It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The name of this forum is incorrect

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Personally, I think there might be a conspiracy afoot.

I've heard from a lot of fellow Christians about if/when Martial Law is implemented in America. It's frightening because when I see the chaos in NOLA I know that I'm looking at this country's possible future.

Isn't it funny how a MONTH before 9/11, FEMA was talking about the worst disasters that could hit America? And two of the things they talked about have happened, and within five years of each other!

FEMA has been so grossly negligent it's obscene. We ALL knew that Katrina was headed for NOLA. I had a gut feeling myself that it would be a Cat 4 or 5 when it hit. I was glued to the Weather Channel and I remember when they were forecasting a landfall at Cat 4/5.

Where are/were the buses that were supposed to evacuate people BEFORE Katrina hit? I was feeling relieved thinking that the people who were unable to make it out on their own would be evacuated. Now what happened to that plan!?

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Why not just "Katrina Aftermath and Conspiracies"? I think that would be less biased, yet capture the feel of the forum.

agreed !
...the other title is WAY to biased its CONFIRMING and STATING that there is a conspircay when actually that is nothing but peoples opinion and can not be proven.

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I believe the whole NO/Katrina event has been a dress rehersal for the future.

i believe that means 'conspiracy'.

i won't holler if the admin of this site decide to change the title of the forum. i'll just try to work hard to convince you there is, indeed, a conspiracy.

shameful conspiracy, IMO only.

as one who has been raised in Britain and therefore doesn't come from a 'gun culture' (and now live in a country which doesn't have a gun culture except for the Russian mafia et al) and has, indeed, scoffed at the gun culrure in the States, even I have been absolutely shocked at the stomping of the second amendment. because now i begin to get a glimmer of understanding of how arms are there to protect the citizenship from government. never, ever thought i'd think that.

the whole kit and caboodle of conspiracy which has been playing out as a result of the Katrina disaster screeches out, to me.

i'm so very, very worried about the future.

the government wants and HAS control.

this is so wrong, IMO.

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Once again

Incompetence or simple negligence do not equal a conspiracy.

Try to make the most out of trivial details as much as you like, but that won't change the fact that incompetence is not a conspiracy.

There is plenty of blame to go around from the local level all the way up.

That doesn't mean that there was a conspiracy.

And while I agree, that calling Falls Creek a detention camp is misleading, it is Valhall's perogative.

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Perhaps most conspiracy can be attributed to stupidity rather than organized effort since just as necessity is the mother of invention and adversity the father of ingenuity, the supposed source of most conspiracies is the coddled elite: those least likely to possess the aptitude for such endeavors. Yes it is US, the conspiracy mongers, who create conspiracies to put a face on the boogeyman of rampant incompetence we are forced to live with on a daily basis. I have conspired but now the cat is out of the bag, yet a conspiracy revealed is still a conspiracy. If it looks like a lame duck and quacks like a lame duck...

[edit on 10-9-2005 by geMlUre]

[edit on 10-9-2005 by geMlUre]

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   
i believe there is a conspiracy, but i understand where your coming from.

for us who believe there were some people who designed to in-act to cause such horrors that took place down in NO, we have this forum to question/add/debate it.

if your view is different from that, then i can see why the tittle doesn't fit to you. all a matter of perception.

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   
DARN YOU INTREPID !!!!!

I hate it when your logic makes me rethink a post I've made, and look at it from a different perspective.

You make a PERFECT point

Was there a government coverup, or percieved attempt to do so in order to deal with the public and DAMAGE CONTROL?

Yes,Intrepid, there very well may have been.

27 hours from the time President Bush said to Mike Brown "You're doin a heck of a job Browny", to the time he dismissed him as lead on Katrina.

I Still do not like the name for this thread, either.

Suggestions:

Katrina Fallout

Katrina Aftermath; A Failed Response

Katrina And the Corporate Whores Who Ran The Organized Destruction of New Orleans

Well, maybe the third one is a little too much.

[edit on 10-9-2005 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   
As an addendum, i don't believe the hurricain was man mde. i believe the results were a conspiracy. the damning results. how people will be shuffled around. and how the weak will be left to die.

IMO.

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by BaastetNoir

Why not just "Katrina Aftermath and Conspiracies"? I think that would be less biased, yet capture the feel of the forum.

agreed !
...the other title is WAY to biased its CONFIRMING and STATING that there is a conspircay when actually that is nothing but peoples opinion and can not be proven.

I'll THIRD that!! It does sound less biased. I don't think it is a proper reflection of ATS to name a forum in this manner, it seems prejudice.

Major decisions were made and not made that definatley cost lives. But Katrina as a conspiracy first and foremost is in itself a kind of tunnel vision perspective that is not what attracted me to ATS.

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I linked to this thread, the "detainment camp", from the site "Antiwar". Don't know what to make of that.
I admit I was curious why anyone would load up their car with goods to donate and then go to a Bible camp to do it but I probably missed something that was clear to everyone else.
I don't think there is a conspiracy but the whole thing was handled badly and everyone is interpreting for themselves, i. e. "riot", "unfair", etc.
I admit I could even see a desire on the part of the fed to depopulate NO and convert it to a massive naval staging base but the population in NO has been dropping for years, from some 660,000 in 1960 to some 440,000 lately.
Funds for the levees were cut and the levees have been sinking lately or probably all along the larger they got. As a nation, we have to look at whether it is a good place for millions of people, many poor, to congregate in the first place. Just the "wetlands" pose a risk with mosquito-born diseases.
At the same time, I can't see the nation standing still for all that is reportedly going on, families seperated, forced from their homes with physical force. I saw the elderly lady, with a gun true, being tackled by the police and led out of her high and dry home.
I honestly don't know what to think so I'm just watching and waiting before I form any opinions. So far what I've seen and read has been pretty shocking but then so was the storm itself.

