It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Very Basic Question About the Discussion Board Threads

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   
A while back, before the big ATS face lift so-to-speak, the discussion boards allowed you to looks at threads by number. First 100 threads click this button, second 100 click this button, etc. But now the buttons are by hour: first 6 hours click this button, next 12 hours click this button, etc.

So how do I look at threads that are more then 24 hours old? What if I miss a day or two or week of looking at threads... did we decide that only today's threads relavant now?

Where is the 'Older Than 24 Hours Click Here' button???

[edit on 10-9-2005 by jupiter869]

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   
It's pretty much the same but you can still see older posts by going to the specified individual forum. It's just making sure the posts are 'new'

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   
well what you could do is, if you have an interest in one forum in particular, go to the main forum index page www.abovetopsecret.com... and just search through which ever forum you like. You can go back as far as you like that way

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by pantha
well what you could do is, if you have an interest in one forum in particular, go to the main forum index page www.abovetopsecret.com... and just search through which ever forum you like. You can go back as far as you like that way

How shamefully unprofessional. A lousy and peripetially convoulouted way of doing it, but thanks for the help!!

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Ask The Pros

Originally posted by jupiter869
How shamefully unprofessional. A lousy and peripetially convoulouted way of doing it, but thanks for the help!!

Wow, that seems pretty harsh, in light of the fact that it's a pretty standard paradigm for php-based discussion forums.

A longer list of posts sorted by time may well be a useful feature, but on pretty much every other board I visit, the default case for browsing older threads is by forum.

Granted, ATS has a lot more forums than most boards I cruise, so maybe there would be more interest in the kind of feature you are asking for. Heck, there may even be some sort of implementation of it in place that I'm not aware of.

This may be a good thing to suggest via the Grip/Idea feature.

top topics

join