It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 ghosts in a picture?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   
putfile.com.../25213465098.jpg&s=x4
putfile.com.../25213463298.jpg&s=x4
putfile.com.../25213461716.jpg&s=x4

These pictures where taken by my boyfriend, about 2.5 years ago. He went to Barcelona with his class for about 4days. On one of their trips they visited an old little church tucked away in the small streets of the city. As my boyfriend was entering the church he immediatly felt uncomfortable, he felt watched and wanted to get the hell out of there. Nevertheless he took one single picture. (I should also mention that my boyfriend does not believe in ghosts, spirits or any other paranormal beings. He did not tell me how he felt untill I confronted him with these pictures. But he seemed very honest and truthfull.)
At first I thought that the lower figure was just another person walking around in the church, but my boyfriend swears that there where only 2 people there at the moment the picture was taken: himself and another man taking pictures. Since you can see the other man in the picture too as he is taking pictures himself, the figure can't be him.
As for the upper figure. I can see a head, with eyes, nose, mouth and even some hair. But that's it, no body. I searched the picture for statues or figures on the wall that might resemble 'the head', but I found nothing. I asked my boyfriend if it was possible that something was hanging from the ceiling (like a lamp or something), but he told me there was no such thing.
I would like to hear your ideas about this picture... Maybe someone can tell me what it is.
The picture has not been altered in any way, just enlarged. It was taken with a digital camera.

Sorry if my explenation is a little bit incoherent, but I'm Dutch, so it's not that simple for me to explain the events. If you have any questions, just shoot

[edit on 10-9-2005 by NightWish]

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Interesting pics,

Please also add your own comments about the pics when making a thread, It will get better responces

Thanks
Asala.

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
Interesting pics,

Please also add your own comments about the pics when making a thread, It will get better responces

Thanks
Asala.

Yes, I'm sorry, I was just testing the links. I added some comments now

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   
they look like the figures are a bit disproportionate to the building in height maybe they died when the ground was lower might be interesting to find out more info on the locations history

just a guess cause we have many ghosts in our town in the local pub there is one and you can only see him from the waste up cause the building used to be lower

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   
These ghosts are probably examples of "matrixing" -- the eye making something out of something else. We're programmed to see faces, and with the right fall of light and shadow, we see them more easily than anything else. (And when you approach the area you likely won't see any evidence -- the light, shadow, angle is wrong.)

I'm not discounting what you have -- anything is possible. I do a lot of camera work specifically to track down explanations for phenomena. Between certain websites that regularly pass off hoaxed photos as real "ghost pictures" and simple faux anomalies (that true believers will insist are spirits), it's a jungle out there. Add some debunkers like The Amazing Randi (he's not a skeptic, he's abusing the word -- he's a fanatic on the other side of the fence) who insist absolutely everything is fake, it's a megajungle.

Most photos will ultimately yield a down-to-earth answer. But some of them remain mysteries. Those are the ones that make the hunt worth it. If you feel these have mystery, then maybe they do. If you're not so sure, they probably don't.

I've experienced all sorts of phenomena, a good many I can't explain to my satisfaction. (It satisfies me when I can't explain them!). Out of thousands of photos I've taken, I have maybe three that might qualify as containing true anomalies.Might. In my experience, you'll have much better luck experiencing the strange with all your senses. Walk into an old building like the one in your photo and just enjoy the atmosphere with no expectations. You'll be surprised what sometimes pops up.

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Looks like just lighting effects to me. The one behind the fence doesn't look like a face or really anything to me. To me it just looks like a lock on the gate. The higher one looks like "the face on mars" but is extremely faint as well. I think they are probably just shadowing. Plus you can only see the faces when the picture is extremely magnified, which distorts it. When the colours of the image are inverted, the higher 'face' creates a globe-like shape, which makes me believe that it is a glass globe that are typically put over top of lights (like ones that show up if you Google "glass globe light". Upon closer inspection of the picture, on the left side of the last, large picture, there is a greenish light like that. Another possibility is that it is just light and no glass is there. Zooming in and inverting again in the other picture, you can see that the left half of the face seems to be a part of the wall, and the right half falling somewhere on another surface behind it. And the other one just doesnt look like a face at all to me.

Overall, pretty pixellated and poor quality. It's not possible to tell what it is.

Edit: Purposefully looking for faces, I can imagine them all over the picture. Just in the water, I can 'see' at least 3 demon faces. I'll outline them and post it up.

[edit on 10-9-2005 by Yarcofin]

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valleegal
These ghosts are probably examples of "matrixing" -- the eye making something out of something else. We're programmed to see faces, and with the right fall of light and shadow, we see them more easily than anything else. (And when you approach the area you likely won't see any evidence -- the light, shadow, angle is wrong.)

