It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This doesn't make sense, does it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Aren't people ment to help eachother instead of killing, torturing, commanding
abusing, indoctrinate etc etc eachother. I guess I won't be able to see this with
my own eyes, maybe from above... My greatest wish is a peacefull planet without
criminals, racists, terrorist etc etc. Will this ever be realised? How more people
have to suffer before we can realise this? And will it eventually happen or is it
just a imagination? I'm starting to lose more and more confidence this will even
happen. I also think people are more voilent these days, that's loathens me.
I really have faith that people CAN live in peace with eachother sadly that
image is slipping away further every day, helping eachother
out would be far better then killing everybody to achief your goal. But hey this
is just me....

Any feedback?

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leon Bokhove
I really have faith that people CAN live in peace with eachother

As long as even just one person continues to have faith in mankinds' humanity toward his fellow man, and that we can strive to make betters of ourselves in what ever way we can, no matter how great or small, then all is not lost..

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I hope more people still have this faith, I'm just scared that
allot of people lost faith trough these years of inhumanity.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I think I'll watch more Star Trek and dream of the Federation. I'll give up actual history as a yardstick to look at people. Star Trek is much more real.
I'll get a makeover ....its much better than real life or learning history. I'll watch the lifetime channel and learn about "victimization" as a institution and a cottage industry. More Judge Judy...now that is real life.
Failing that I'll take up sports as a hobby and hang out at the sports bar. You know..do something important with my life. Hey how about those Titans!!!??? No??? Ok ..how about those Lakers..you know something real important in life.
Ok ok...dont like that one ..I'll take up movies as a hobby and worship Hollywood as my heros. They really know how to live life and make life work for everyone. After all they act it out all the time on television and the big screen. They know the truth better than anyone else in America.
I think it would be the epitome of greatness to be able to describe my life in terms of the ten greatest movies I saw in the last two years. That has to be the equal or better of the Star Trek Federation. Hollywood knows best.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 10:56 PM
link   
If someone would have told me when I graduated high school in 1974 that in 2005 we'd still be fighting racism, hunger, rampant poverty, etc., I'd not have believed it. But then, if someone had told me that the average car in 2005 would still get only about 18 miles to the gallon of gasoline (or that we'd still be using gasoline at all), I'd just have laughed in their face.

But we can't let the lack of progress deter us from seeking progress. Greed and fear and superstition has set us back, but I still believe in the dream.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I believe too. We will get better...LOLOL........guess you think that this will all happen how and when ? Lets put some science to it.....what does everyone think....how could we get better ???

new topics

top topics

join