It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

21st Century Dictionary of ATS Acronyms

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 08:41 AM
link   
masked.... that is hillarious i was in stiches man!!

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Bladerunner

Excellent.

TIHIWISM: That is hilarious I was in stitches man

A useful variant of ROTFLMAO, and more ergonomically correct and safe.

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Bladerunner

Excellent.

TIHIWISM: That is hilarious I was in stitches man

A useful variant of ROTFLMAO, and more ergonomically correct and safe.

Yes, much a long the lines of

OMGITIS - oh my gawd, I think I spotted.

[Edited on 6-9-2003 by Valhall]

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I'm sure that some of us that try to give good quality topics and comments have often run across a thread or comment that we wanted to say: OMGTPS---Oh my gawd, this post sucks!

I am in no way implying such with this particular topic.

regards
seekerof

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 09:15 AM
link   
so...
to aquire T.W.A.T and access to R.A.T.S you have to start with W.I.F.E and advance to RTOHFLRUCP by being an E.S.P with post written in C.L.A.P. The C.G.O.A.T.S. might be of use too, but you have to avoid being a Q.U.I.M, thats not cool. Good thing also is being a M.I.A.T.S.P, improves your chances...

Am I right?

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 09:20 AM
link   
No, slightly off.

Being a TWAT has nothing to do with being in RATS. MA has proven that you most definitely can go outside the realm of CLAP and still be a TWAT.

You, of course, inadvertently left out the first requirement in working to become a TWAT. You must sign up to be one of the MATS, then either with, or without posts that could be deemed CLAP, and sometimes could even be OMGTPS, you work toward being a TWAT by being a PIMP (Poster of IMmense Postings)...number-wise, not necessarily content or volume wise (size doesn't matter in either PIMPing or becoming a TWAT).

In other words, just DWMAD (do what MA does).

[Edited on 6-9-2003 by Valhall]

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 09:23 AM
link   
pc

That is extraordinary, and no OMGTPS in my book.

I differ only in two respects:

To my knowledge RTOHFLRUCP is a very exclusive domain at this juncture, occupied by only one C.H.E.E.S.E. (certified hardworking exceptionally entrepreneurial scientific emissary).

And Q.U.I.M.s are OK by me, as long as they are well maintained.

But your strong grasp is more like that of a stapler than your own name, in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Valhall is also very astute.

I don't recommend PIMPing as always the most effective strategy, if you can POMP (post occasional mellifluous pronouncements).

If you DWMAD, be careful that you have first been cleared of SiGMAtosis.

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 03:00 PM
link   

SiGMAtosis : The mental disorder suffered by a small group of ATS members, corrected before it grew to epidemic proportions in early September 2003. The illness was characterized by hallucinations amongst it sufferers, who would see SimonGray when they saw MaskedAvatar, and vice versa. Extreme cases needed extended therapy including ECT therapy.

you watch yourself, buddy :p

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 03:07 PM
link   

MO

I have done a few naked romps around the place for small private audiences! That may not be to your taste, at all.

It all depends how often you view the W.I.F.E. (Wise Introduction Forum Entry).

this is what I get for not reading the entire thread before I post.

and MA, what happened to my invite?! where's the love, man?!

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 03:07 PM
link   
MC

I thought yours was just a momentary mirage of mass monothematism (MMOMM).

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 03:13 PM
link   
it was actually a Failed Attempt at Teh Funney�, a FAT-F

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Could you please also coach an ignorant one in the "Teh" part of FAT-F?

I've seen it a few times now, and thought it was a typo.

(N.I.C.E. : Naive Interjector Crying "Explanation?")

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Could you please also coach an ignorant one in the "Teh" part of FAT-F?

I've seen it a few times now, and thought it was a typo.

(N.I.C.E. : Naive Interjector Crying "Explanation?")

it's occasionally a typo, but when I use it, it's an IIJ (Intarweb Inside Joke), referring to the brand of humor that appeals to those that spend too much time at the obnoxious humor sites of the web (eg. SomethingAwful, Fark and F---edCompany). the misspellings of 'teh' and 'intarweb' are to commemorate legendary newbies that provided for hours of humor.

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 03:35 PM
link   
MC

A very NICE elucidation indeed. I am now able to adjudge which MATS have spent the most time developing teh intarweb angle at other sites!

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 03:41 PM
link   
MC

CF FRIEND: Collaborative Fiction Friendly Reminder - Initial Entry Needs Doing!

(or later, FRIEND = Friendly Reminder - Intriguing Ending Needs Development)

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 04:27 PM
link   
IAFTDTMHNTOTT - I am far too drunk to make head nor tails of this thread......

But,

IDFIAIMISOM.........I do find it amusing in my intoxicated state of mind

BEER - Beats Everything Ever, Right?

[Edited on 6-9-2003 by chebob]

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 07:40 PM
link   
You TWAT! There isn't a self respecting Dwarf in Middle Earth or anyother Earth that would call ANYTHING but his Axe "precious"!

YOU Heathen! Malcontent! Mischevious MugWump!

And lest we forget,SIMON GRAY... SIGMA LIVES!!!!!!!

PEACE...
m...

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 09:40 PM
link   
L.O.U.D.

Loutish Off-topic Undisciplined Disturbance

posted on Sep, 7 2003 @ 08:44 PM
link   
From the official Dictionary:

SiGMA : The benign mythical entity that combines two separate and distinct individuals - Site Owner & Creator SimonGray - with T.W.A.T.S./R.A.T.S. ATS member MaskedAvatar. This entity is non-existent, like Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny.

SiGMAtosis : The mental disorder suffered by a small group of ATS members, corrected before it grew to epidemic proportions in early September 2003. The illness was characterized by hallucinations amongst it sufferers, who would see SimonGray when they saw MaskedAvatar, and vice versa. Extreme cases needed extended therapy including ECT therapy.

E.C.T. : Eliminating Conspiratorial Thinking, the challenging therapy required at ATS when temporarily delusional people continue to vehemently bark up the wrong tree for days on end.

It has become apparent that a certain biker (and alleged truck driver) ATS & RATS member, has unfortunately not responded well to ECT treatment of his SiGMAtosis. So deeply seated are his delusions, that he has in fact commenced a movement in some ways similar to

T.B.A.T.S. (defunct) - Take Back Above Top Secret, an obscure revolution that caused the cyberdeath of some members, and the resurrection of others.

In the more recent case, the term SiGMA has been bastardized to read "SIGMA" ["Simon Gray = MaskedAvatar"], and fraudulantly presented to stand for a foundation or front whose members believe that SimonGray IS MaskedAvatar.

More ECT treatment has been prescribed, and we can only pray that it succeeds, as prayer worked for Alwayana in the Collaborative Fiction thread, and as it has been proven to work also in the thread about Healing by Prayers, in the statistically measured view of ATS members.

Pay no heed to fake SIGMA Foundation rantings. SimonGray is not MaskedAvatar and MaskedAvatar is not SimonGray.

Being part of SIGMA (the exclusive domain of SiGMAtosis sufferers) is the equivalent of joining an organization called "Come and stand tall behind me if you believe in the Easter Bunny Foundation" (CAST EBF).

It is also interesting to note that the two most significant sufferers of SiGMAtosis have been a member previously thought to have marooned himself on Gilligan's Island, and the biker/alleged truck driver.

Put an end to SiGMAtosis! Donate your time to ECT when SiGMAtosis hits someone close to you.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join