It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Music industry says it won't sue if you delete music...Meanwhile they are suing kids and elderly!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 07:50 PM
link   
The recording industry is expected to announce as early as next week an amnesty program for people who admit they illegally share music files across the Internet, promising not to sue them in exchange for their admission and pledge to delete the songs off their computers.

More... www.msnbc.com...

Still more... www.cnn.com...

Those greedy ba$tard$ aren't strong-arming me into deleting my mp3s.

"Over my dead cold mp3 player!"

[Edited on 10-9-2003 by Hyperspace]

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I see a news report today that one of the major record companies have dropped the price of a CD by quite a bit,with others most likely to follow suit,but i cannot see how this will stop music downloads..

[Edited on 6-9-2003 by The Real Deal]

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 08:09 PM
link   
LMAO!! Obviously they are doing this because they know they made a mistake and knew a backlash against their products was inevitable.

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot
LMAO!! Obviously they are doing this because they know they made a mistake and knew a backlash against their products was inevitable.

That's what I'm thinking also; especially after what The Real Deal said about the prices coming down.

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 09:24 PM
link   
mhmm...oh yes I will certainly participate. I must do what is right for our country and the future of the music industry. I will sign and tell them that I will not ever in my whole life download any more tunes from the internet. My bad!!

You know something If i hadnt accidently deleted my 600 songs from my computer by accident when uninstalling Napster I would really have to think about it

Oh well...what can you do..??

Mark

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Greedy racord company bastards. They claim music sharing has hurt thier sales. the stupid bastards obvious havent noticed that we are in the middle of a recession. When the economy goes down, so do luxury expenses like new CD's. But the company want to make you pay for even sampling music. Thats stupid. if i like a band, Ill buy the CD. But first i want to test drive thier music.

I also downloaded a bunch of songs I already posses on cd, because i wanted them on my computer.

They will never stop file sharing. They can try all they want. For every Napster they bust, 50 more will pop up. And thier sales will go down out of shere defiance.

They really ruined themselves by going after file sharers. Suing some poor schmuch in a basement for sharing music is gonna create alot of backlash.

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I don't think the problem ends their,bootleg copys are being sold at street markets,car bootsales and down your local pub for as little as �2.50 per Album..The record company's are getting what they deserve after charging way over top for CD's for years...

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Maybe the major record companies would sell more CDs if they stopped turning out such awful songs. Almost everything in the charts isn't music, it's just sound engineering, designed to be just like every other recording studio pop song out there. That's how they sell their overpriced product to the unthinking masses.

People who are serious about music are more likely to buy CDs by artists they like. People who are serious about music are also more likely to enjoy real music.

A simple solution. Down with pop music!

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I have to agree with CGH. You're lucky if you buy a CD and it has three good tracks on it...that means you paying more than five dollars a song...and that's only if you're lucky, some CD's only have one good song and are priced at 18.99.

what my folk do is split the cost of a CD, then burn it...its even better if you pick that cd up from a bootleg'a that way you pay less than half price, split that, and then burn it.

best place to legally buy CDs---Best Buy. Most of their CD's go for 13.99...still robbery, but better than twenty dollars.

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarkosOrrealus
You know something If i hadnt accidently deleted my 600 songs from my computer by accident when uninstalling Napster I would really have to think about it

Mark

I always just move my mp3's and stuff to a separate folder, like a folder I made in my "My Documents" and it's not the Kazaa default folder, so it's not accessible. Then after I get an assload of mp3 files, I just burn them onto a data CD.

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 06:15 PM
link   
[Edited on 7-9-2003 by Creepy]

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Creepy

Originally posted by 10DeadInside10

Originally posted by MarkosOrrealus

Mark

I always just move my mp3's and stuff to a separate folder, like a folder I made in my "My Documents" and it's not the Kazaa default folder, so it's not accessible. Then after I get an assload of mp3 files, I just burn them onto a data CD.

eheheh you are what file sharers call....a leech....

no offense intended

So am I
. I dont want the feds to follow my DL trail straight up my ass.

posted on Sep, 7 2003 @ 02:52 PM
link   
boycott-RIAA.com at one time published the actual coordinates to the RIAA headquarters in NYC right after the midshipmans at Annapolis were busted, with a *thought* of what might happen if a training accident occurred and a Tomahawk cruise missle accidentally went and visited the RIAA...

Hmmm...

Nice thought...

posted on Sep, 7 2003 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonrider
boycott-RIAA.com at one time published the actual coordinates to the RIAA headquarters in NYC right after the midshipmans at Annapolis were busted, with a *thought* of what might happen if a training accident occurred and a Tomahawk cruise missle accidentally went and visited the RIAA...

Hmmm...

Nice thought...

to damn funny
although i feel no sympathy for swabbies.

posted on Sep, 7 2003 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I must be a statistical annomoly, I've never downloaded an mp3 in my life!

I download loads of movies, but if they are good, I always buy the DVD later.

Today I downloaded MS FS 2004, Halo for the PC, Windows Longhorn beta and "The life of Brian". I love broadband.

Come find me, moneygrabbers.

posted on Sep, 7 2003 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by CiderGood_HeadacheBad
Maybe the major record companies would sell more CDs if they stopped turning out such awful songs. Almost everything in the charts isn't music, it's just sound engineering, designed to be just like every other recording studio pop song out there. That's how they sell their overpriced product to the unthinking masses.

People who are serious about music are more likely to buy CDs by artists they like. People who are serious about music are also more likely to enjoy real music.

A simple solution. Down with pop music!

Thats pretty much the way I see it. Who the hell actually listens to this crap anyway? The garbage produced today and mislabled "music" is about as entertaining and enjoyable as a tax audit. Since when did how the artists look and how little they wear become more important than the actual music?

I guess thats the trend today. It's not how good the music sounds....it's how skimpy the outfit is, or how angry the singer is. Sad.

posted on Sep, 8 2003 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Today the recording industry officially announced an amnesty for people who admit they illegally share music files across the Internet.

posted on Sep, 9 2003 @ 05:43 AM
link   
ROFL

As if.

There is nothing they can do and thats it.

Didn't they see the research done that said people buy more music cd's because they heard some songs from downloading it and liked the band and went out an bought the cds?

posted on Sep, 9 2003 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Greedy racord company bastards. They claim music sharing has hurt thier sales. the stupid bastards obvious havent noticed that we are in the middle of a recession. When the economy goes down, so do luxury expenses like new CD's. But the company want to make you pay for even sampling music. Thats stupid. if i like a band, Ill buy the CD. But first i want to test drive thier music.

I also downloaded a bunch of songs I already posses on cd, because i wanted them on my computer.

They will never stop file sharing. They can try all they want. For every Napster they bust, 50 more will pop up. And thier sales will go down out of shere defiance.

They really ruined themselves by going after file sharers. Suing some poor schmuch in a basement for sharing music is gonna create alot of backlash.

I guess the RIAA hasn't figured out that most people burn the files onto CD and then delete them off their hard drive anyway.

posted on Sep, 9 2003 @ 06:04 AM
link   
The morons.
I've bought more music since I started downloading from Grokster. Sure, you can get the music without giving the record companies a dime by downloading, but you don't get the cover jackets.

As Saph said, the fact the stupid companies make the artists vomit garbage so as to use it for filler on an album of 12 tracks and 2 decent songs, I quit buying music for a long time. Now I can download the tunes, see if the album is worth it, I buy much more than I have in years.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join