It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think about the new canidate for the presidency?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I was watching The Daily Show on comedy central and it seems we have a very young democrat running for president this year.I think his name is Dennis Kucinich. If he wins he will be the youngest president since Kennedy. What is your guys thoughts on this new canidate?

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Hmm, Dennis the menace, huh?

He was the youngest mayor every in Cleveland. He gave us the nickname 'mistake on the lake' while bankrupting the city. He once claimed to speak to some dead movie star, can't think of the name, in his dreams (or something like that). He used to be a pro-life, catholic, democrat. (those traits are common here in Cleveland: Catholics, democrats, iron workers, auto workers, polka, bowling, Browns fans, etc).

Now, he's a pro-choice vegan who prefers hanging out in California than doing anything for his constituents.

What do I think of him? I think he's a joke!

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Unless a candidate can promise (& *keep* that promise) to use the backing of the American Public to get us out from under the thumb of the Federal Reserve & greatly down-size & reorganize the federal government structure, I'd have to say that *any* candidate deserves a vote of "No Confidence".

ID

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 04:38 PM
link   

What is your guys thoughts on this new canidate?
I agree with MidnightDStroyer on a vote of No Confidence. Can't anyone good actually step up to the plate here? I mean this is not some stupid popularity contest it is for the leader of our nation, the man at the helm of the greatest nation on earth. Will none half decent step up to this challenge?

posted on Sep, 7 2003 @ 05:13 PM
link   
For one thing, a candidate worthy of my vote would have to have a lot of guts...The courage it would take to stand up against an entire *government* that would surely seek to eliminate him before he could accomplish anything worthwhile.

Next, he'd have to have (at least) a few good people within the administration with him to help support & protect him against (pretty much literally) everyone else.

He'd also have to be able to gain very quick, very loyal support of the American Public, to the extent that whatever he's trying to do that it'll make sense to the Public & benefit the country as a whole (instead of merely benefitting the government itself). So if anything "premature" happened to him, the public would also stand up a support his accomplishments & not let the rest of the government sweep anything under the rug.

Anybody here know anyone like that?

posted on Sep, 9 2003 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Look to the Libertarian party. Let's take America back!

top topics

join