It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brain Still Evolving

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   
According to scientists in Chicago

What i was wondering is, it states our Brain size and complexity is growing, does that mean one day we'll have perhaps stronger Telekentic, astral, remote viewing potetional?

Source - science.monstersandcritics.com

Just wondering what your views are of this.

mod edit to shorten link

[edit on 10-9-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Personally I think the human race is in a period of DE-Evolution by the looks of it. Most people have glasses, and human eyesight continues to get worse. Genetically inherited diseases are more prevalant. More and more negative mutations occuring, etc.

Also, brain size has been shown to have no effect on how smart a person is. Everyone's brains would have to be dramatically larger for their to be an impact. I think it'd be pretty sweet if everyone gained psychic skills through evolution, but most of the traits chosen through evolution are ones that will benefit the species. I don't know if these skills would have any impact as far as reproduction or how people live their lives goes. I would bet that things like math skills would be what will grow stronger.

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 11:57 PM
link   
The potential we have now is already basically unlimited so I do not see how much farther we could go. However as more and more people learn to access these abilities I do think there will be the long-term effect of making them easier and easier for following generations to learn.

This effect is a combination of acceptance of the concepts and also the actual use of the abilities themselves. The only limit today is what we impose upon ourselves and I doubt that will ever change.

A.T
(-)

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Nice post Alexander. There are so many abilities that just lie untapped.

Troy

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 02:28 AM
link   
This very issue is also being discussed over in the Science & Technology forum, at this thread started by deltaboy.

You might want to check it out also for some more ramifications of the continual evolution of the human brain, though it is naturally from a more scientific than paranormal perspective.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yarcofin
Personally I think the human race is in a period of DE-Evolution by the looks of it. Most people have glasses, and human eyesight continues to get worse. Genetically inherited diseases are more prevalant. More and more negative mutations occuring, etc.

IQ Scores keep increasing though.(not the Internet kind
) It seems like things like Videogames actually teaches abstract thought and the internet lets us all educate ourselves in many ways. Scientific progress keeps speeding up logarithmically, and more and more people are realizing that polticians are lying sacks of shyte. Seems we are getting smarter to me.

On a serious note we are getting to the point where we will be able to direct the evolution of our own brains with technology, its closer then you all think.

top topics

join