It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is the vampire Lestat going to live now?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 12:51 PM
link   
New Orleans is (was) his home. But now that it has been devistated by hurricane, would Lestat hang around to wait for it to be rebuilt? And even if he did, it won't be the same New Orleans that Lestat fell in love with a hundred years ago. 'New'-New Orleans is going to be a squeaky clean Disney-esque shadow of its former seedy, rich, colorful self.

So where is Lestat's new home to be? San Fransisco perhaps, or has he been-there-done-that to death? New York? London? Pairis (again)?

Any ideas of where you think he may call home now?

[edit on 10-9-2005 by jupiter869]

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Well have to wait and see where Ann Rice relocates I guess.
She often writes about where she lives or vacations.
Don't be suprised if he ends up in a fema camp in oklahoma!

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   
He died, remember, got laid in the sunlight in The Vampire Lestat

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kushi
He died, remember, got laid in the sunlight in The Vampire Lestat

You need to read more of Anne Rice's books!
Or are you saying he's dead becase he's a vampire?

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I Mean he went into the sunlight and died in new orleans

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   
No, that was in Tale of the Body Theif, and he survived it. And went on to "write" Memnoch and Blood Canticle and a bunch of others I can't remember right now.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   
After Memnock the devil there was The Vampire Armand, Merrick, Blood and Gold, Blackwood Farm (my fav), and the last one Blood Canticle. I suspect more will follow in the years to come. The flood will definitely play a large roll too. I can see Lestat snacking his way through the uncounted refugees.

Im a fan btw.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Nah, Anne Rice swears she's only going to write about Jesus from now on.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 06:32 PM
link   
i would say that Lestat would maybe go to Paris. He's french and lived and was made there.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I agree with the person who said Paris. After all, he originally came from Paris. It is a possibility he would remain in the quarter because it would be less noticed if he took victims after the natural disaster. I suppose with it being Lestat we can only guess.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   
What about New York, or Seattle? Seattle is similar to San Fransico, it has its fair share of crime, and it has interesting night life! Plus, it is dark and rainy, though not as much as the stereotype it has gained for itself.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I don't think it would be a particular problem if Lestat stayed in New Orleans. It's not like he's going to die from exposure.
Yeah, he's the "brat prince" and the idea of living in a run down, grotty, half destroyed house probably wouldn't sit well, but lets face it.
He spent many years living in squalid run down house at the end of IWAV, he spent many years being completely immobile (I think this was after Memnoch The Devil).
I don't think he would leave New Orleans. He might be French, but I think it's the Louisiana Creole that he really loves.

Personally I don't much rate Anne Rice's other novels. The Vampire Chronicles are really where it's at for me. The Servant of the Bones was interesting, but still, not on par in my opinion.
edit on 6-2-2013 by Lulzaroonie because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join