It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My intro and FEMA related question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I am glad there is a place for someone like me
I tend to dwell on conspiracy related issues and my friends and family think I'm wasting my breath. Anyway, my first post here is related to FEMA's three big disasters for America (October 2001). Since the first two have happened I'm wondering when and to what extent the third(San Andreas) will hit. I'm in So Cal myself so that hits a little closer to home(literally). We've been having some smaller quakes, like a week ago yesterday I woke up to some small quaking then a big one jolted the house. It was intense. I could actually hear the rumble echo in our valley. It wasn't covered on any local news, so I don't know what the magnitude was or where the epicenter was located. Anyway, I just curious to know what anyone else thinks about this third disaster(timeframe, magnitude, death count, etc.) I remember my 4th grade science teacher was telling us that we're due for a 10. Isn't that a hundred times bigger than an 8? That could be NO x 1000. It seems that these disasters are just getting bigger. Time to move

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Hi and welcome. Sounds like you've come to the right place.

There are many threads that talk about the San Andreas as the next biggie. Here's a couple:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

You'll get more interaction about that if you post in one of the forums made for the various subjects.
Let me just say that I wouldn't move to CA right now.

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Who the hell knows? My family lives down on the South Carolina coast and there's a hurricane (Ophelia) tempting to become an issue... In light of Katrina, it makes me just a bit uneasy.. but they're welcome to come up here.

When I was driving from Tucson, AZ to Oly., Washington, I stopped at a gas station along the way somewhere in CALI. When I stepped out of my truck, after driving 20 something hrs., I felt a tremor when my foot hit the ground. I looked around, and no one seemed to be acting different. To this day, I don't know if it was me, or a real tremor.

Welcome to ATS, btw.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 08:58 AM
link   
In addition to our Katrina forum, you should also check out our Fragile Earth forum.

Here
is a hand book of links that may help you answer some questions you have about stuff on ATS

If you have any questions feel free to u2u me, or any other staff member. After you have made 20 posts, you can u2u with all members.

Also, for avatar info, here are kinglizard's avatar instructions and a reminder to all ATS members.

Also, here's a great link to help you organize your favorite forums. It will also keep threads you post in as favorites: www.abovetopsecret.com...
This link is also up at the top as myATS

And, don't forget to check out PTS and BTS. You can log in to these other two forums with your ATS login information.

Have a good time here

And,
Welcome to ATS

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I am interested in FEMA also but more on the lines of the Martial Law aspects of their "duties" which is scary. Found this site by reading about the excellent article by Valhalla on the FEMA Detainee camps and read all of the 17 pages of comments and later the very well written and cleverly researched response to the Rebuttal. Just read a link from the Left Coaster to another article on the FEMA camps in California, though it may have been linked from the new Washington Post series, hope it is not just online, of Early Warnings and the comments allowed are incredible for MSM. Found the link to Early Warnings on ATS and the first time I had read about Operation Granite Shadow and Geyser. Scary that the "drills" were/are going on with the massive 3 day protest in Washington, DC against the war.

Will write my own introduction later as I want to sign more petitions and today is the day of a mass mailing to www.Congress.org... for Impeachment.

So you can see a little of where my interests are. Also an artist and interested in Atlantis (though the metaphor interests me most) and can't wait until the new site has more material.

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Glad you could make it, come on in and sit a spell…

Welcome to ATS,ATSNN,BTS,PTS and Ignorance Denied.

A great way to get off to an even better start at ATS:

Zedd's Handbook of ATS Links

Other helpful links for new (and old
) members:

Asala’s New Member Advice Thread

Answers to Questions not in the FAQ

Searching and Complaining

ATS Search for “Dummies”

Member's and ATS, L.L.C. Shared Rights

Forgot to vote? Voted and still not happy? Voted and are happy, yet unhappy that others are not sharing your joy:

PTS Is Wide Open For Business

Not sure about starting a new thread? Check out what one of our "Esteemed Senior Staffers" thinks you should do. (P.S. He's right!)

If you have any questions, or need any help, U2U myself or any Staff Member, or use the Gripe/Idea Button.

Greetings Monkeys, not just for saying "Hi" anymore...

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS, I hope you enjoy your time on the board. As far as your questions go I would say learn a lesson and do not wait for someone to rescue you be prepared and have a plan and if you are told to get out get out. Do not just blame FEMA although they must accept some of the blame there is plenty to go around with the state and local government and the victims themselves. Do not fall prey to the main stream media and look at what the levey board in N.O. did with the money for improvements. Of all places the New Orleans Times has some good reading about the corruption of their own leaders.

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by factfinder38
Welcome to ATS, I hope you enjoy your time on the board. As far as your questions go I would say learn a lesson and do not wait for someone to rescue you be prepared and have a plan and if you are told to get out get out. Do not just blame FEMA although they must accept some of the blame there is plenty to go around with the state and local government and the victims themselves. Do not fall prey to the main stream media and look at what the levey board in N.O. did with the money for improvements. Of all places the New Orleans Times has some good reading about the corruption of their own leaders.
I watched CNN those first four days after Katrina and they repeatedly showed the head of FEMA stating that people at the New Orleans stadium had food and drink. At the same time the reporters were interviewing people at the stadium screaming that they had no food or water. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out who was lying.

new topics

top topics

join