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Springer...

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I still don't understand why you need "FEMA Failure", to be fair you'd need "Mayor of New Orleans Failure/Governor of Louisiana Failure/FEMA Failure"
Why not just remove that part?

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   
If we change the name of this forum, we better change the names of some other forums. Here are a few suggestions:

Medical Issues and Conspiracies -> My Doctor is Trying to Kill Me!
Origins and Creationism Conspiracies -> WTF Did we Come From?
Conspiracies in Religion -> So, You’ve Decided to Talk to God…
Political Conspiracies -> Those Rascally Politicians!
9/11 &7/7 Conspiracies -> 9/11 No-Nos

Oh, and don’t forget the main heading at the top of the ATS page:
Above Top Secret Conspiracy Community Discussion Forums
I suggest: “The Park Bench at ATS”
Sounds so much more friendly, don't you think?

Seriously, I'm under the impression that if the possibility of a conspiracy exists, then this is the place to come and talk about it. A conspiracy can be a theory, it can be proven as fact or it can be dismissed as ridiculous. At this time, there is a very real possibility (or theory) of a conspiracy behind the response to Katrina so I think the name is quite appropriate (not that that matters)

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by CatHerder
Why is this forum titled "Katrina Conspiracy"
It's named a conspiracy before there is even a valid conspiracy identified anywhere.

It is named "Katrina Aftermath A Conspiracy? and FEMA Failure "

Take a look at the end of the word "conspiracy" Do you see the symbol "?"

Question answered me thinks

Edit for more input
OK, OK, some smart a$$ decided to change the title

You were initially right Cat, it was named wrong. fair play to you for picking up on it

[edit on 10-9-2005 by Bikereddie]

[edit on 10-9-2005 by Bikereddie]

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   

I still don't understand why you need "FEMA Failure", to be fair you'd need "Mayor of New Orleans Failure/Governor of Louisiana Failure/FEMA Failure"

how did the local government failed?
i've seen someone else question your perception of that

the mayor and governor called for additional federal aid on AUGUST 28TH

pardon the following long quote

On August 27, 2005, Governor Blanco sent a request for federal assistance and $9 million in aid to President Bush, which stated, "...I have determined that this incident is of such severity and magnitude that effective response is beyond the capabilities of the State and affected local governments, and that supplementary Federal assistance is necessary to save lives, protect property, public health, and safety, or to lessen or avert the threat of a disaster. I am specifically requesting emergency protective measures, direct Federal Assistance, Individual and Household Program (IHP) assistance, Special Needs Program assistance, and debris removal." Also in the requesting letter, the governor stated: "In response to the situation I have taken appropriate action under State law and directed the execution of the State Emergency Plan on August 26, 2005 in accordance with Section 501 (a) of the Stafford Act. A State of Emergency has been issued for the State in order to support the evacuations of the coastal areas in accordance with our State Evacuation Plan and the remainder of the state to support the State Special Needs and Sheltering Plan."[3][4] [5]
FEMA, in a press release dated August 27, stated that President Bush authorized the allocation of federal resources, "following a review of FEMA's analysis of the state's request for federal assistance." [6] A White House press release of the same date also acknowledges this authorization of aid by President Bush. [7]
On August 28, Governor Blanco sent a second letter to President Bush, which increased the amount of aid requested to $130 million. [8]
Mayor Nagin issued a voluntary evacuation request late in the day on August 27. He was hesitant to order a mandatory evacuation because of concerns about the city's liability for closing hotels and other businesses. [9]
On August 28, Katrina became a Category 4 hurricane [10], and Nagin declared a mandatory evacuation, opening the Superdome to those who couldn't leave. State governor-controlled National Guard troops were stationed inside the Superdome to screen refugees for weapons [11], yet the situation within the Superdome was very difficult for evacuees and city government could not cope with the problems.[12]

source: en.wikipedia.org...

so how did they fail to ask the government for aid before the storm hit and the mayor ordered a mandatory evacuation. he even sent transit buses to bus people to various shelters (schools, centers, etc..). the question i hate hearing is why didn't he use the school buses? because there were no school bus drivers to use them but he did use the mass transit busses because they had professional bus drivers driving them and for free.

so again, how did the local government fail in asking for assistance pre-hurricane strike and taking all steps possible to get their people safe from the hurricane's path?

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   
WOO HOOO!!

Power to the peoples and aliens here on ATS!!!

Personally, I have no problem with the word "Consiracy" in the title. I just did not like the placement of the word. Thanks MODS, and MEMBERS.

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Why did the Mayor allow hundreds of buses to sit in lots to flood when they could have been used to evacuate people from the superdome and convention center?

[edit on 9/10/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   

FEMA did fail. However, the reason for their failure may not be entirely the organizations fault, nor Mike Brown's shortcomings.

Point is FEMA did not perform up to expectations, and this was what they exist for. Why they failed may have little to do with FEMA, and more to do with the changes that FEMA has endured over the past 5 years.

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
FEMA did fail. However, the reason for their failure may not be entirely the organizations fault, nor Mike Brown's shortcomings.

Point is FEMA did not perform up to expectations, and this was what they exist for. Why they failed may have little to do with FEMA, and more to do with the changes that FEMA has endured over the past 5 years.

I don't dispute that FEMA failed, it certainly did. But other persons/agencies failed just as badly. The Governor of Louisiana blocked Red Cross aid from reaching the people in the Superdome for God's sake!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   
How about " Katrina Aftermath: Crisis in America "

or " Katrina Aftermath: A Country in Crisis "

[edit on 9-10-2005 by worldwatcher]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join