts were left entirely to the National Guard and Coast Guard of Louisiana.

No additional food was shuttled into the area. No additional teams brought in, or put even put on call.

The only thing FEMA did during those 3 days is pass several declarations of major disastors. In term, opening the floodwalls of money to the organization.

It wasn't until the 2nd of September that FEMA actually coordinated anything.. everything up until that point was carried out by the national guard, local police, and coast guard.

Did FEMA display negligance and incompetance? You bet.. Did they intentionally do it (and why?) is a question you should all be asking yourselves.

FEMA isn't new to major hurricanes. They've handle enough to effectively perfect their methods. What's so different about this one? The flooding of New Orleans? Hardly. The isolated incidents of violence? Nothing new. The looting? Happens every time.

In my opinion, there's plently of reasons this "stall" can be marked a conspiracy. Do the research.. comb through FEMA's website and look over their situation reports since the beginning of the hurricane. The warnings were all there. The action however, was not. Why?

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Well, I certainly cannot answer your 'Why' question. I do think you're right on, though, that this simply couldn't happen in this day and age by simple incompetence and negligence. If that was the case, it would be a HUGE coincidence. And you know what they say about coincidence.

No, this was a forced or arranged negligence. When Bush told Brown, "Brownie, you're doing a heck of a job." I think he meant just that. Not a good job, but the expected job. (I'm not pointing fingers, that just came to my mind.)

When I think about all I'm still learning today about 9/11, I can't help but think it will be years before the Katrina disaster is all sorted through and some of us start really getting the picture about Why this all happened as it did. Of course, by then, the official story of the Katrina Tragedy will be embedded in people's minds and they will call us all whacko conspiracists...

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I think the major culprit in this whole thing has been the retooling of FEMA after 9/11 and terrorism concerns. It seems to me that they approached a straight forward environmental emergency like they'd approach a major terrorism attack. I think since FEMA has been assigned the job of handling any domestic terrorism emergencies that has influenced their policies and plan making process. It seems to me that this environment emergency wasn't approached like an environmental emergency but more like one government agency trying to do another government agency's job. The way FEMA handled this looked like if Greenpeace tried to handle airport security.

I really think there should be two agencies. One for terrorism or war emergencies and one for straight forward domestic emergencies.

I hope that made sense, I was just writing off the top of my head and trying to convey my thoughts on this.

[edit on 10-9-2005 by CuriousSkeptic]

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   
So all the people that continue to shrug this all off as a big flop, a showmanship of negligance and incompetance, have nothing to say huh?

You're so vocal in other threads, yet, this one addresses you specificly and you have nothing to add? How keen.

Is it maybe because this thread shows that there is a possibility there is a conspiracy afoot.. ?

I eagerly await your responses.

top topics

join