It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth Please.... Is Nessie real?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Langolier
I would be really pleased if it were though. It would make the world so much more interesting.

As to the mapping of the lake, scientists have used mini-sub, and they have found the sides and bottom of the loch to be full of caves. If a bear can hide and hibernate, why can't a dinosaur (plieosaur to be exact)?

- Tass

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 03:31 AM
link   
this material is from the following people at www.cassiopaea.com and is freely distributed to those that want it, though I do not know if it still appears on this website.

Q: (L) *** wants to know what the Loch Ness Monster is.
A: Serpent. 40 feet long average. There are 51 in the lake. They live in underwater cavern system and are leftovers from pre-cataclysmic times.
Q: (L) Are there any huge monsters at the bottom of the ocean?
A: Giant squid about 1000 feet long. There are about 20,000 of them more or less.
Q: (L) Are there any leftover dinosaurs in the jungles of Africa or South America?
A: No.

[Edited on 15-9-2003 by THENEO]

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Having lived near to Loch Ness all my life, as well as spending a lot of time at a good friends house which is actually on the banks of Loch Ness. I would have to say no, not because I have never seen anything but because nobody I know personally has seen anything.

Yes we all have a friend who has a friend who has a friend (...repeat ad Inftium), who has seen something.

Don't get me wrong I would love if there was hard and fast proof.

At the end if the day when you look on Loch Ness on a cold and Frosty December Day with the mist boiling of the lake and a sense of stillness in the air, it is a truely amazing sight and also spritually uplifing one as well.

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 03:55 PM
link   
No...

For such a creature to survive now, there would need to be quite a number left in the world, in order to maintain existence as a species...and there simply aren't... The creatures that do still exist but shouldn't, are in non-explored areas (mokelemobimbe comes to mind, or the deep water dwelling super giant squid), not in a fairly public lake. I think that Nessie sightnings are a case of mistaken identity for other sea creatures...to the point where anything not readily recognizable becomes a "sighting"...same with Lake Champlain, etc.

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 04:54 PM
link   
alas,
I see Sir Gazrok is a disbeliever, 'tis too bad.
Are you suggsting Nessie is a giant frog then?
Snake?
Turtle?
Salamander?
Duck? (huh??, sry, just proving a point]

There are several instances where Nessie was seen at the same time, such as 1 Jun 2003, three and a half months ago?

I wish they got some sonar running on the web like the old webcam
, I'll miss her.
- Tassadar

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Champ Monster's Sound Recorded?
www.para-normal.com...
Sightings of the chinese Nessie
www.para-normal.com... and www.para-normal.com...
another plediosaur?
www.para-normal.com...

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Nessie could exist but why she didnt die when the other dino's died?
There was a large stone inpackt somewhere and then Al the dino's died but what about nessie? Maybe she was far away underwater in lochness and didnt feel the presure of the stone inpackt

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I know why they really can find nessie, someone hides her,
no not the illuminati see here- www.watac.piczo.com... .

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   
IMHO...

Nessie doesnt and never did exist. It was a myth a long time ago and now its a great tourist attraction. They could easily find nessie if they wanted. But why bother? tourist location.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I believe Nessie does exist.

But it is not neccessarily a dinosaur.

Could be something else.

But there have been alot of sightings-thousands

Boats with sonar have detected 20-30ft creatures underwater

Scientists took underwater photos, but their too murky, can barely see anything.

Some photos tooken. Some are definetley hoaxes, some could be real

There is alot of evidence, so I believe there is SOMETHING in there.

Could be anything, not neccesserily a prehistoric creature

Could be a well-known animal.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Tassadar wrote :

As to the mapping of the lake, scientists have used mini-sub, and they have found the sides and bottom of the loch to be full of caves. If a bear can hide and hibernate, why can't a dinosaur (plieosaur to be exact)?

They have ??? when and where ?? I have reviewed several surveys of the loch and great glen and NONE mentioned any caves below the loch surface .
Can you cite the survey which discovered these “ caves “ , as I am deeply suspicios ??

1337nessCas wrote :

Nessie could exist but why she didnt die when the other dino's died?
There was a large stone inpackt somewhere and then Al the dino's died but what about nessie? Maybe she was far away underwater in lochness and didnt feel the presure of the stone inpackt

The problem here , is that loch ness has only existed at an isolated body of fresh water ` protected ` from outside For about 100K years i
The “ major “ cometary impacts and other extinction events were 65 million , and 20 million years ago

At these times – the great glen was unrecognizable to a modern observer – there was no loch – and the area was at various points , either total exposed [ above water ] , under ice , underwater [ fullu submerged ] Or briefly as a straits – separating the northern part of Scotland from the rest

So unfortunately at the relevant times , the great glen was not the “ safe haven “ , protected from external catastrophe , your idea requires it to be

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 04:03 AM
link   
i beleive Nessie exists for sure but its a clever creature, it deffinatly has become wary of Human presance around the Loch in recent times, theres been to many sightings through out history to say this creature cant exist, its more than one too most likely a heard or familys of them there are many caves that lead in and out too sea from the Loch Ness, i would also say their numbers seem to be low but seemto be surviving in enough numbers to continue, who knows maybe they live in caves and surface rarely.

Has the caves of Loch Ness been explored properly?