I am familiar with this phenomena. I've been thinking about it to as explenation for this picture (mainly because I get so annoyed with people passing of pictures as 'ghost-pictures' when it is obviously just a 'matrixing'-phenomena).
I could explain the head-figure with our programmed ability to see faces, but not the lower figure (he seems to be looking directly into the camera, and he seems to have some colour)... But it could be possible ofcourse.

Originally posted by Valleegal
In my experience, you'll have much better luck experiencing the strange with all your senses. Walk into an old building like the one in your photo and just enjoy the atmosphere with no expectations. You'll be surprised what sometimes pops up.

That's my problem. I haven't experienced anything, my boyfriend had all the luck

But still, thanks for the advice... I'll keep my eyes open for a down to earth explenation.

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yarcofin
Edit: Purposefully looking for faces, I can imagine them all over the picture. Just in the water, I can 'see' at least 3 demon faces. I'll outline them and post it up.

[edit on 10-9-2005 by Yarcofin]

I've seen those to, but didn't bother to post them since it's obvious our minds playing tricks on us.
These 2 just kind of popped-out the first time I saw the picture.
I also thought the head to be a kind of glass-globe or some kind of candlestick or something, but my boyfriend told me there was nothing hanging from the ceilling (I asked him about 20 times if he was really really sure
)
But it could indeed be a 'trompe d'oeil'.

[edit on 10-9-2005 by NightWish]

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Here are just a few of the things I can make my mind create in the water, and I am in a hurry to go to work or I would find some more:

membres.lycos.fr...

See also:

Strange Marking On Tree

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightWish

That's my problem. I haven't experienced anything, my boyfriend had all the luck

But still, thanks for the advice... I'll keep my eyes open for a down to earth explenation.

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Well, I guess I should've read the directions on quoting. Mucked that up. I just wanted to say that if you want to experience something, go to a place that's a well-known haunt -- something that attracts tourists. Try to go when it's been open all day and packed with people hoping for ghosts. Find a quiet spot and sit down and just soak it up. You're likely to experience some sort of anomaly -- usually cold spots or static.

While I think of this as a 'psychic machine' -- people have left energy and expectations there to fuel the 'ghosts' -- it's still, for all intents and purposes, like a true haunt (whatever that might be). And, at the core of things, there probably is a haunt. So, that's good enough, right?

People who most want to experience (and aren't pushovers), rarely do. My mother told me I explained to her that Santa Claus didn't exist at age 3 -- and that I was annoyed that adults believed in that nonsense. So. . . I never expect anything to happen. Even now. If I let myself hope -- in a place I've seen activity before -- nothing will happen.

But the unexplained exists -- sometimes spectacularly. And writing off anything completely unless you know beyond doubt it's a fake, is as closed-minded as believing everything. If you feel the one figure has validity, go with it. This is an area more of personal truth than science. Listen to your own instincts.

Places that are traditional sacred sites tend to be geomagnetic hotspots and those are likely to yield some phenomena. Also, fault lines, underground water, power poles (not phone lines, but high-power lines, especially junctions and transformers) all feed hauntings. Places with lots of stone (concrete, rock w/silica -- other things, I'm bad at remembering the details) hold residual hauntings well too.

I think it's all about energy. Whether humans or power lines or the earth feeds it, the anomaly usually needs strong batteries to activate it. (If you have a friend who's on the emotional side, take him or her along -- that's another great way to get poltergeists and other fun things to act up.)

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I used to do that with leaves. Go outside at dusk and watch the leaves of trees and bushes make shadow faces. It was sort of a cheap thrill. To be honest, it still is.

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   

I used to do that with leaves. Go outside at dusk and watch the leaves of trees and bushes make shadow faces. It was sort of a cheap thrill. To be honest, it still is.

True. I always look out my window at my neighbour's tree and see them. Especially during.. ahem... long periods spent sitting in the bathroom. lol. Never fails that you see at least one. I do it with my shower curtains too and can pick out quite a lot. I guess it works with anything that is sort of a random bunch of colours/shades.

The human mind is quite a crazy thing

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yarcofin

True. I always look out my window at my neighbour's tree and see them. Especially during.. ahem... long periods spent sitting in the bathroom. lol. Never fails that you see at least one. I do it with my shower curtains too and can pick out quite a lot. I guess it works with anything that is sort of a random bunch of colours/shades.

The human mind is quite a crazy thing

It can even work with a normal wall in your bedroom. If it has a painted prints on it you can easily see faces and even cartoon figures in them... Used to do that when I got bored as a little child.

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I don't claim to be an expert at all, but I also agree that these pics are mere tricks of the mind. Does it seem to anybody else that the figure in the bottom is wearing a T-shirt? I have also made images in the walls and its patterns all my life. If I stare at that face at the top for a while, I can see a person with curly hear,straight hair, mustache, no mustache, leatherface (thank god its only the face),and many more figures.

new topics

top topics

join