It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is to Blame for this Government if the Voting is Rigged?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I keep hearing that the blame for Katrina's response is at the local, state and federal levels, not to mention FEMA and a host of other people and actions that led up to this amazingly catastrophic event. And I think it's all true.

But one thing I hear is that we, the people, are responsible because of who we keep voting into public office. And I would agree wholeheartedly that we deserve the leaders we have, except that I also have reason to believe that the elections were stolen... that the voting was rigged. I strongly believe this.

How much blame and/or responsibility can we really shoulder if the votes we cast mean nothing and the winner is decided even before we vote?

People from other countries say, "If you don't like those leaders, vote them out!" Well, I agree. But if the voting system, our last hope to have some kind of control in this country, is corrupt, how can we vote them out?

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   

People from other countries say, "If you don't like those leaders, vote them out!" Well, I agree. But if the voting system, our last hope to have some kind of control in this country, is corrupt, how can we vote them out?

I hear this kind of retoric from folks like Neal Bortz also..

The problem is.. there are MANY in this nation who do not vote.. they think or have been brainwashed into thinking that the politicians can run their lives and that voting is useless..

I am not that kind of person.. I vote, I fight.., I research the issues. I write to my congressman so much that the senior aide to my Democratic Senator hate me.. which to me makes me a winner.. I am working on getting the loathing of the aide to my republican senator.. but have not achieved that goal yet.

I am a libertarian now.. I quit thinking of the Republican and Democrat as parties that represent my beliefs years ago...

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I'm still a republican but the Diebold affiliation with the GOP, in the form of contributions, lobbyists, and just general slimeyness; stinks! As a patriotic American I can't condone this type of cronyism when it comes to elections.

When my fellow Republicans taunt the Democrats "Bush won, Get over it";
Somehow this smacks of ideology getting in the way of evidence.

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
In the case of elections, I would say look at those who benefit the most.

I've been reading about the computerized voting machines, the electronic ballots. That raises alarms. They've been shown to be inaccurate, unreliable and clearly they can be programed to produce the results desired.

I voted for Bush the first time; after Clinton I would have voted for anyone but a democrat. Now I learn that Bush has an "interest" in the computerized machines. When Bush was re-elected, I didn't vote at all and I think I will never vote again. My vote doesn't count. Voting was my participation, my duty to my country but I feel strongly that it has been corrupted. I also think Bush doesn't listen to the people anymore, he can do what he wants since this is his last term.

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Alikospah, is half on the right lines.

To see an event and why it happens, you have to look at who benefits. This is the key issue from everything, from a basic grass routes movement, to every business man and politician and who is gaining from America right now?

So who has gained from these last few years?
C.I.A.
Vice President and his friends.
President and his friends.
Big Business.

So who is likely to rig the election? Most likely 'Big Business', because it is their friends getting in power and it is them who get the reward including massive contracts.

Look at Halliburton. New Orleans, Iraq, Afganistan...lucky them. Wonder how they got the contract...

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Hey I voted them out and they still they won, so it brings to mind again that no matter what you want, you not always are going to get it.

Its always other forces out there that will do the thinking and choosing for you.

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   
what on Earth would posess some of you people to "not" think that voting was rigged long before computers. Rigging elections and jurys and other facets of life is as olde as the hills.
The main point is what do you know about it..,to whom do you communicate concerning it.? Obviously communicating to Washington DC or your state capital means little to nothing .
I know that is many arenas voting changes nothing or very little. Meaning that there is another mechanism in operation. This is what Marge alludes to in her posting previous to this one. Marge and I dont agree on much but on this if it is her point..I agree with her.
If I may make bold with a suggestion...if you want to vote where it counts ..vote with your dollars. That is where it really counts. Then communicate this to others of like mind and spirit. It will take time and effort but you already have one of the main mechanisms right here to accomplish this. Your computer. Knowlege is power...and then to act on this knowlege is a huge difference..locally at first and then in a larger sphere. When you spend or dont spend your dollars it will tell in any economy. Politics is economics is politics.
Some posters on these boards are begining to catch on to this facet of thinking. Others like the Republicans are begining to lose confidence in this administration and sensing that they are not really the conservatives they claim to be for all the moneys they have put into this party. I have posted this very concept myself. Also that at some point ..with this current party in office they would be burned. It s coming soon to a theater near you. Get your popcorn and drink and be ready.
If the political process doesnt work to your liking its up to you as a citizen to organize another and make it work. Economic control over your lives is the main concern of politics. This takes votes..and keeping you as the public on their tredmill. Whatever is the treadmill or fashion of the day. Having enough thought and confidence to vote with your dollars is a very dangerous thing to the religion of politics. To get yourself off the tredmill.
Do not ever count on a politician to get things done for you, They will often pervert the original intent for political purposes ..not public purposes to whom they take the oath. You people should know better ..even in the voting booth.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 11:17 PM
link   
LOL I've been doing that for a long time. Today's products are designed to break, wear out and quit rapidly, all so people will have to go out and buy again, thus supporting business.
Well, I drive a 30 year old car, a real beater but it runs reliably. I have a 50 year old swamp cooler that has never needed to be repaired. A 40 year old chest freezer that freezes solid as a rock. I go to garage sales, Goodwill and used markets. Even pawn shops. I don't support big business and the old stuff is made better. Now if I could just find a swamp cooler for my car......

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I agree with your posting. I do the same. Also agree that many of todays products are designed to keep one on the treadmill not independent of it. It is up to us to educate ourselves enough to make the changes.
I too drive a thirty year olde car...and a twenty year olde truck. I just rebuilt the engine in my truck rather than buy a new one. Rebuilt the engine in my thirty year old car also. I also own a ten year old Honda. I dont operate my four wheeled vehicles much. I ride my moped to work and use the other vehicles at other times ..off work.
One thing that irritates me is light bulbs..they dont seem to last very long. I just learned from my electrician friend that the bulbs to get are 130 volt sign bulbs for these blinking signs that are often put up outside new buisnesses to attract customers. He says they are not quite as bright as regular bulbs but last much longer. Im going to check it out and see if they will work for most applications here. They dont cost anymore than regular bulbs. I am curious about this so I will soon check it out.
It is information like this that gets one off the standard treadmill which intrests me. You have to dig hard or know people to get it.
I dont rush out to get the latest gadget or gimick. It is often a treadmill to planned obselecence. I will often wait till the technology is out long enough to have alot of the kinks worked out of it. Especially new high tech gear.
Yard Sales and Flea markets..No problem ..I like them too when I have time. To alot of people they are junk but you know..Ive learned that you can get alot of junk in the stores like Sears, Dillards etc etc..it up to us to know the difference. Up to us to wise up.

Thanks,
Orangetom

new topics

top topics

join