Whats needed is 24/7 all year round survalance of the Loch on a big scale, also the Loch waters have odd properties theres a WW2 plane down there and it has been preserved like it crashed yesterday.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I have nothing personall against blobby – so it’s a shame he is on the sharp end of this tirade – but I am sick of explaining the same points over and over

[rant/on] lets deny some ignorance here

Originally posted by blobby
i beleive Nessie exists for sure but its a clever creature, i

good for you

deffinatly has become wary of Human presance around the Loch in recent times, theres been to many sightings through out history to say this creature cant exist, its more than one too most likely a heard or familys of them

An argument from numbers ?? if we are to use the canard “ there are multiple historical reports “ – then it opens the flood gates to reviving EVERY historic tale as “ fact “ just because it was widely reported

there are many caves that lead in and out too sea from the Loch Ness,

UTTER CRAP . i am sick of having to re iterate this point there are no caves linking the loch to the sea , the surface of the loch is 17 [ seventeen ] metres above mean sea level

If there was a underground passage linking the loch ot the north sea – it would drain the loch down to sea level – in short order –

The Caledonian canal [ north end ] has 4 sets of locks – which boats must navigate to go from the beualy firth to the loch

The river ness has 5 wiers .and 4 bridges . any large creature cannot just migrate up and down the R.ness with impunity -

who knows maybe they live in caves and surface rarely.

[added sarcasm] maybee it lives in the land if narnia – and travels too and from that ream to the loch via the wardrobe that ` mad jock ` threw in there in a fit of pique [/added sarcasm]

Has the caves of Loch Ness been explored properly?

the " caves of the loch " do not even exist -- so surveying them is a wee bit difficult

the geology of the great glen is igneous rocks , not condusive to the formation of caves

has this point hit home yet ??

but as always – as it is near imposilble for me to “ prove the negative “ – in support of my contention that there are no caves .

it is incumbent on the claimant who wishes to state that caves exist to provide the survey data that charts them .

in plain English – put up or shut up

Whats needed is 24/7 all year round survalance of the Loch on a big scale,

this hasz been done , repeatedly over the years - starting with the LNIB and various academic institutions , IIRC the longest was a 6 month survey monitoring the loch 24/7

also the Loch waters have odd properties

Yes they do , the acidity , visibility , , suspended solids , depth , thermal layers etc etc all combine to be a major hinderance to a quick and easy attempt to located a cryptid in the loch

But what are you actually claiming with this point ?

The properties of the loch work both ways , for example : The oxygen deficient lower reaches of the loch are almost sterile [ devoid of life ] and certainly inhospitable to a LARGE creature with gills

And SHOULD have preserved the carcases of many generations of creatures – had they died and sunk to the bottom

theres a WW2 plane down there and it has been preserved like it crashed yesterday.

Is there ???

That’s a new one on me ,

Can you cite this event please – I have just looked up my big list of crash locations in the UK during the war – and while several went down in Inverness shire – NONE are credited as being in the loch itself .

[/rant]

[edit on 26-4-2006 by ignorant_ape]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 05:35 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Tassadar

I am in the 50/50 side! I agree with the extend what Gazrok said...

But what about the footage we see about Nessie!

Untill there is more decent footage of nessie! i`m a bit "NAY"

P.S : Nice avatar.... wanna fight

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I believe that there's a large species of fresh water eel or elongated fish living in the loch. I think the problem is most of the pictures that appear to have a neck sticking out of the water are circus elephants and its got everybody looking for a friggin pleasiosaur.

news.bbc.co.uk...

These kind of sightings in turn brought more attention onto the body of water. Now in this modern era of video you get a lot of eel like creatures swimming close to the surface in these videos and pictures, perhaps surfacing only when sick or about to die much like an oarfish.

I think one possibility is that it could be a fairly large cold water gymnotiforme (knifefish, electric eel) that somehow made its way to Europe via Africa after the continents seperated, or an elongated siluriforme (catfish) that spends most of its time close to the bottom and has had to develop a serpentine shape due to the environment.

There's not many fish free swimming around the loch, but i think there may be a lot more food sources and prey items living in the crevices and hard to reach spots around the loch, hence an elongated fish or eel that can maximize the loch's food supply.

The cold water forces a slower metabolism, and a longer life span, coupled with little to no competition for the apex predator at those depths leading to a fairly large size, much like a greenland shark. Not 50 feet, but 8-10 feet, maybe up to 25 feet in freakish cases.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I'm all for cryptozoology it's very interesting but the lake is just not big enough nor does it have enough food to feed the thing(s), theres been to many scientific tests that prove more than disprove. for me to believe

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Is that suppose to be a real picture of nessie?Its looks like a diplodocus not a pleiosaur.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I get yes and look for ol Nessie in the Mediterranean sea.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I think Nessie did or does exist. What I'm really struck by right now (a tweak off-topic) is that you currently have 34 posts and a whopping 6690 views! Now surely some of those views are the same person, but still.....

You know what else is interesting? You look at Loch Ness on GoogleEarth, and you can bring the resolution down to a fine detail for the surrounding areas, but the Loch itself? Not so much.

I don't think that the few that were caught faking a Nessie negates the phenomenon any more than faked UFO photos negates that phenomenon.

Interesting also, to me, that the Lock was basically open to the ocean until the advancements of humans. (uh-oh, I'll have to get some documentation that that statement won't I)

I give Nessie a big thumbs up and thanks for the thread

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join