It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: New Orleans Begins Confiscating Citizens' Firearms

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
I haven't seen that video... I do not trust Alex Jones, is there any original links to whatever news media recorded this?

This whole "I don't trust Alex Jones" thing amuses me. It's gotten to the stage where people just hear the name and their brain goes into auto-response mode, "Oh, Alex Jones. It must be bunk." No one bothers to actually check out the information for themselves, they just let rumor do the thinking for them because Jones has changed headlines in the past to attract attention, just as submitters of articles do here on ATSNN.

Click the page link, or the download link that I provided and watch it. You will see a little FOX News logo on the bottom of the screen, which should allay your fears that it is computer generated film from Alex Jones Propaganda 3D Studios, because we all know that FOX can be trusted not to slant the news whereas Jones can't.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
Contrary to popular belief the NRA is not the Pro-Gun Rights Group people thank they are. If we lose are rights as gun owners it will be with the NRAs blessing. I have said over and over the NRA is our (gun owners) enemy not our friend.

Amuk you might try telling the above to Al Gore or many others who ran for public office as anti-gunners and lost because of the publicity given them by the NRA. Congress and the President and all the anti-gun associations running around would disagree with you as well.

Concerning the confiscation of weapons in New Orleans, I received an alert E-mail from the NRA about it and the NRA's ILA is starting legal actions and lobbying actions about it. If the NRA is not pro-gun rights, then the Pope isn't Catholic.

[edit on 13-9-2005 by Astronomer68]

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace

This whole "I don't trust Alex Jones" thing amuses me...

Click the page link, or the download link that I provided and watch it. You will see a little FOX News logo on the bottom of the screen, which should allay your fears that it is computer generated film from Alex Jones Propaganda 3D Studios, because we all know that FOX can be trusted not to slant the news whereas Jones can't.

It's Bill O'Reilly talking in the background. How much more trustworthy can it get?

Seriously, it's a sickening video. I can't believe people are following these orders! I just can't believe it! How much of a weiner does a person have to be to knock down an old lady like that in an effort to follow some depraved order? He's gotta know that's just wrong.

Originally posted by victor was right
as i predicted, it made no difference what the pretext was for taking guns. the authorities in new orleans encountered no resistance whatsoever in their confiscation of firearms from their owners; people meekly handed over their means to defend themselves, while the useless, pathetic NRA sat there in mute acknowledgement.
it makes me nauseous.

Unfortunately, too many people think that just owning a gun will somehow make them safe. They never really think about actually having to use it. They never follow through in their minds what they would do in a threatening situation and decide if they have what it takes to do that and commit to doing it. So, when these goons come banging down the doors, too many people look at them as not a threat, but as someone to be reasoned with, as the lady in this video did. This is obviously not the case.

A competent firearm owner has to have a plan, has to be practiced and become comfortable using the firearm and willing to do what it takes to protect and defend themselves. If not, don't get a freaking gun!

Looking forward to Amuk’s thread on the NRA. I think they’re a political group. Look at the influence they have.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Looking forward to Amuk’s thread on the NRA. I think they’re a political group. Look at the influence they have.

I haven't forgot about it. As most of you know I have severe arthritis in my hands and am having a VERY bad episode right now. The issue of the NRA is complex and deserves more than a couple paragraphs. But basically you have it right. They are just another political group willing to compromise on an issue that can not be compromised.

Right now I am on this gun issue on another thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

As soon as I finish it I will do the NRA thread

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Unfortunately, too many people think that just owning a gun will somehow make them safe. They never really think about actually having to use it. They never follow through in their minds what they would do in a threatening situation and decide if they have what it takes to do that and commit to doing it. So, when these goons come banging down the doors, too many people look at them as not a threat, but as someone to be reasoned with, as the lady in this video did. This is obviously not the case.

But that's the thing. If you were on your own, faced with five armed police officers pointing MP5's and shotguns at you yelling at you to put your gun down, what would you do? Open fire to defend your Constitutional rights? It's not like you could tell them that they have no legal authority to confiscate your weapons and they'd say, "Oh, right, guess you got us there." and walk away. You'd either have to give up your weapon, or die defending your right to keep it. And what's the media going to report? "American citizen murdered by police for defending his right to bear arms"? No. It will be "N.O. Citizen refuses to give up weapon, dies in gun battle with police".

When the founding fathers of the U.S. wrote the Second Amendment, they envisaged the organized militia of the day, and that said militia would continue in its original role well into the future. Little did they know that the government would become so all-powerful, that Americans would become so divided, and that "militia(s)" would be painted by the media as "doomsday crackpots" wearing camouflage and stocking up on freeze-dried food and water distillers. Strangely enough, it is those "crackpots" which are starting to look like the sanest of all, and if you take what Jones reports as the truth, the U.S. military (and foreign troops) has been training how to deal with these groups for years now. I wonder why...

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
You'd either have to give up your weapon, or die defending your right to keep it. And what's the media going to report? "American citizen murdered by police for defending his right to bear arms"? No. It will be "N.O. Citizen refuses to give up weapon, dies in gun battle with police".

Make that "N.O. Citizen refuses to give up weapon, kills 2 policemen and dies in gun battle with police".

You may very well be right (I don't doubt that at all). AND if this happened 10, 20, 30, 500 times, there would be a lot of 'authoritues' taking the hit and a lot of people dying. That may be the necessary beginning of a revolt.

There are 3 considerations that come immediately to my mind here.

One - there are worse things than dying.
Two - what good is having a right if it can be so easily taken away? The military have been fighting and dying for our rights for years, I'm willing to do that as well.
Three - We either fight or give up. There is no freaking way I'm willing to roll over and give up.

I'm a firm believer that if the government keeps going the way they are, this place isn't going to be worth living in. Not to me, anyway. I'm big on personal rights and freedoms and if they're taken away, I'm really not that eager to hang around.

When the founding fathers of the U.S. wrote the Second Amendment, they envisaged the organized militia of the day, and that said militia would continue in its original role well into the future.

We're in flux. If this happens, this is just the beginning of the movement. After those first 500 accounts of citizens and 'authority' being killed, I believe militias will start to form, not to fight another country, but the enemy here at home.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   
A New Orleans District Court has issued a restraining order to prevent further confiscation of weapons in the city and surrounding areas.

Federal Judge Halts New Orleans Gun Seizures
BELLEVUE, Wash., Sept. 23 /U.S. Newswire/ -- The U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana this afternoon issued a temporary restraining order on behalf of the Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) and National Rifle Association (NRA), bringing an end to firearm seizures from citizens living in and around New Orleans.

District Judge Jay Zaney issued the restraining order against all parties named in a lawsuit filed Thursday by SAF and NRA. Defendants in the lawsuit include New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin and Police Chief Edwin Compass III.

"This is a great victory, not just for the NRA and SAF, but primarily for law-abiding gun owners everywhere," said SAF founder Alan M. Gottlieb. "We are proud to have joined forces with the NRA to put an end to what has amounted to a warrantless gun grab by authorities in New Orleans and surrounding jurisdictions.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Glad to see you posted that update Wecomeinpeace, especially since the action was instigated by the NRA (that organization that isn't really for gun rights). I'm a little peeved that the AG of the U.S. didn't joint that suit, because he should have.

[edit on 26-9-2005 by Astronomer68]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join